• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Throwing My Own Bridal Shower: Yay or Nay?

In summary, it is technically acceptable for someone to throw their own bridal shower, but it is more traditionally seen as appropriate for a family member or close friend to host the event. The advantage of throwing your own shower is that you have full control over the planning, but it may be perceived as self-centered or costly. It is important to follow etiquette guidelines, such as sending out invitations and including registry information. You can also ask for help from loved ones, but make sure to communicate clearly and respectfully.
NinaPChef
I'm getting married soon, Is it against policy to hold a Bridal Shower for yourself?
My family thinks that would be a good idea since I'm very picky about the products I use in the kitchen.:blushing:

Let me know!

Thanks!

hmmm - don't know that answer but Ann or Janet will - Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Thanks a lot!!
I'm really excited, my fiance LOVES PC as well.. his FAVORITE is the Grilling Tongs... he uses it at least every other day =)

Sure you can - just make sure you click on the little "consultant as host" on the host info screen.
This could be good - especially if your family thinks you should do it! My brides usually get at least $140 in free product!:thumbup: (and you'd get the commission too! double:thumbup::thumbup:)

That is amazing!! Thank you so much!!

Nina,
Every time I see your signature, I think of Project Runway. One of the judges is the Editor at Large of Elle Magazine, and her name is Nina Garcia. :)

chefann said:
Nina,
Every time I see your signature, I think of Project Runway. One of the judges is the Editor at Large of Elle Magazine, and her name is Nina Garcia. :)

Ann... just an fyi - Nina is now an editor at Marie Claire, they introduced her in the last issue :) (finally a topic I am up-to-date on :blushing:)

Well, on PR, they're still introducing her as EAL at Elle. :) Of course, the episodes they're showing were taped several months ago.

LOL -- I know, i always joke that I'm a famous magazine editor =)

Related to Throwing My Own Bridal Shower: Yay or Nay?

1. Can I throw my own bridal shower?

Technically, there is no rule saying you can't throw your own bridal shower. However, traditionally it is seen as more appropriate for someone else, such as a family member or close friend, to host the shower.

2. What are the advantages of throwing my own bridal shower?

The main advantage of throwing your own bridal shower is that you have complete control over the planning and execution of the event. You can choose the date, theme, guest list, and all the details without having to consult with anyone else.

3. What are the disadvantages of throwing my own bridal shower?

One disadvantage is that it may be seen as self-centered or attention-seeking. It may also be more costly, as you will be responsible for all the expenses. Additionally, it may add stress to an already busy time in your life.

4. Are there any etiquette guidelines I should follow if I decide to throw my own bridal shower?

Yes, even if you are hosting your own shower, it is important to follow some etiquette guidelines. For example, it is still customary to send out invitations at least 4-6 weeks in advance, and to include information about where the couple is registered.

5. Can I ask for help from my bridesmaids or family members if I decide to throw my own bridal shower?

Yes, you can absolutely ask for help from your loved ones. While you may be the main host, it is common for others to offer their assistance with planning, organizing, and even covering some of the expenses. Just be sure to communicate clearly and respectfully with anyone who offers to help.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Meigs
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • BeckyC5830