• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying Out a New Recipe: Deep Dish Baker or Other Stones?

In summary, before using your deep dish baker or other stones for the first time, it is important to season them by lightly coating with oil and baking in a cold oven. These stones are not suitable for stovetop use and should be preheated before use to prevent cracking. Cleaning is easy, but soap or detergent should not be used. These versatile stones can be used for a variety of recipes, including casseroles, breads, pizzas, and roasting vegetables and meats.
JaimeQ
Has anyone tried this recipe? What are your thoughts on it? I don't have the deep dish baker is it possible to do it in any of the other stones? TIA

Where is the recipe located at? It sounds like it would be very tasty!!!!! I will gladly try it.

I made it last year around Thanksgiving and it was pretty good. I took it to a show and all of the guests loved it. I made it in the deep dish baker, so not sure how it would do in another stone.

It's in the delightfully desert cookbook

I just made this on Monday for our thanksgiving meal and it is yummy and easy to make. Everyone loved it.:)

Oops, don't have that recipe book yet. Can anyone post the recipe? it sounds delicious.

:)

Does this have to be refrigerated because of the cream cheese filling?

Here you are!!!! :D

Attachments

• Pumpkin Ribbon Cake.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 689
PampMomof3 said:
Here you are!!!! :D
Thank you!! I will have to try this for the family this weekend!:love:

1. How do I prepare my deep dish baker or other stones for use?

Before using your deep dish baker or other stones for the first time, it is important to season them. This helps to create a non-stick surface and enhance the flavor of your dishes. To season, simply rinse the stone with water and wipe dry. Then, lightly coat the surface with oil and place it in a cold oven. Turn the oven on to 350 degrees and let the stone bake for 15-20 minutes. Let it cool completely before using.

2. Can I use my deep dish baker or other stones on the stovetop?

No, deep dish bakers and other stones are not suitable for use on the stovetop. They are designed for use in the oven or microwave only.

3. Do I need to preheat my deep dish baker or other stones before using?

For best results, it is recommended to preheat your deep dish baker or other stones before using. This helps to evenly distribute heat and prevent the stone from cracking due to sudden temperature changes. Preheat your oven to the desired temperature and place the stone in the oven while it preheats.

4. How do I clean my deep dish baker or other stones?

Cleaning your deep dish baker or other stones is easy. After use, let the stone cool completely before washing it. Do not use soap or detergent, as it can be absorbed into the stone and affect the flavor of your dishes. Instead, use a scraper or brush to remove any residue. You can also lightly rinse the stone with water and use a nylon scrub brush for tougher stains. Let the stone air dry before storing.

5. What types of recipes can I make in my deep dish baker or other stones?

Deep dish bakers and other stones are versatile and can be used for a variety of recipes such as casseroles, breads, pizzas, and desserts. They can also be used for roasting vegetables and meats. Be sure to check the manufacturer's instructions for specific temperature and cooking time recommendations for different types of recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Tara Volpenhein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Pampered Angel