• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Long-Term Gain in Recruiting: A Guide for New Consultants

now. I'm not sure if I explained it well enough but in summary, my downline is super upset because she's given away shows and bookings to a new recruit. She's now worried about her SAT score because the recruit is getting all the bookings and sales. I explained to her that she's making a long-term investment in helping the recruit start off successful and that if she doesn't do it, the recruit will get the sales and bookings.
Sheila
Gold Member
One of my downline called me super upset yesterday. She has a new recruit & did what I do, she gave the first show & all the bookings to that recruit. Then she realized the recourse for doing that. It will effect her SAT! She's done PC before but this is her first time recruiting. She flat out said that the recruit is "stealing" her sales. I explained to her that if she chooses to give away the show & the bookings, she's not stealing from herself, she's making a long term investment and helping the recruit start off successful with the hopes that she will thrive and stick with Pampered Chef. I used a savings account as an example. If she took $50 from her months salary & put it in a savings account, she hasn't lost it, she's putting it back to have more later. But in retrospect, I think I should have used stock options as an example. She's choosing the stock in lieu of a paycheck with the hope that she'll get a monthly payout on her stock for YEARS!!!

I did explain to her that I should have made $680 this month but with my downline I made an extra $687 & some change. So giving away those few shows over the last few months is now starting to pay off EVERY month with what I would be making if I were doing 2-3 more shows per month. As a Team leader, it was only about 1-2 shows per month. She did agree that she could understand how I'm getting paid back ... but I have 14 under me and she sees that as being unattainable anytime in the near future. If this girl does a $400 show, my recruit is looking at $4 on her paycheck. She would much rather see the $80 on her paycheck AND have the sales for SAT.

So I'm looking for ideas of how you ladies explain the benefits of recruiting in the beginning. We all know the ultimate payoff, but I'm looking for ideas on how to explain it to someone who's more focused on instant gratification vs. long-term gain!!! :eek:

Oh, we also talked about the benefits of self-gratification by knowing that she helped another person. Not a big seller in this case. ;)

Maybe you could break down a mock pay check. Here is one:

Personal sales $3,621.46 20% $724.29
monthly com. Sales $3,621.46 4% $144.86
$15,000 sales $3,621.46 2% $72.43
Grand Total $941.58

Pay for my 1st and 2nd gen team over rides $811.10 plus $60 for 6 of my team members submitting $150

$941.58
$871.10 Totals $1812.68

I could try to figure what it would be if I did those parties but I don't have the connections that others have. And some that I do connect with? It isn't the right time to book or sign. Others have been there when it was the right time and I still get paid!!
Basically, my pay reflects 8 less times I had to leave my house but still make $871.10!!

Right now, yes, it seems like chump change but you don't start out as CEO of a company...you start out in the mail room and you grow as your team grows. I totally understand the self gratification...I am having a brief moment of that myself right now, but I am determined to find more to put strength back into my pay check.

You can't describe the self satisfaction of helping others until you experience it and our motto is...if those under you don't succeed, you won't either.

Also, sounds like she may be upset about losing the FREE SAT product. You can explain that she will be able to purchase what she does not earn at 50% off with her PCD AND write it off as a tax deduction.

In the end, by helping someone get started with their business, she'll ultimately help herself. She will instantly get that promotion with the payraise. Though it's a small raise, it will be consistently paying her monthly and getting her on track to making BIG money. Let her know she is only 1 recruit away from possible HO Leads....then free product when she makes D.

It's all stepping stones and definitely worthwhile.

Oh, I'm the personality who can definitely see the long term gain. She's an instant gratification person. She wants her reward right now, not 2-10 months down the road. :( I'm just trying to figure out how to educate her to look ahead and see the potential benefits that she can reap down the road. Not sure she's capable of doing that right now though. I think she pretty much lives for today & she'll figure out tomorrow when it comes.

If they are still available, I would get the cds from the supply order that are the National Execs success speeches. Maybe they would help her see the big picture... :)

Sheila said:
Oh, I'm the personality who can definitely see the long term gain. She's an instant gratification person. She wants her reward right now, not 2-10 months down the road. :( I'm just trying to figure out how to educate her to look ahead and see the potential benefits that she can reap down the road. Not sure she's capable of doing that right now though. I think she pretty much lives for today & she'll figure out tomorrow when it comes.

Ask her if she has ever seen the test of children who were given M&M's and told not to eat them right then. There may be a reward later...some will eat them anyway.

LOL I feel pretty confident that she might have failed that test as a child. ;)

1. What is long-term gain in recruiting?

Long-term gain in recruiting refers to the long-lasting benefits and positive outcomes that result from effectively recruiting and retaining top talent for an organization. This includes factors such as increased productivity, improved company culture, and higher employee retention rates.

2. Why is it important for new consultants to understand long-term gain in recruiting?

As a new consultant, understanding the concept of long-term gain in recruiting is crucial for building a successful career. It allows you to not only focus on short-term results, but also consider the long-term impact of your recruitment strategies and decisions. This can help you build stronger relationships with clients and candidates, and ultimately drive more positive results for the organization.

3. How can I achieve long-term gain in recruiting?

To achieve long-term gain in recruiting, it is important to adopt a strategic and holistic approach to the recruitment process. This involves understanding the organization's goals, values, and culture, as well as identifying and attracting top talent who align with these factors. Additionally, maintaining strong communication and relationships with both clients and candidates can help ensure long-term success.

4. What are some common mistakes that can hinder long-term gain in recruiting?

Some common mistakes that can hinder long-term gain in recruiting include focusing solely on short-term results, neglecting to consider cultural fit, and not properly managing candidate and client relationships. Additionally, not staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices can also hinder long-term success in recruiting.

5. How can I measure long-term gain in recruiting?

Measuring long-term gain in recruiting can be challenging, as it involves tracking various factors such as employee retention rates and productivity over an extended period of time. Some ways to measure long-term gain include conducting employee satisfaction surveys, tracking employee performance and turnover rates, and analyzing the overall impact of your recruitment efforts on the organization's success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies