• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting My New Sheet Pan: Flaking Silver".

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of flaking silver on a sheet pan, the possible causes of this issue, and how to prevent it. It is not recommended to continue using the sheet pan if the silver is flaking off, and the customer can contact the customer service team for assistance with a return or replacement. While the flaking silver may not affect the taste of food, it is still recommended to replace the sheet pan to prevent contamination.
tabnat80
Gold Member
I have the newer sheet pans. I have noticed that my medium one is flaking off the silver and you can see black underneath. I have only taken the medium one to shows. It has never been used in the oven. It mostly in one corner. Any idea why it would be flaking off? I have put in for a product adjustment. HO wants me to send it back. I don't have a problem sending it back, however, at their expense. I got it around the 1st of August and like I said, I've never baked on it. It's only been taken to my shows. I'm afraid to bake on it now that it's flaking.

Oh heck yeah, send that baby back! Are they sending you a label? I would think they'd say it's been too long, unfortunately.

Have you heard of anyone else having this problem?I have not personally heard of anyone else having this specific problem with the newer sheet pans. However, it is possible that there was a defect in the coating or the manufacturing process that caused the flaking. I would recommend sending it back to HO for a product adjustment and requesting that they cover the shipping costs. It is best to not use the pan if it is flaking, as the flakes could potentially get into your food.

1. Why is the silver on my sheet pan flaking off?

The silver coating on your sheet pan may be flaking off due to excessive exposure to high heat or abrasive cleaning methods. It is important to follow the care instructions provided with your sheet pan to prevent flaking.

2. Can I still use my sheet pan if the silver is flaking off?

It is not recommended to continue using your sheet pan if the silver coating is flaking off. This can affect the cooking performance and may contaminate your food.

3. How can I prevent the silver from flaking on my sheet pan?

To prevent the silver from flaking on your sheet pan, avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaning products. It is also important to not expose the sheet pan to high heat for extended periods of time.

4. Can I return my sheet pan if the silver is flaking off?

If you are experiencing issues with the silver coating on your sheet pan, please contact our customer service team for assistance. They will be able to guide you through our return or replacement process.

5. Will the flaking silver affect the taste of my food?

In most cases, the flaking silver will not affect the taste of your food. However, it is still recommended to stop using the sheet pan and replace it to prevent any potential contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • Patrick O'Sullivan