• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Two Credit Cards Declined: Hoping for Success This Time

In summary, the conversation revolved around two credit cards being declined at a recent show. The participants discussed the new feature on credit cards and how it worked well, but also expressed frustration with not being able to see the credit card numbers after they have been entered. They also mentioned the possibility of credit unions causing issues with declined cards and the importance of double checking the name on the card. Some suggestions were made for resolving declined cards, such as calling the host or contacting Home Office directly. The conversation ended with a discussion about the time it takes to hear about declined cards or checks and a personal experience with using the new website to process a declined card.
kisrae
Gold Member
Two credit card were declined from my last show.
I do have to say that the new feature on CC worked really well and was easy.

I just hope that they go though this time.

What do you have to do? Get a new CC #? I just received a email telling me that one was declined.

I usually try the number I have again. Occasionally I have entered the numbers incorrectly. (Once, I used the host's name in stead of her husband's, which was the name on the card.) Even if the number is correct, sometimes it goes through on the second try. After that, I contact the guest. I give them the option of how to handle the payment.

I will have to call the host because it was an outside order which she gave me the CC# over the phone. On PP3 the # is blocked out.
Thanks Rae:)

That's why I always write the number down. I really don't like that I can't see the CC# after it's in. I understand the reasoning. I just find it inconvenient at times.

there seems to be a run with declined cc's lately on most of my shows. I hate the way it is blacked out and I cant see them once they are in - to tell if it was my mistake or not. I am definitely writing them all down from now on.

Better declined cc's than returned checks!
My Director told me that a lot of times the cards won't go thru if they're on a credit union acct. Not sure why, but that has seemed to be the case with most of the declines I've had. I try to mark the order form if they are.
Call or email ho and ask them to run it again... this usually works...and makes me wonder if they try to run it more than once before notifying us there's an issue.
Good luck!

on my last party, her card was declined twice. She assured me she was giving me the right number and that it was a legit account and not maxed out (it was an outside order and we were on the phone). We finally figured out it was under her husbands name and not hers and HO was running it under her name. Partly my fault, I always ask that, just with this one I didnt because she put it under her name when she ordered thru my website. Always check that...!!!

hmmmmm, when I have transposed # and the account # is wrong it won't xxxx it out.
I've also had HO tell me they don't go by names (a customer got married after the order was submitted and she called me to "warn" me her info was changed & give me her new married name so I called HO and the lady said they don't go by names)

I still personally would rather resolve any CC issues by calling H.O. directly. Otherwise the show will be on hold so much longer this way. It takes them 48 hours to get back with us to let us know if it is accepted or declined yet again. If you call, they can tell you on the spot if the card is good or if you need another payment. Therefore, shows will be released a lot sooner and customers will be happier because they got their products FAST!

Had a declined card on my show Mon. Put it through on the new site and then followed up with a call today. They hadn't run the card again from the site yet, so my show was still on hold & my commissions.

I had contacted the guest & he told me it was possible there was a problem. Since the show is being sent to me, I had CS put it on my card & she released the hold right then. New site was easy--but wondering how long it takes for them to process it, when it was immediate over the phone.

oh I am not looking forward to this stuff happening to me. how long does it normally take to hear you have a declined card or check?

Related to Two Credit Cards Declined: Hoping for Success This Time

1. Why were my two credit cards declined?

There could be a few reasons why your credit cards were declined. It could be due to insufficient funds, a security hold placed by your bank, or an issue with the card itself. We recommend contacting your bank or credit card issuer for more information.

2. Can I try using a different credit card?

Yes, you can certainly try using a different credit card. If your first two cards were declined, it could be due to a temporary issue with those specific cards. Please make sure the new card has sufficient funds and is not on hold by your bank.

3. Will I be charged for the declined transactions?

No, you will not be charged for the declined transactions. When a credit card is declined, the transaction is not processed and no funds are transferred. You will only be charged for successful transactions.

4. How can I ensure my credit card will be accepted this time?

There are a few steps you can take to increase the chances of your credit card being accepted. Make sure the card has sufficient funds, is not on hold by your bank, and has not expired. You can also try using a different credit card or contacting your bank to see if they can remove any holds on your card.

5. Is there another payment method I can use?

Yes, we also accept payments through PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay. These options may be more convenient for you and can also help avoid any issues with credit cards. Simply select your preferred payment method at checkout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • pamperedkel