• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trifle Recipe That Uses a Lot of Tools

In summary, Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad recipe uses a lot of the tools that come with the big kit, and the trifle bowl can be borrowed from a recruiter.
Tig
Hi guys,

Im wondering if anyone has a yummy trifle recipe that I can do for my Grand Opening? One that will promote using a few tools that come with the big kit?
I dont have the trifle bowl, but my recruiter offered me to borrow hers for the show, along with anything else that I may not have as long as shes not doing a show that night/using those items.

I downloaded one of the guides on different recipes for them, but Im not sure if anyone has any that they like that uses a lot of the tools??

TIA!

Seven-Layer Southwestern SaladSeven-Layer Southwestern Salad

1 ½ cups sour cream (measure all cup)
¾ cup thick and chunky salsa (easy adjustable measuring cup)
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed (can strainer or colander)
1 can (15 ounces) corn (can strainer)
1 large green bell pepper, diced (knives, cutting boards, food chopper)
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced or cherry tomatoes cut in 1/2
½ cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
1 package (16 ounces) iceberg lettuce salad mix (10 cups) (salad spinner)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese (cheese grater)
2 grilled chicken breasts (optional-could also use ground beef) (cookware, mc, knives, boards, seasonings)
Tortilla chips (optional)

In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and set aside

Drain and rinse beans and corn using large Colander. Using Chef’s Knife dice tomatoes; thinly slice green onions. Using food chopper, chop bell pepper. Layer ½ lettuce, ½ beans, ½ corn, ½ bell pepper, ½ the chicken, ½ tomatoes (against side of glass) and ½ green onions, ½ sour cream mixture in Trifle Bowl. Repeat layers.

Grate cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with chips if desired.

8 servings

I did the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle last summer and it used alot of tools including the mandoline.

Do you have the lime berry mouse recipe?

Thanks everyone! Im going to try both of those this week, and see which one that is "sara-friendly" lol... I think my dh is going to love this week :)

The strawberry trifle that is in the current catalog uses a lot of them.

Small saute or small bar pan - to roast the almonds
food chopper - to chop the almonds
colander and bowl set or salad and berry spinner - to wash strawberries
core & more and forged paring knife - hull and cut strawberries
batter bowl - to mix the frozen & fresh strawberries
cutting board and bread knife - cut the pound cake
stainless steel bowl - yogurt mixture
citrus press (or juicer) and easy read measuring cup - to juice and measure the lemon
adjustable measure cup - to measure the 1 cup cool whip to add to the yogurt mixture
trifle bowl
easy accent decorator and medium scoop - for cool whip garnish on top
egg slicer plus - strawberry garnish
other tools: whisk, your choice of scrapers/bamboo spoons, spreader, bamboo tongs (to put pound cake in bowl), flour sugar shaker, etc.

I also sprinkled some of our Cinnamon Sprinkle on top!

The strawberry one is really good, too.:)

DeeDee616 said:
Do you have the lime berry mouse recipe?
It's on Consultant's Corner with the Taste of the Tropics recipes.

I did the strawberry cream trifle last night- and I added a little twist. Instead of powdered sugar and almonds on top, I used the cheese grater to flake some chocolate on top of the whipped topping, then the strawberry fan on top of it all. (I wanted to show that cheese grater, and it turned out "grate"!) OK, sorry, I know that was "cheesy"....LOL

cookin to the top said:
I did the strawberry cream trifle last night- and I added a little twist. Instead of powdered sugar and almonds on top, I used the cheese grater to flake some chocolate on top of the whipped topping, then the strawberry fan on top of it all. (I wanted to show that cheese grater, and it turned out "grate"!) OK, sorry, I know that was "cheesy"....LOL
That's a good addition to the recipe. I will do that at my next show too but I think I'll use the Microplane. I love :love: that tool!

Related to Trifle Recipe That Uses a Lot of Tools

1. What tools do I need to make a trifle?

To make a trifle recipe that uses a lot of tools, you will need a trifle bowl, measuring cups and spoons, a whisk, a rubber spatula, and a sharp knife. You may also need a mixer if the recipe calls for whipped cream.

2. Can I substitute any of the tools for something else?

While it is recommended to use the specific tools listed in the recipe, you can substitute a rubber spatula for a wooden spoon or a whisk for an electric mixer. However, the result may not be the same as using the recommended tools.

3. Do I need to use all of the tools listed in the recipe?

Yes, each tool serves a specific purpose in the trifle recipe and using them all will ensure the best results. However, if you do not have a specific tool, you can try to substitute with a similar tool or use your hands.

4. Can I make a trifle without a trifle bowl?

The trifle bowl is the traditional vessel for making a trifle, but you can use any large glass bowl or even a cake pan to assemble the layers. Just be sure to choose a deep enough dish to hold all of the ingredients.

5. How do I clean and store all of these tools after making the trifle?

To clean the tools, wash them with warm soapy water and dry them thoroughly before storing them in a dry place. The trifle bowl, in particular, should be handled with care and stored in a safe place to avoid breaking. It is also recommended to handwash the bowl instead of putting it in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • otisbg