• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Spam Issues in I-Contact

In summary, somebody else is having issues with the spam report using I-Contact. It won't even send a test email to my email address stating that it's likely to be marked as spam. It says that it contains ING which is marked as spam. Does that make any sense to anyone else?
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Anybody else having issues with the spam report using I-Contact? It won't even send a test email to my email address stating that it's likely to be marked as spam. It says that it contains ING which is marked as spam. Does that make any sense to anyone else?

It makes no sense to me and I did a thorough search for "ING" and all I got was the -ing ending of lots of words! I don't know if it's a glitch on iContact's part. What I did was run the spam search, then clicked on the link that took me to other options, and I submitted the newsletter for a heightened review. It came back approved almost immediately, so I know there wasn't anything really wrong with it. If it happens again next month, I will try to see if I can contact someone there to see what I can do to avoid this. For now, I"m hoping it's just a fluke.

I got past it by taking the hyphen out of a-peel-ing. I am baffled as to why ING is considered Spam!!

happened to me yesterday, said 'biz' was preventing it from being approved. Had to let 'them' approve it before I could send it. Took an additional 30 minutes - big pain in the butt!

I'll take a look at this again. Thanks!

otisbg said:
I got past it by taking the hyphen out of a-peel-ing. I am baffled as to why ING is considered Spam!!

Yup, this was it!! As soon as I fixed it it went through just fine.

When I ran it, I got the .biz thing, which I know we can't help. I also got "part-time" as a flag, but we DO have a part-time business opportunity... and what does that have to do with spam anyway? And the a-peel-ing thing... I didn't realize that hyphenating -ing would trigger it as spam either - ugh! What an odd search engine they have....

PampChefJoy said:
When I ran it, I got the .biz thing, which I know we can't help. I also got "part-time" as a flag, but we DO have a part-time business opportunity... and what does that have to do with spam anyway? And the a-peel-ing thing... I didn't realize that hyphenating -ing would trigger it as spam either - ugh! What an odd search engine they have....

I had already changed Part-time to two words since I could find that one but couldn't figure out the ING one.

I took out the hyphen in part-time and made it "part time" and it still got flagged :(

PampChefJoy said:
I took out the hyphen in part-time and made it "part time" and it still got flagged :(

I think that's what I did and it was fine. I'll check and let you know.

1. How can I prevent my emails from being marked as spam in iContact?

To prevent your emails from being marked as spam in iContact, make sure you are sending relevant and valuable content to your subscribers. Avoid using spam trigger words in your subject line and email content, and regularly clean your email list to remove inactive or invalid email addresses.

2. Why are my emails getting blocked by iContact's spam filters?

There could be several reasons why your emails are getting blocked by iContact's spam filters. It could be due to using misleading subject lines, sending too many emails in a short period of time, or having a high number of spam complaints from your subscribers. Make sure to follow iContact's best practices for email marketing to avoid getting blocked.

3. Can I test my emails for spam before sending them through iContact?

Yes, iContact offers a spam checker tool that allows you to test your email content for any potential spam triggers. This will help you make necessary changes to your email before sending it to your subscribers.

4. I have followed all the best practices, but my emails are still getting marked as spam. What should I do?

If your emails are still getting marked as spam, it could be due to your subscribers' email service providers. Different providers have different spam filters, and sometimes they may mistakenly mark your emails as spam. Encourage your subscribers to add your email address to their contacts to prevent this from happening.

5. My emails are not getting delivered to some of my subscribers' inboxes. What could be the reason?

The most common reason for emails not getting delivered is having a high bounce rate. This could be due to invalid or inactive email addresses on your list. Regularly clean your email list and remove any addresses that have bounced multiple times to improve your email deliverability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • NooraK
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798