• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thoughts on This? Not Sure What to Think...

In summary, a HO lead was confirmed last night and a conversation ensued in which the lead's consultant was already contacted and the order was taken care of.
finley1991
I got an HO lead last night. I confirmed it AS SOON AS I GOT THE E-MAIL. When I originally looked at it, I didn't see her phone number.

I just remember that I needed to e-mail her and went to go get the e-mail and saw that her phone number was indeed there. So I call and this is the conversation:

ME: This is Colleen calling and I called to see what I could do to help you out.

HOL: I was already called and it's taken care of.

ME: Can I ask who called you?

HOL: Yes... xxx xxx... and I ordered my set of cookware through her.

ME: (choking) Great... glad she was able to help you out...

WTF? Should I call HO and find out why someone else called this lead? I guess I should have probed for more info... like if this consultant is already her consultant or if she got her from HO.

I don't get it? I confirmed the lead immediately so it shouldn't have been reassigned...

Thoughts?

That's weird. I would definitely call and follow up with HO.

DebbieJ said:
That's weird. I would definitely call and follow up with HO.

Any suggestions on WHO to call?

Just called the regular solution center line... the lady was SUPER nice when I talked to her and felt bad for me. We're not sure what happened but the good news of it (hee hee hee) is that she told me that I'm the only director in the area eligible for HO leads right now! WOOT for me! :party: (This particular lead is over 25 miles from me).But bums me out that so many others here aren't working their biz's enough to get the leads!!!! :( (Okay... only sad for like a second on that!) :D

weird... but you should be proud that you are working your biz enough to get those leads!

That is really weird!! I'd be mad, too!!

I REALLY don't like the way that we can't update a lead to say it was a bad lead, for whatever reason. I understand that people lose interest and never end up ordering, getting back to us, etc. But when someone does what just happened to you, Colleen, or the other bogus leads that have happened because a dimwit consultant was just "testing out the lead system" or whatever, it totally STINKS that we used up a spot in the rotation for this. I had one the other day who was already a guest/outside order at someone else's show and she was contact the HO (therefore becoming a lead for me) to find out her ORDER TOTAL!! Because the host never told her!! And she probably had no way to get in touch with the consultant either to ask her. So, there goes a lead! I emailed HO, got a nice email back from Richard about how there is now no way to give feedback/an update if a lead is a "no lead." But I expressed to him that this is quite unfair and hopefully they'll revisit this in the future.

I'm not as bummed about leads that fizzle out and never follow through (although those suck too), but the ones that can in no way turn into leads for us really should be looked at. We all work really hard to maintain eligibility for leads, especially now that the new system requires that a recruit must be in there also to keep eligible. AND add to that the fact that even more people are now eligible for leads (Team Leaders) so it really changes the whole dynamic of it.

Ok, my vent is over. :mad:I feel for you Colleen, so I really hope there's a way they will improve this system in the future!!

I do wish they would add the option for something like *Needing to return/exchange/etc something* and/or *replacement parts*. That would be helpful info to have in mind when we make the calls and if they check the first option (return), they could directed directly to HO and not to us, because we just refer them to HO anyway (at least I do!)

finley1991 said:
I do wish they would add the option for something like *Needing to return/exchange/etc something* and/or *replacement parts*. That would be helpful info to have in mind when we make the calls and if they check the first option (return), they could directed directly to HO and not to us, because we just refer them to HO anyway (at least I do!)

I love this idea. I was getting leads from over 100 miles away, I've done few shows out if it,but others just wanted to get parts or even find another person. :yuck: I'll send a catalog and info because they ask for it but then they never return my calls.

I'm getting more online orders but not leads. I'll keep my fingers cross this month for a few.

finley1991 said:

I really like that idea too! But unfortunately, with this new system we can also "decline" a lead. And I fear that if Consultants saw that the lead was just for a return/replacement part that those customers would get bounced so many times that it would bog down the system AND tick the customers off.

amy07 said:
I really like that idea too! But unfortunately, with this new system we can also "decline" a lead. And I fear that if Consultants saw that the lead was just for a return/replacement part that those customers would get bounced so many times that it would bog down the system AND tick the customers off.

Hmmm, that's a good point. Can you see what the customer is interested in before you decline or accept? I can't remember.

Why would anyone want to decline a lead?

So far I've only had one lead with the new system and I can't remember if it told me what the interest was prior to accepting.

And I have no idea why someone would want to decline leads either. I thought it was strange to have the option.

I'm pretty sure you don't any info until you accept it. Not sure if once you accept it you can decline either.

amy07 said:
And I fear that if Consultants saw that the lead was just for a return/replacement part that those customers would get bounced so many times that it would bog down the system AND tick the customers off.

I meant that if a customer chose this option, they would be directed straight to HO and not a consultant since we need to refer them to HO if they need a return anyway... would kind of save time having to talk to us just for us to tell them to call HO (which is what I do in this case...)

If it's a replacement part, I handle it.

Wow, Colleen, I would have been "ticked" with that situation too.

I remember when we switched to a new system of HO leads and it did not give enough information to follow up.

Of the 5 leads I have had in the past month, not one has actually completely panned out. Some I have e-mailed because no phone or address was given. Some I have sent information to, called with no one answering and no call from them. Just not understanding all of this.

finley1991 said:
I meant that if a customer chose this option, they would be directed straight to HO and not a consultant since we need to refer them to HO if they need a return anyway... would kind of save time having to talk to us just for us to tell them to call HO (which is what I do in this case...)

If it's a replacement part, I handle it.

This is a GREAT idea Colleen!

