• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble with Damaged Cookware: How to Handle Borrowed Skillet Incident

In summary, Erin's 10" skillet was dropped and scratched, and then her neighbor borrowed it and it was not a good turn out for her show. HO replaced the skillet and did not want the damaged one back.
erin
Good morning! I have a "what would you do?" question:
I joined PC last month and hosted my kick off show, and ordered the 7 piece executive set of cookware on the September hostess special. Long story short, I allowed one of my hostesses (who is a friend and neighbor) borrow my 10" skillet to show to another mutual friend to get outside orders for her show. (not a good turn out for her show) The next afternoon she brought it back and said that the other guy had decided not to buy the set. Ok, fine, better luck next time.
I go to pick up the skillet to wash it and put it away, and cut my finger on the bottom of the pan!!! I turned it over and it had a big gash in the bottom of it and nicks all over the bottom and hunks of metal taken out of the rim! It had obviously been dropped on the pavement and bounced a few times.
I called her and asked her if it had been dropped and she said it had never even been out of her vehicle. I'm 99% positive one of her kids has done it, and she didn't know.
Bottom line................how would you go about getting it replaced?? Since it's in the set only, I don't feel right about asking her to buy the entire set to replace the one piece, but I have to do something. I cannot show a product damaged like that!!

Sorry this got so long!

I would call HO and get an adjustment, I don't see why they wouldn't replace it.

HO will replace it. It has a lifetime warranty. Put in a product adjustment online & send the damaged one back.

CALL HO and tell them what happened. They will likely replace the entire set since the 10" skillet is not available separately.

If you do an online adjustment it is harder to explain what happened.

Lesson learned: Don't loan out your cookware! - tell them you learned that too.;)

When my 4qt pan (from the 5 pc set) fell from my Pot Rack, it put a big dent in the rim. The lid no longer fit. I called HO, and they replaced the pan - not the whole set, just the pan.

They should just replace the individual piece without a problem.

Thanks for the response guys. I just know I want to be honest about the whole thing. My friend has offered to pay for whatever needs to be done, but I don't want to make it any harder on her than it has to be. And yes, I learned I will not let products out of my possession! I really questioned myself before I let go of it in the first place.

-E

erin said:
Thanks for the response guys. I just know I want to be honest about the whole thing. My friend has offered to pay for whatever needs to be done, but I don't want to make it any harder on her than it has to be. And yes, I learned I will not let products out of my possession! I really questioned myself before I let go of it in the first place.

-E

Erin, I was honest about how mine got damaged (it's the one that fell from my pot rack to the floor) and there was never a question about it from the rep I spoke with. She just told me to box up the old one and send it back, and that they were shipping out a new one asap. (This was in Jan when all of my shows were soup shows - I needed it for my next show!)

Thanks for all the imput! I got ahold of HO today (finally!) and told them exactly what happened. I've got a replacement on the way and they don't want the damaged one back!

-E

Related to Trouble with Damaged Cookware: How to Handle Borrowed Skillet Incident

1. What should I do if I accidentally damage my friend's Pampered Chef skillet while borrowing it?

If you damaged your friend's Pampered Chef skillet while borrowing it, the best course of action is to apologize and offer to replace or repair the skillet. You can also contact Pampered Chef customer service for advice on how to repair the damage or purchase a replacement.

2. Can I return a damaged Pampered Chef skillet for a refund or exchange?

Pampered Chef has a satisfaction guarantee and will replace or refund any damaged or defective product. However, if the skillet was borrowed and not originally purchased by you, it may be best to handle the situation directly with the owner of the skillet.

3. How can I prevent damage to my Pampered Chef skillet?

To prevent damage to your Pampered Chef skillet, always make sure to use the appropriate utensils when cooking. Avoid using metal utensils, as they can scratch and damage the non-stick surface. Also, be sure to follow the care instructions provided with your skillet.

4. Can I use my damaged Pampered Chef skillet?

If your Pampered Chef skillet is damaged, it is not recommended to continue using it. The damage may affect the performance and safety of the skillet. It is best to replace or repair the skillet before using it again.

5. How long will it take to replace or repair my damaged Pampered Chef skillet?

This will depend on the extent of the damage and the availability of replacement parts. You can contact Pampered Chef customer service for an estimated timeline for replacement or repair. In the meantime, you can also browse our selection of skillets to find a temporary replacement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
princessmeshelle
  • mrssyvo
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
RachelNguyen