• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Stoneware: Common Questions and Concerns

:(Send it back!Oh no! Really? Yikes! I'll go check it out. It's the unglazed one. I bought it in April, I think?Well, I looked and looked and I don't see any cracks. So is this not normal at all? Should I call and ask HO?Bumping...
babywings76
Gold Member
So I have another question...boy I hope you guys aren't sick of me....:angel:

On the outside of my rectangle baker, on the bottom third of it all the way around it looks discolored, like it's wet or oil seeped through to the outside. Is that a normal look for the outside of stoneware?

if it is on the outside you probably have a hairline crack. Is it the glazed baker? Look very closely it can be very faint. This happened to a host of mine who had the lg bar pan. Looked OK but after using it a few times was "leaking" I took a good look and yup.... hairline cracks.

Send it back!

Last edited:
Oh no! Really? Yikes! I'll go check it out. It's the unglazed one. I bought it in April, I think?

Well, I looked and looked and I don't see any cracks. So is this not normal at all? Should I call and ask HO?

Bumping...

I put a call in to customer service and am waiting for a call back. Just thought I'd try asking again to see if this is normal for the outside of a stone.

Okay, I just got off the phone. They are so nice. :) I love PC! I feel so bad though returning the stone if this is normal. But he said it didn't sound normal, so he gave me a reference # and they will be sending me a return label and that they are paying for it. Wow! I thought I was going to have to since the show I bought it at before I signed was in April. How great is that! :)

Now, how to box it up safely? I guess it doesn't matter too much if it breaks, right? ;)

Our HO is phenomenal! Glad to hear you got things worked out. And, no, you won't need to worry about making it too secure for shipping. :)

If you are questioning it that much - then I think you did the right thing in returning it. Especially if you end up using it for shows. :)

My large bar pan broke during my demo last night. I made the mini-cheeseburgers and was in the process of cutting the meat into squares when one of the corners broke away and fell off! I used the opportunity to show the guests what the stoneware looks like "on the inside" and to explain the process for returning a defective product. I also joked that the bar pan now has a built-in drain!

Then, while I was scraping the bar pan under hot water, the opposite corner broke off. I compared the two pieces with one another and they were nearly identical... in both shape and size. Very odd.

Related to Understanding Stoneware: Common Questions and Concerns

1. What is stoneware and how is it different from other types of cookware?

Stoneware is a type of clay-based ceramic cookware that is heated at extremely high temperatures, making it very durable and non-porous. This means it can withstand high temperatures and is less likely to absorb food flavors or odors compared to other types of cookware.

2. Do I need to season my stoneware before using it?

No, stoneware does not need to be seasoned like cast iron or other types of cookware. However, it is recommended to lightly oil the surface before each use to prevent food from sticking.

3. Can I use stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the microwave. However, it is important to note that stoneware retains heat very well, so it is recommended to adjust cooking times accordingly to prevent food from overcooking.

4. How do I clean and care for my stoneware?

Stoneware is very easy to clean and care for. It is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash with hot water and mild soap to ensure longevity. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh abrasives on the surface as it can cause scratches.

5. Can I use stoneware on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not suitable for stovetop use as it can crack or break under direct heat. It is recommended to only use it in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Mystik
  • CrazyChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
rennea
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • Products and Tips
Replies