So, is it true that HO isn't asking us for feedback on our leads anymore? I haven't had a request for feedback since we went to the new system and I've had a couple of real duds! One was a consultant curious about what would happen when he filled out the info and if his name would come up as the lead (he blamed it on his curious wife :rolleyes: ) The one I just got said she was confused on the info screen and that she already has a consultant that she and her family and friends have used for years and was trying to find her info (the info screen looks pretty self-explanatory to me). The others have been the standard leads who never return your call or email. I really wish that the phone number was a required field - that would probably help to weed-out alot of the non-leads.

Okay, rant over. Back to work.

pamperedlinda said:
So, is it true that HO isn't asking us for feedback on our leads anymore?

No... no more options for feedback on the leads. :(

pamperedlinda said:
So, is it true that HO isn't asking us for feedback on our leads anymore? I haven't had a request for feedback since we went to the new system and I've had a couple of real duds! One was a consultant curious about what would happen when he filled out the info and if his name would come up as the lead (he blamed it on his curious wife :rolleyes: ) The one I just got said she was confused on the info screen and that she already has a consultant that she and her family and friends have used for years and was trying to find her info (the info screen looks pretty self-explanatory to me). The others have been the standard leads who never return your call or email. I really wish that the phone number was a required field - that would probably help to weed-out alot of the non-leads.

Okay, rant over. Back to work.

Aaaahahhh,, this is becoming a HUGE pet peeve that we can't give feedback on total duds like this. The majority of the leads I've gotten in the new system have been like this and I hate it!! I emailed the solution center about it and heard back from Richard Laiche. I then expressed how lame this is because it takes up one of our lead spots when we work so hard to maintain eligibility to receive these leads. I had a good rant about this too!!:mad:

pamperedbecky said:
Aaaahahhh,, this is becoming a HUGE pet peeve that we can't give feedback on total duds like this. The majority of the leads I've gotten in the new system have been like this and I hate it!! I emailed the solution center about it and heard back from Richard Laiche. I then expressed how lame this is because it takes up one of our lead spots when we work so hard to maintain eligibility to receive these leads. I had a good rant about this too!!:mad:

I've had 4 and have only talked to ONE b/c she left her phone number. The others have not so all I can do is email them and wait. :mad:

pampmomof3 said:
I've had 4 and have only talked to ONE b/c she left her phone number. The others have not so all I can do is email them and wait. :mad:

That really sucks! I hear ya! Maybe if enough of us express dissatisfaction over this (especially when it's fellow consultants messing around with the system-that is SO unfair!), maybe they'll eventually change something about that.:confused:

Of my two leads on the new system, one left a phone # but hasn't returned any of my messages. The 2nd left an email only, but just gave me her phone today. She wants a show in Sept, but I'll be giving birth, so I'm passing it along to a team member.I really don't like that we can't give feedback anymore. On the old system, I automatically flagged any lead without a phone # as "no lead." It's totally useless without a phone number!!!!!

I sent an email with my concerns this morning - this is the reply:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. We no longer require feedback in the leads system, it's strictly confirm or deny at this time.

I guess when it comes right down to it, there is really nothing that HO can do about leads that turn out to be duds. We can just hope for a good one to drown out all the bad ones. At least most of my leads are sales :D

Here is a great one...

Lucy Lead puts in an HO lead. All I have is her name, the town she lives in and her e-mail address. She wants me to send her a catalog!!!

So I e-mailed her. How much you want to bet I end up in her SPAM file and never hear from her again?

Change is great if it works and is an improvement on the past. Just don't see it this time.

Ann, I got a lead like that too. No address of phone but wanted a catalog. Ok so how shall I get that catalog out to you?? I sent 2 emails and still nothing back. Guess she really didn't want a catalog.

I don't mail anything until I've talked to someone, so I always try to email and get a phone # first. Why waste my catalog and my $1.50 to mail if I'm not going to be able to follow up with them anyway? They can see the catalog online.

I agree. I don't send a catalog without personal contact.

I never used to send catalogs to HO leads that didn't include phone #, but I started about a month ago. I mailed her a catalog and a week later she placed an order. I think some people are really protective of their phone #. She never would give it to me, but I had it on my caller ID. She went to my website to place her order and did it so that I couldn't contact her.

I am sure this is the exception to the rule, but you never know where that catalog will end up. I have had people call me from 2+ hours away that were in my area and picked up a catalog somewhere and placed an order.

Michelle

Related to Thoughts on This? Not Sure What to Think...

1. What exactly is "Thoughts on This? Not Sure What to Think..."?

"Thoughts on This? Not Sure What to Think..." is a product line from Pampered Chef that offers a variety of kitchen tools and cookware designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more efficient.

2. How is this product line different from other Pampered Chef products?

This product line focuses specifically on tools and cookware that help with meal planning and preparation, while other Pampered Chef products may have a wider range of uses in the kitchen. "Thoughts on This? Not Sure What to Think..." products are designed to be versatile, durable, and time-saving.

3. Are these products safe to use in the kitchen?

Yes, all "Thoughts on This? Not Sure What to Think..." products are made with high-quality materials and undergo rigorous safety testing to ensure they are safe for use in the kitchen. They are also backed by Pampered Chef's satisfaction guarantee.

4. Can I purchase these products online or do I need to attend a Pampered Chef party?

You can purchase "Thoughts on This? Not Sure What to Think..." products both online and through Pampered Chef parties. However, attending a party is a great way to learn more about the products and see them in action before making a purchase.

5. Can I return or exchange a "Thoughts on This? Not Sure What to Think..." product?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products, including those in the "Thoughts on This? Not Sure What to Think..." line, are backed by a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return or exchange it within 30 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
annew
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies