• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thick Slices for Burgers: Using the Ultimate Slice & Grate

in summary, the USG is thicker slices than the Ultimate Mandolin and most people seem to be happy with it once they get the hang of it. She might give her USG to her mom, but is undecided on whether or not to keep the mandolin in her demo crate.
Aun
Gold Member
With everyone on here talking about the new mandolins, I remembered I have a "retro" question about using the (now discontinued) ultimate slice and grate (sigh, I just bought mine last fall and have only used it a couple of times since and now they have something "new and improved")

Anyway, I used my USG to slice tomatoes and onions (for burgers). I tried both the v-shaped blade and the adjustable straight blade (on the thickest setting), but with either setting the slices are a little thinner than I would like them. When you slice a tomato or onion for a hamburger, you don't really need to be able to see through the slices...

Am I doing something wrong? Or does everybody else just get by with the super thin slices? :confused:

THANKS!

I found that the Ultimate Mandolin has thicker slices. I found my tomatoes came out too thin on the USG but w/ the v blade on the mandolin they are thicker.

So yes I agree, the USG does do thin slices.

It makes me feel better to know it wasn't just me doing something wrong! THANKS!!

I'd love to have the new mandolin, but it's going to be hard to justify getting it when I have a nearly brand new USG sitting in the cabinet.....

I wonder if anyone in my family would like an "almost good as new" USG for Christmas??? ;)

But then again, after reading through the posts about using the mandolin, it sounds like it might be a good idea to wait a little bit until everybody gets the bugs worked out on using it.

I'm hosting my own show in Sept. to get myself the tools I really want but cant afford. Like the Santoku (unless I get $ for my birthday lol) .

I might give my USG to my mom but then again I do use it alot and I can keep the mandolin in my demo crate.

Aun said:
It makes me feel better to know it wasn't just me doing something wrong! THANKS!!

I'd love to have the new mandolin, but it's going to be hard to justify getting it when I have a nearly brand new USG sitting in the cabinet.....

I wonder if anyone in my family would like an "almost good as new" USG for Christmas??? ;)

But then again, after reading through the posts about using the mandolin, it sounds like it might be a good idea to wait a little bit until everybody gets the bugs worked out on using it.
From my understanding the new Mandoline is much safer to use. I bought the USG on my last Aug. show as, well just because. Now I'm thinking of waiting until I can either earn the Mandoline free or half-priced on a show. From what I've gathered most are much happier with the new Mandoline once they've practiced with it :)
I thought about giving the USG as a gift, but really don't want to as it's not as safe as the new one :)

Liz

1. How do I use the Ultimate Slice & Grate for thick burger slices?

The Ultimate Slice & Grate is designed specifically for slicing thick slices of food, including burgers. To use, simply place your burger on the cutting surface and push down on the handle to slice through the patty. The adjustable thickness settings allow you to customize the thickness of your slices.

2. Can I use the Ultimate Slice & Grate for frozen burger patties?

Yes, the Ultimate Slice & Grate is designed to slice through frozen foods with ease. However, we recommend thawing the burger patties slightly before slicing for the best results.

3. How thick can I slice my burgers with the Ultimate Slice & Grate?

The Ultimate Slice & Grate has adjustable thickness settings that allow you to slice your burgers up to 1 inch thick. This makes it perfect for creating thick, juicy burger patties for your grilling or cooking needs.

4. Is the Ultimate Slice & Grate dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Ultimate Slice & Grate is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing the blades for longer lasting sharpness.

5. Can I use the Ultimate Slice & Grate for slicing other foods besides burgers?

Yes, the Ultimate Slice & Grate is versatile and can be used for slicing other foods such as vegetables, fruits, and even hard cheeses. It's a great tool to have in the kitchen for various slicing needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• koima
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Olivecook
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jross93