• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trifle Recommendation for a Caribbean Theme Show

In summary, the tropical Dream Trifle from Women.Evenhealth.com is a delicious way to enjoy a rum-flavored cake. The recipe has layers of pound cake, banana-lime mixture, whipped topping, sour cream, and powdered sugar, and is topped with a layer of toasted coconut. The trifle can be served cold or at room temperature.
legacypc46
Gold Member
Does anyone have a recommendation for a trifle with tropical flavors?
(I'm not a fan of last years trifle with the sherbert in it.)

Thanks in advance!

How about something w/pineapple. You could use pineapple rings around the sides. Take one of the trifle recipes and change out flavors.

Seems like there was a Pina Colada Trifle too...but now I can't find it!

How about one based on the Island Breeze Rum Cake? Use the same ingredients, but make it as a trifle instead of as a torte.

chefann said:
How about one based on the Island Breeze Rum Cake? Use the same ingredients, but make it as a trifle instead of as a torte.

Maybe that's what I was thinking of.....

lime berry trifle-?

chefann said:
MMmmmmmmm....that would be yummy!

MORFIA said:
lime berry trifle-?
That's the one from last year Kris said she doesn't like.

chefann said:

ding ding ding -I like this idea. Thanks Ann. Here's how I'm thinking of doing the layers:

Pound cake - crushed or chopped pineapple in syrup - pudding/rum mix - toasted coconut - repeat - top with a ring of cool whip, sliced kiwis, and toasted coconut (or white chocolate shavings)

I think I need to test this though....not sure if the pineapple flavor would overwhlem.

I think the pineapple would be fine, since it's used in the cake layers of the original recipe, and will add moisture to the pound cake. YUM!!You could make the spiced rum syrup and drizzle it on the cake before you add the pineapple.

Mmmmmm, like the rum drizzle suggestion too.

Any excuse to add more rum, right?Don't forget to make the Mojitos from the current SBRC to serve with the trifle.

still vacation lagged---LOL

Now I think I'd like to make the Island Rim Cake as a trifle.....that sounds soooo good!

Did you not like the lime sherbert in the Lime Berry Mousse Triffle or the triffle itself? I subsituted raspberry sherbert instead which made it seem less tart.

I just couldn't get past dealing with the sherbert. (We all have our hang-ups!)

legacypc46 said:
I just couldn't get past dealing with the sherbert. (We all have our hang-ups!)

I didn't like the sherbet either....I kept trying to figure out how to do it without it!

What about adding yogurt mixed with cool whip?

Oh, that's an idea....especially since they have such great flavored ones now.

legacypc46 said:
Oh, that's an idea....especially since they have such great flavored ones now.
Just have to think outside of the box, or in this case, outside of the sherbert! I don't really remember if the rest of the recipe had cool whip but if not, then it would be a great addition. You could do either raspberry or lime depending on the flavor you want.

Or the Chocolate Raspberry Trifle from last winter had a good "filling" recipe. You could modify it as needed. I think it was cool whip and white chocolate pudding mix (possibly something else). You could use a different flavor of pudding mix.

I've seen Key Lime flavored instant pudding mix at the store, and used that the once I made the lime trifle. It was good.

You can also buy key lime pie filling in a can...use that in place of the sherbet...I didn't like that part of the recipe, either!!

http://women.evenhealth.com

This one is awesome. I've made it several times and it always gets great reviews. It's from that razzledazzle website and it says something about being a PC recipe (I think). Enjoy!

Tropical Dream Trifle

1 frozen prepared pound cake (10.75 ounces)
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 lime
1 large banana, chopped
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced

Cut pound cake into 3/4-inch cubes; place in large bowl. Add pineapple; toss gently and set aside.

Zest lime to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice lime to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Chop banana. In a bowl, combine banana, lime juice and lime zest; mix well.

Add whipped topping, sour cream and powdered sugar to banana mixture; mix well.

To assemble trifle, place one-third of the cake cubes into bottom of a trifle bowl. Top with one-third of filling mixture, spreading evenly. Repeat layers two more times. Sprinkle coconut over top of trifle. Pipe rosettes of reserved whipped topping around edge of bowl. Slice kiwi. Cut slices in half and place between rosettes. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.

Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Carbohydrates 38 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fibre less than 1 g

1. What ingredients should I use to make a Caribbean-themed trifle?

For a delicious Caribbean-inspired trifle, we recommend using tropical fruits such as mangoes, pineapples, and bananas, along with coconut flakes, rum-soaked cake or ladyfingers, and a creamy coconut milk custard. You can also add a touch of lime juice for a refreshing citrus flavor.

2. Can I use a store-bought cake for the trifle?

While you can certainly use a store-bought cake for convenience, we highly recommend making your own rum-soaked cake or ladyfingers for an authentic Caribbean flavor. You can also use pound cake or angel food cake as a substitute.

3. Can I make the trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the trifle ahead of time, but we suggest assembling it no more than a day in advance. This will ensure the cake stays moist and the flavors have time to meld together. Keep the trifle refrigerated until ready to serve.

4. Are there any substitutions for coconut milk?

If you or your guests have a dairy allergy or preference, you can substitute coconut milk with almond milk or soy milk. However, the trifle may have a slightly different taste and texture compared to using traditional coconut milk.

5. Can I add any additional toppings or garnishes to the trifle?

Absolutely! You can top the trifle with extra tropical fruits, such as kiwi or papaya, for a pop of color and flavor. You can also sprinkle chopped nuts or shredded coconut on top for added texture. Don't be afraid to get creative and add your own personal touch to the trifle!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • TrishPCMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Linda
Replies