• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Totally O/T - Anyone Here With Diabetes?

In summary, the doctor said that the blood sugar level is normal for this time of the morning, but he didn't know about your history and if it has changed recently. He said that you should get the Hem (sp) A1C test done to see if it has been going up lately.
britishchef
I went to the Dr. this morning for something unrelated. My blood sugar was 130 - which is FAR higher than I've ever had before. It's consistently been about 65-70 fasting and I've had several tests done in my life.

Bear in mind I was fasting. But the GP said it wasn't high for this time of the morning (8:30am) however surely most people have eaten by then which would cause it to spike?

He didn't seem concerned but he doesn't fully know my history since I've been in the States and that number just sounds so HIGH for me. Anyone got any more info about levels?

Don't worry about that. It may be a little high for you but stress will also raise you levels also. So if you were nervous that might have raised it a little. The real test is the one called Hem. (sp) A1C That gives you your 3 month levels and if that has changed then you might want to look at your diet and make sure you haven't changed anything and if you did, go back to what you were doing before. I have been a diabetic since 1994 and when I wanted to get pregnant I need to change a few things (go on insulin was the biggest thing) and everything was just fine.

Don't worry about it unless you notice some other things are changing in your health. Remember the stress will change your blood sugar levels.

It is normal to have blood sugar levels at that level. It is normal for most people in the world.

~

Everything I find online says 70-100 is normal for fasting glucose. I'm stressed but no more so than any other time in the past 2 years. ;) I have such a strong family history of Diabetes and I am insulin resistant which is the pre-cursor to diabetes, so I want to be sure to catch it early if and when I do get it.

Get the test done Hem(sp) A1C done and check that. That is the best to keep track of your blood sugar levels in your body. This will tell you if it was a one time thing or if your blood sugar has been running a little higher than normal.

Do you have Glucose monitor or maybe a friend that could help you - just remember to change lancets each and every time and clean the lancet thingy before each us. Take you blood sugar right before a meal or take it two hours after a meal. My doctor told me that blood sugar levels should be between 70 and 120. She is one of the top doctor in her field. If when you take your levels they are much higher than that, tell your doctor and get that A1C test right away. That test is one you need to start off with.

When I had Lucy, she had to be tested every hour along with me to make sure her levels was running correctly for her levels when I was prgnant and then every two weeks with the A1C because she was also receiving insulin when I was pregnant and now that she was born they had to watch that she wasn't suffering reaction going off the insulin. They even checked her A1C because she was receiving insulin and her levels were changing for the last 7 months before she was born.

~

Also even more important in the above testing...she mentioned changing lancets, but checking your strip expiration date and calibrating the meter is even more important. Expired strips will read high.

The longer tests have a truer reading. If you are nervous get one done. If not, just watch for the "warning signs" of diabetes - extreme thirst, etc.

I'm not normally a diabetic, just gestional. Once diagnosed, the BEST advice I was given was to chart everything I ate and at what time, test frequently and compare the two. This allowed me to find my trigger foods, which for me was carbohydrates rather than pure sugar (soda, candy) and eliminate those. If you are "borderline" diabetic, you can start watching those now so you aren't dumping those into your body, throwing it into the sugar swings which will increase your chance of becoming diabetic.

I hope that helps...there is a lot of information out there so be sure to ask the professionals.

You can also check out www.diabetes.org for more information from the American Diabetic Assoication.

Related to Totally O/T - Anyone Here With Diabetes?

1. Can I still use Pampered Chef products if I have diabetes?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a wide range of products that can be used by individuals with diabetes. Our products are designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier, and many of them can be used to create healthy and diabetic-friendly meals.

2. Are there any specific Pampered Chef products that are recommended for people with diabetes?

We do not have any specific products that are marketed towards individuals with diabetes. However, we do offer a variety of products that can be useful for those with dietary restrictions, such as our spiralizer for creating veggie noodles or our air fryer for healthier cooking options.

3. Do you offer any recipes that are suitable for people with diabetes?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes available on our website that are suitable for individuals with diabetes. These recipes have been reviewed by registered dietitians and are designed to be balanced and nutritious for those with diabetes.

4. Do your products contain any added sugars or artificial sweeteners?

No, our products do not contain any added sugars or artificial sweeteners. We strive to use natural and wholesome ingredients in our products to promote healthy eating habits.

5. Are your products suitable for individuals with other dietary restrictions?

Yes, we offer a variety of products that can be used by individuals with various dietary restrictions. Our products are designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier for everyone, regardless of their dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rennea
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • General Chat
Replies