• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turkey & Ham Sandwiches: Mayo or Mustard?

In summary, people generally prefer mayonnaise with turkey and mustard with ham. Some people prefer to mix the two together, while others prefer to have them separately. For mayonnaise with turkey, the best mayonnaise is Duke's. For mayonnaise with ham, adding mustard to the mayonnaise is key. Most people also prefer horseradish on their roast beef sandwiches.

Do you have mustard or may on your sandwich?

• Turkey with mayo; ham with mayo

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Turkey with mustard; ham with mustard

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Turkey with mayo; ham with mustard

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • Turkey with mustard; ham with mayo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ICK! I don't like mustard/mayo.

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
pcsharon1
Gold Member
Okay, so the ketchup or mustard poll got me to thinking about a common disagreement between my DH and I.

Here is my thinking (I know, right! You are in for a real treat here!) when it comes to sandwiches:

Turkey is a mayo meat
Ham is a mustard meat
Roast Beef leans toward mustard but can really go either way.

So here is my poll, based only on Turkey and Ham because that is our main disagreement.

Let us know how you prefer it. Maybe we'll get around to roast beef another day;)

Turkey is both and ham is only mustard

Turkey is both (at the same time that is), ham is mustard only :)

I'm a vegetarian now but when I ate meat it was both on turkey and only mayo with ham but that's probably only because I think mustard is gross!

sorry I like miracle whip i can't stand mustard or mayo

I always ate my sandwiches plain! No mayo or mustard!

But as I got older, I liked only mayo - I always hated mustard. Now, with watching my weight, mustard is my choice. Go figure!

I like both with mayo (Hellmans), but also need to add mustard to the ham, which wasn't an option.

I hate mustard unless it's mixed in with a recipe but not by itself on my meat.:yuck:

BethCooks4U said:
I hate mustard unless it's mixed in with a recipe but not by itself on my meat.:yuck:

Same with me. I voted mayo on both. Maybe I should have voted that I don't like mustard/mayo. But I wanted my vote for mayo to show. ;) And it has to be Hellmans/Best Foods.

I'm a mustard and mayo gal - but I want the meat on the mustard side of the bread and the lettuce and other toppings on the mayo side. I tend to take my sandwich apart about half-way through and eat just the inside and I can't stand to have mustard on the salad part.

And, I also prefer horseraddish on my roast beef sandwich.

And the best mayo is Duke's :)

Duke's is great...but not available around NE Ohio!

I voted for mayo with turkey and mustard with ham, but you need to add mustard WITH the mayo on turkey! Also...it depends on my mood whether I want real mayo or Miracle Whip! Now that I am focusing on losing weight, seems I am steering towards Miracle Whip since it is less calories and fat by far.

BTW- roast beef MUST be with real mayo and horseradish!

I don't like horseradish!

They're both equally disgusting, but at least I can tolerate mayo when its an ingredient in a warm dish.

Other than that, I prefer those sandwiches with no condiments, and tomato.

Mayo (or Miracle Whip) for both - I detest mustard.

pamperedlinda said:

AMEN!

And I like mayo and mustard on my ham ...and turkey sandwiches.

I do not like mustard with turkey, but I do like mayo and mustard with ham. BUT the mustard has to be on the bread with the meat and not with the veggies!

Turkey w/ mayo, and Ham w/ mustard - absolutely!

I grew up thinking that I hated "mayonnaise" - because that's what my family called Miracle Whip.:yuck:

Imagine my surprise as a teenager when I had real mayo for the first time, and discovered I loved :love: it!

My favorite brand is a called Mrs. Clarks real mayonnaise. I get it at the health food store - it's real food - with no preservatives or additives - just like homemade!

I voted for mayo but in our house mayo means Miracle Whip! I don't buy mayo unless it's for a Tastefully Simple dip recipe!!

I'm not a mustard type girl, unless it is on a corn dog.

kcjodih said:
Turkey is both (at the same time that is), ham is mustard only :)

Same for me. :)

Now I'll really gross all you mustard haters out... I like to eat pickle sandwiches (esp when I was younger)... Mustard, dill pickle slices & bread. If I was really needing a sodium fix, I'd add salt & pepper. :D

pamperedlinda said:
I'm a mustard and mayo gal - but I want the meat on the mustard side of the bread and the lettuce and other toppings on the mayo side. I tend to take my sandwich apart about half-way through and eat just the inside and I can't stand to have mustard on the salad part.

And, I also prefer horseraddish on my roast beef sandwich.

Can't wait to try this "Duke's" someday. I also love horseradish on RB sandwiches! Next time someone I know goes down south, I'll have them get me some Duke's.

I've never heard of Duke's. Is this a specialty brand? I've lived in NJ, PA, UT, IA, and KY and I have never seen it before. Is it only available in certain states? Or is it a newer brand? Or maybe I've just been missing it?

Dukes:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/photo_mayo_large.png

I LOVE Duke's Mayo!

Only mayo on anything. I HATE mustard. I don't even like the way it smells.

Related to Turkey & Ham Sandwiches: Mayo or Mustard?

1. Can I use both mayo and mustard on my turkey and ham sandwich?

Yes, you can use both mayo and mustard on your sandwich. It's all a matter of personal preference. Some people like the combination of both flavors, while others may prefer one over the other.

2. What type of mustard is best for turkey and ham sandwiches?

There are many types of mustard that can be used for turkey and ham sandwiches. Some popular options include Dijon, honey, or whole grain mustard. Ultimately, it depends on your taste preferences and what pairs well with the other ingredients in your sandwich.

3. Is there a healthier option than using mayo or mustard on my sandwich?

Yes, there are healthier options for condiments on your turkey and ham sandwich. You can try using avocado, hummus, or Greek yogurt as a spread instead of mayo or mustard. These options offer similar creaminess and flavor, but with added nutrients.

4. Can I substitute mayo or mustard with another condiment?

Of course, you can substitute mayo or mustard with a different condiment. Some popular options include ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, or pesto. Just be mindful of the flavor profile and how it will pair with the rest of your sandwich ingredients.

5. How can I make my turkey and ham sandwich more flavorful?

There are many ways to add flavor to your turkey and ham sandwich. Some options include adding sliced cheese, pickles, or sliced avocado. You can also try using different types of bread, such as a croissant or a bagel, to change up the flavor profile.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • jillbean