• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Turning off the Tv and Reading!

In summary, reading has numerous benefits for overall health and well-being, including reducing stress, improving memory and concentration, and promoting relaxation and mindfulness. To encourage family members to read, lead by example and establish a designated family reading time. For busy schedules, try setting aside a specific time each day or incorporating audiobooks. Reading can also improve relationships and social skills by exposing readers to different perspectives and serving as a common ground for conversation. To make reading more enjoyable and engaging, choose books aligned with personal interests and consider joining a book club or setting reading goals.
finley1991
I've made a commitment to myself to turn off the TV and do more reading! I've been doing great since I got home from conference and actually have been watching very little television!I'm looking for some great business books to read... anyone have titles they would like to share of books that have really helped with their businesses?

Sorry I don't have any to share. But what a great idea! I'd love to know what books are worth reading..thanks for starting the post :)

have you read any of Amanda Gore's ---We had her at a conference a while back---

I haven't read it, but I have heard that the DSWA's Build it Big series is good.

cmdtrgd said:
I haven't read it, but I have heard that the DSWA's Build it Big series is good.

I have that book and have read different portions of it. I really like it!

Great Idea!! I need to do this too!

I have three that are very short and easy to read and I have found them to be inspirational. For people that are advide readers you can plow threw each of them in a long afternoon. I'm sure you can find them on half.com, amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com

By Spencer Johnson "The Present" and "Who Moved My Cheese"

By Tom Rath and Donald O. Clifton "How Full is Your Bucket?"

Michelle

Related to Turning off the Tv and Reading!

1. How can reading benefit my overall health and well-being?

Reading has been shown to reduce stress levels, improve memory and concentration, and even increase empathy and emotional intelligence. It can also provide a much-needed break from screen time and promote a sense of relaxation and mindfulness.

2. How can I get my family to turn off the TV and read instead?

Lead by example and make reading a priority in your own daily routine. Encourage family reading time by setting aside a specific time each day or week where everyone can gather and read together. You can also try suggesting books that might interest each family member and make it a fun and engaging activity.

3. What are some tips for incorporating reading into a busy schedule?

Try setting aside a specific time each day, even if it's just 15 minutes, to read. This could be during your morning or evening routine, during your lunch break, or right before bed. You can also try audiobooks for a hands-free reading experience while commuting or doing household chores.

4. How can reading improve my relationships and social skills?

Reading can expose you to different perspectives and ideas, improving your communication skills and ability to empathize with others. It can also serve as a common ground for conversation and shared experiences with friends and family.

5. What are some ways to make reading more enjoyable and engaging?

Choose books that align with your interests and hobbies, and don't be afraid to try new genres. Joining a book club or discussing books with friends can also make the reading experience more enjoyable. Additionally, setting reading goals and tracking your progress can add a sense of accomplishment and motivation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • raebates
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Bren706