• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Try Our Delicious Moroccan Chicken Pita Wedges Recipe!

In summary, the author recommends mixing the chicken mixture with the vegetable mixture separately to avoid watery mixture. The recipe also calls for using a bread/pita wedge, but the author suggests using a small scoop to make it easier to serve. The author also suggests freezing the mixture before serving for a better presentation. Lastly, the author recommends using cream cheese if your is at room temperature.
c00p
Gold Member
Have any of you done the Moroccan Chicken Pita Wedges from the new SB? I'm going to do it on this coming Friday, and after looking over the instructions, I'm wondering why can't you combine the chicken mixture with the vegetable mixture? Any insight on this recipe and tips would be EXTREMELY appreciated!!!

I combined it both to eat it and then let it sit overnight like that and ate it the next day with sea salt pita chips.

The separation I believe is for presentation and secondly, depending on your cucumbers and how much water content they will have, the mix will start to get watery after a few days...

So if I'm doing this at a show, I can simply combine everything in one bowl, right? And did you put them on the individual pita wedges, or let people put their own amount on it?

I mixed them separately then combined them before serving.

Instead of using bread/wedges, I had served a small scoop of each and let people use it as dip with the chips.

It would be a nice use of the small scoop for serving...

Thanks to Janet's advice, I mixed it all together. I couldn't find seedless cucumbers, so I used the Core and More and scopped out the seeds. It was not runny at all. I made the pita wedges and they worked fine. I scooped the chicken mixture with the small scoop. Everyone liked them.

I had thought about using the CM too for the cucumber. The seedless ones are quite pricey. Since I've never bought pita chips before, are they just in the potato chip aisle? I wonder if those would be better than the ones called for in the recipe?
If I made the ones in the recipe, don't you think I could make them a day ahead to save on time?

I followed the recipe and made pita chips out of pita rounds. I cut them with the pizza cutter into wedges, and then using the pizza cutter I cut them apart. I baked them on the sheet pan. They just fit. I found the pitas right by the deli meat, and I found some in the bread section by the buns.

I just sliced the 4 sides off of the cucumber to make it "seedless".

I found pita chips near the deli meat at Walmart.

Cool - thanks everyone for your help with this!!

Hope it goes well. It really is a simple recipe with basic ingredients. It only cost me about $6.50 in ingredients, too, with leftover pitas.

We did this recipe at our cluster meeting on Tuesday. We did not read the directions correctly and combined it all together. I thought it worked well. Has anyone made it the correct way? I wondered how it would stay together if you put everything on separately like it says.

Our director cooked the chicken before we got there and seasoned it before cooking. We added seasoning to the mix before she remembered to tell us she had preseasoned the chicken. It was good, but the seasoning was very strong.

We also made the torte that is in the catalog. It was yummy. However, if your cream cheese is at room temp. don't microwave it too long or the mixture will be too soft to stay together. We put ours in the freezer for awhile to help it to "set". I loved this recipe. I think it will be great for shows...actually both of these will be good for shows.

I didn't have a baguette for the Greek Torta tonight, so I made the pita chips from this Morroccan chicken recipe. Yum!

kspry said:
I didn't have a baguette for the Greek Torta tonight, so I made the pita chips from this Morroccan chicken recipe. Yum!
See, I was wondering about the baguette too. To me, it wouldn't be as lite as a cracker or chip.....so I'm glad to know that this works well too. Maybe I'll just make more of the pita chips.

1. How do I prepare Moroccan chicken using Pampered Chef products?

To prepare Moroccan chicken using Pampered Chef products, you will need the Pampered Chef Quick Cooker or the Pampered Chef Rockcrok Dutch Oven. You will also need a set of Pampered Chef knives for chopping and a Pampered Chef Mix N' Chop for shredding the chicken. Follow the recipe provided by Pampered Chef for the specific product you are using.

2. Can I use any type of chicken for the Moroccan chicken recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of chicken for the Moroccan chicken recipe. However, boneless, skinless chicken thighs are recommended for the best flavor and tenderness. You can also use boneless, skinless chicken breasts if preferred.

3. How long does it take to cook Moroccan chicken in the Pampered Chef Quick Cooker?

The cooking time for Moroccan chicken in the Pampered Chef Quick Cooker will vary depending on the size of the chicken pieces and the temperature setting used. However, on average, it takes about 15-20 minutes to cook the chicken in the Quick Cooker.

4. Can I make Moroccan chicken in advance and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make Moroccan chicken in advance and reheat it later. It is best to store the chicken and sauce separately in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to reheat, mix the chicken and sauce together and reheat in the Pampered Chef Rockcrok Dutch Oven or on the stove until hot.

5. Can I substitute any ingredients in the Moroccan chicken recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions in the Moroccan chicken recipe according to your personal preferences. For example, you can use different vegetables or spices, or use a different type of protein instead of chicken. However, keep in mind that the recipe may have been specifically developed for the Pampered Chef products and may not have the same results with different ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kate0831
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • lindseystar
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies