• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transform Leftover Chocolate Bars into Delicious Shavings!

In summary, to turn leftover chocolate bars into shavings, use a vegetable peeler or grater. Any type of chocolate can be used, but darker chocolate works best. Chocolate chips can also be used, but may not hold their shape well. Store shavings in an airtight container at room temperature or freeze for longer storage. Shavings can be used as toppings for desserts, mixed into hot drinks, or for decorating baked goods.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Finding yourself with lots and lots of leftover chocolate bars?

Here's a tip ... take your microplane grater and grind them up. Presto! Chocolate shavings that you can sprinkle over your cakes, cupcakes and holiday goodies this season!

(Would post on facebook if I could find a nice thumbnail of a microplane grater to go with!)

How's this?

1105_product.jpg

P.S. Don't let the lack of a picture keep you from posting the tip. Just make it a status update.

Wow, that's a great idea! I never thought of using a microplane grater on chocolate bars. I always end up with so much leftover chocolate after the holidays, and this is the perfect solution. Thanks for sharing! I'll definitely be trying this out next time I have some extra chocolate lying around. And if you do find a nice thumbnail, please share it with us. I'm sure it will make for a great visual for this tip. Happy baking!

Related to Transform Leftover Chocolate Bars into Delicious Shavings!

1. How do I turn leftover chocolate bars into shavings?

To turn leftover chocolate bars into shavings, simply use a vegetable peeler or grater to shave the chocolate into thin pieces.

2. What kind of chocolate works best for this?

Any type of chocolate can be used for making shavings, but darker chocolate tends to work better as it is easier to shave and has a more intense flavor.

3. Can I use chocolate chips instead of chocolate bars?

Yes, chocolate chips can also be used to make shavings. However, they may not hold their shape as well as chocolate bars, so it may be more difficult to get consistent shavings.

4. How should I store the chocolate shavings?

Chocolate shavings can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. For longer storage, you can freeze them in a zip-top bag for up to 3 months.

5. What can I use chocolate shavings for?

Chocolate shavings can be used as a topping for desserts such as ice cream, cakes, and cupcakes. You can also mix them into hot chocolate or coffee for added flavor, or use them to decorate cookies and other baked goods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pampchefsarah