• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting: PP Won't Open? Here's How to Fix It!

In summary, Brooke's husband deleted files from her PP program, causing her to lose all her data. She is hoping someone here can help her recover the files.
bbauman07
Gold Member
I tried to open mt PP a few hours ago and it won't open. An error message pops up, it appears my hubby deleted it file by file :( I have a back up disk but I can't repair the software to a condition I can use it. I have sent an email to HO but am hoping that someone here can help I have been up all night trying to recover all the files :(

If you have Windows XP, you might be able to do a restore to previous date and time.

I have xp also, I tried that it won't let me restore :mad: I think I even pulled all the pieces out of the trash can, but it won't open just an error message.

OMG, I can't help, but just wanted to say how bad I feel for ya! Let us know if you're able to recover it...

Brooke, what I would suggest is (fingers crossed that you have a broadband connection) going to your CC and downloading the latest version of PP.THEN restore your database.It does a pretty good job of fixing itself.Once you get it running again, I also suggest that you kick someone in the slats.

I tried that also. I even tried reloading the whole program. I so bummed right now. I have a few orders to place, which I guess I can use my website for that. It just the point that my "brain" is not available. If I could get the program running I can reload all of my shows and contacts.

I have to be missing a file or so still in the garbage can (thank god it's Norton protected)

Did you do a complete un-install before running the new install? You might have to uninstall it and reboot before you can install. If that doesn't work, I would bet there is a file somewhere in the registry that is blocking all your efforts. I know it's still pretty early out there on the Left Coast but HO should be awake by now so give them a call.(Ain't Microsoft grand? I sooooo miss my Mac when crap like this happens.)

Last edited:
I will try that agian. At this point I'm willing to try everything again.

You probably posted this as I was editing a thought that crossed my little mind. Go back and re-read my last post.

Okay, I'm finally back up and running. Yuck that took hours.

GREAT!Ain't technology grand? :eyeroll:

Yes gotta love technology and people who play with areas on the computers that they shouldn't be. At least this time he didn't wipe out the entire operating system.

Uuuggh, It's gonna be a long day! Been up for over 24 hours already and I have to work tonight.

Did you get all your info back or just the program??

I had a back up disk to reload my info, THANK GOD! Because I lost every thing on my old software. I think what happened is that he changed the system administrator which "corrupted" my files. (you have to be system admistrator to use this software) I had to reload everything onto his side of the computer and then switch the system administrator again.

I solved that problem...

The Kat Lady has her own computer so she can run Broadway (The MK equivalent to Pampered Partner) and I have a laptop now.

But I also have a desktop at home ad I move my PP database back and forth. The versions of PP have to match for that to work, too.

BTW - change his password so he can't do that anymore. ;)

bbauman07 said:
I had a back up disk to reload my info, THANK GOD! Because I lost every thing on my old software. I think what happened is that he changed the system administrator which "corrupted" my files. (you have to be system admistrator to use this software) I had to reload everything onto his side of the computer and then switch the system administrator again.

Sounds like you need to use a sys admin password he does NOT know and take away his privledges to limit what he can do and prevent him from doing damage.

Yes I already did that this morning after I spent all night trying to repair the damage. He was not happy when I woke him up super early for work to figure out what he did.

One of my next business purchases is going to be a laptop. I already had that planned before this happened.

Yeah, like logging in at all.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Yeah, like logging in at all.

He is a gamer so he spends alot of time on the computer. Which brings me to why he was dumping things, to make more room for his game. I know he didn't do it on purpose and after last night I know it won't happen again.

Along with a few other things, I imagine. ;)Save your nickels for a laptop.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Along with a few other things, I imagine. ;)

I'm sure your right.

Well it is finally naptime, so looks like I may get 1 hour of sleep today!!!

I hope you're sleeping now after spending so long battling your computer!!

Nope I was working!! I got a half hour nap, went and worked a 6 hours shift, came home slept for 3 hours and then worked a 12 hours shift. By the time I go home on Saturday I was so tired I called my son to see how his game went and then fell asleep around 6pm. My hubby woke me up Sunday at noon!!

Sounds like you are well rested then!!

Yes it just took a few days to get there.

I'm getting my own computer this weekend!!! My sis just got a new one and is going to give her old one. This will keep my files very safe, I still want a laptop though, I love the ideas of taking the orders at the show and being done.

1. Why won't my Pampered Chef app open?

There could be a few reasons why your Pampered Chef app won't open. First, make sure your device has a stable internet connection. If that's not the issue, try closing the app completely and reopening it. If the problem persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

2. How do I troubleshoot the Pampered Chef app not opening?

If you're having trouble with the app not opening, try clearing the app's cache or data. You can also try restarting your device and making sure the app is up to date. If none of these solutions work, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

3. Is there a known issue with the Pampered Chef app not opening?

At this time, we are not aware of any widespread issues with the Pampered Chef app not opening. If you are experiencing this issue, please reach out to our customer service team for individualized support.

4. Can I access my Pampered Chef account without using the app?

Yes, you can access your Pampered Chef account through our website. Simply go to the login page and enter your email and password to access your account.

5. Will I lose my saved information if I reinstall the Pampered Chef app?

No, your saved information should not be affected if you reinstall the app. However, it's always a good idea to double check that your account is linked to your email so you can easily access your account and saved information on any device.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • mspibb
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • CAPCnewbie