• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Teacher Gift Ideas: Kitchen Shears and More | New Consultant Tips

I think you should donate some products in their names for a silent auction. I also did the mini wisks filled with kisses and the Trivet.
brandalyn74
Hey everyone...

I need some suggestions for teacher's gifts for my kids? I am thinking of giving the Kitchen Shears with a cute note saying something like, " You're a cut above the rest!" I'd like to send a mini catalog and business card inserted into the gift somehow.

Is that too tacky? I'm a new consultant living in a new and very temporary area (thanks to Hurricane Katrina!). So, I haven't utilized my kids' school yet.

I want to garner some interest without going overboard.
Any help/gift suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am getting the trivet for my kids teachers. It's pretty and different and $2 goes to a good cause

I think you should send the mini catalog and your card. She'll love the shears and if she doesn't have any PC products maybe she'll want to see what else is offered. If she has PC products she'll already know how great they are and want to host a show. Even if she doesn't want the catalog maybe she'll leave it in the teachers lounge and you'll get some calls that way.

pchefjennoy said:
I am getting the trivet for my kids teachers. It's pretty and different and $2 goes to a good cause
That's a great idea! Anyone can use an extra trivet I think. Especially a pretty one!:)

Last year I gave my daugther's teacher a batter bowl gift with cookie mix and she loved it. This year I am doing that SA bowl with napkin holder and putting either cookies or a Gourmet candied apple in it!

I didn't even think about giving the trivet! And it is for a good cause.

Thanks for the suggestions!

my pre schooler has 6 teachers so they will be getting a prep bowl each filled with hot chocolate w/ a mini bamboo spoon dipped in choc. , rolled in peppermint candies tied to it.(sold tons of these sets for the same use-ends up being $5 per gift)
my 3rd grader's teacher will be getting a apple wedger and a nice red apple tied up w/ a twix-it.

in my opinion a christmas gift isn't really a place to "advertise" but thats just my feeling

Ps. Plus I gave all the teachers aids a SBCB with envelope.

Last year, I gave my sons' teachers the Cowboy Chili mix in the Sm Batter Bowl. I included my card, but didn't push anything business wise. At about the end of the year I spoke to them about the business and they had GREAT shows. My 3rd grader's teacher had her first show with me and it was over $700 and my 2nd grader's teacher's show was +$400 plus the other shows I had from other teachers throughout the summer.

The trivet is a wonderful idea. It is a plus plus (win/win).

I have a PERFECT idea for a teacher gift!!! Get one of our whisks their $12.50 & get some holiday Hershey kisses the red & green & stuff those insode the whisk(it fits nicely just have to move the wires around) tie a bow with a tag that says Wisking you a merry christmas!! VERY CuTE!!!! Everyone could use a nice whisk!

I know this doesn't help you, but I was planning teacher's/sitter's gifts this year for my boy's and guess what?!?! ALL of them (from different organizations too) sent home letters saying "please no gifts - even homemade items"!! They did it in a very professional/sweet way, but I was a bit bummed! I am still thinking of making a donation to maybe the PTO or church the preschool is at in their honor though. What do you think about that?
Joanne

Gift ideas for teachersHere are some great gift ideas for you to use and some great gift sayings to go with them.

Flora

Attachments

• 41 Gifts for Teachers.doc
    26 KB · Views: 497
  • Gift tags for gift sayings.doc
    515 KB · Views: 480
  • Gifttagsforgiftsayings[2].doc
    827 KB · Views: 359
I would give....Apple Wedger and Citrus peeler, also a mini catalog, business card, apples and oranges in a cute basket and a coupon for a FREE bar board if she can gather $150 or more in orders from other teachers!!
If she gathers $XXX or more you will bring lunch to the teacher's lounge.

Debbie :D

ChefinHarmony said:
I know this doesn't help you, but I was planning teacher's/sitter's gifts this year for my boy's and guess what?!?! ALL of them (from different organizations too) sent home letters saying "please no gifts - even homemade items"!! They did it in a very professional/sweet way, but I was a bit bummed! I am still thinking of making a donation to maybe the PTO or church the preschool is at in their honor though. What do you think about that?
Joanne

Maybe you can donate some products in their names for a silent auction.

I also did the mini wisks filled with kisses and the Trivet. I did't add a catalog, but I do put a sticker on EVERYTHING with all my contact info. So if they are interested, they can look on my website and not feel pressured or call me if they want anything. My oldest son (8) told all his teachers (and anyone else that will listen) that I now sell PC. I am planing on giving the Apple wedger for valentines day (apple of my eye or something).

teacher's giftsnot to damper anyone's ideas - and every teacher has their own feelings about this - but i have been a teacher for a long time and i have to say i am so glad most families do not give me apple related items!! i would love to know if a parent was a pc consultant but i think as consultants we have to be careful not to cross a lone of 'tackiness' by promoting ourselves at every chance. to me christmas is not about advertising my business through the gifts i give - in fact i try not to cross the two at all. i think christmas is about something more - and the gifts i received from students that i loved were homemade yummies or the most important ones to me were handwritten notes expressing what the family specifically appreciated about me as a teacher and how much i meant to their child. i save those cards more than gifts i will never use. granted all pc items are useful :) i am really not trying to offend anyone - my post is really meant to say that most teachers i know do not want the 'apple' gifts but rather a thoughtful and meaningful thank you! :) i was also not offended when a family didn't give a gift but i know some teachers who were and i find that despicable!!

Related to Teacher Gift Ideas: Kitchen Shears and More | New Consultant Tips

What are some popular Christmas gifts from Pampered Chef?

Some popular Christmas gifts from Pampered Chef include the Deluxe Cooking Blender, the Rockcrok® Dutch Oven, the Stoneware Baking Set, the Mix 'N Chop, and the Quick Cooker.

How can I find the perfect Christmas gift for someone who loves to cook?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of cooking and baking products that are perfect for any home cook. You can browse our online catalog or consult with a Pampered Chef consultant for personalized gift recommendations.

Do you offer gift wrapping services?

Yes, we offer gift wrapping services for an additional fee. You can add gift wrapping to your order during the checkout process or ask your consultant for assistance.

Can I include a personalized message with my gift?

Yes, you can include a personalized message with your gift at no additional cost. Simply leave a note in the "gift message" section during checkout or let your consultant know when placing your order.

What is the return policy for Christmas gifts?

Our return policy for Christmas gifts is the same as our regular return policy. If the item is unopened and in its original packaging, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund. However, personalized or custom items are non-returnable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ginamkiely
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • KellyTheChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies