• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taste of Home Entertaining with Diane Hastings

In summary, Taste of Home is recruiting PC consultants. They offer a great starter kit and a lot of benefits.
Jennie4PC
I did the taste of home yesterday, got tons of maybes that I need to call. But as I was packing up yesterday a Taste of Home Entertaining lady came up and started talking to me. Her name is Diane Hastings she was a PC senior executive director and she left in Jan to do this.

Well did she want to sign back up with PC???? How does the taste of home party work???

Taste of home is recruiting!!Chef Kearns and I did a table at a Taste of Home cooking school. There was a lady there at the Taste of Home table who used to be Chef Kearns director. Or something like that.
I was told that they recruited alot of PC ladies who were very high up. I am sure many decided to try the business.
Considering their starter kit is $199! Their hosts can get one half price item at 125.00 - 249.99 in sales! That's it!! And they pay their shipping! No host special until next level below!

AT $250.00-499.99 they get two half price items, free shipping, and 10% free products I guess based on sales. Plus free shipping!
So I guess a $300 show gets the host $30 in products FREE. That's horrible, we give $40! At $500 they get $50, we give them $90!!!

I got a catalog from the table we were at. They called to recruit me and I said no thank you! They kept mentioning how they need consultants. I really didn't see anything in their catalog I had to have, alot of the items are copy cat pampered chef products (garlic press, Pizza wheel, Panini grill & press, smart chopper (AKA food chopper), Santoku knife ($69.96) didn't mention anything about warranty, Anodized cookware all sold seperately, no sets. One 10 qt. stockpot with lid is $179.96!!!
They are coming strong though because they have alot of backing from REader's Digest and of course taste of home magazine. Rachel Ray sells her magazine in their catalog and they are endorsed by Mario Batali!
I wish we could get some food network chefs to back us up. But we actually don't even need that, I just love Paula Deen!!! That would be neat!

Debbie

Maybe we should email HO about getting some kind of backing from a food network or something..... We have to remeber that PC has been around a long time as well. :)

The lady Diane got my email from here and kept trying to recruit me last fall. It was completely annoying!:eek:
I did do a TOHE show and it turned out pretty good. I got some nice things for my living room, but I was SHOCKED to find out how many family members bought their ice cream scoop (4 sold) and their $12.96 veggie peeler (3 sold):eek: :eek: :eek: I was so pi**ed!! Oh well, what can you do!:rolleyes:

I have other companies that I have contacted about talking with a consultant to see if they would be interested in doing a party exchange I have had four people from differnt companies try and recurit me... it's annyoing .....

I have a show scheduled Nov 5 with Taste of Home
I was very honest with the cons. I am inviting PC friends, downline, cluster and friends who are good customers. I don't think they will purchase your kitchenware line for my show can we concentrate on the home decor. She was very sweet and appreciated my honesty. I didn't bully her, just told her up front save your time schlepping it here, they are loyal to my PC products or in the business themselves.
Teresa

I am going to go watch a TOH cooking show next week with my mom. I wanted to do a booth, but another gal in my cluster beat me to it! She had a gal from her downline doing it with her & she said they only allow 2 to a booth. So I figured hey, I'll just go watch & learn:) I'm looking forward to it!

Good luck with all those maybe's Jennie! Any yess's?

1 yes and probably 4 yes to catty shows. Diane did kind of mention going to TOH but she was not pushy at all just very nice. She said something happened a few yrs ago that helped her decide to leave PC she said she was doing 6 figures with it.

Diane was my Executive Director. She is an awesome business lady. She is a serious business woman. Her opportunity with TOH was unique. She got in on the ground floor and is helping to build the company. I hate how TOH goes out of their way to target PC consultants, but you have to make your own mind up. If PC is not a fit for you, move on. Otherwise, politely decline and ask her to a party for you :)

Think of it this way... EVERY COMPANY... PC included - goes after the most successful in any business. All corporations go to their competitors and tries to hire the best and the brightest. That's all this place did with the ED.

In the Spring we had a lady from HO come up to AK for sales training and she mentioned this too. I think her name was Jan?? Anyway, she said that they have had a huge problem with this at HO, and TOH had been poaching NED's and such and wooing them away from PC. She stated the same thing Chef Kearns said- It is your life and business, but be careful with big promises. I personally wouldn't want to work for a company that has to target other consultants just to get recruits!!

jaye said:
Think of it this way... EVERY COMPANY... PC included - goes after the most successful in any business. All corporations go to their competitors and tries to hire the best and the brightest. That's all this place did with the ED.

My husband makes the same argument. However, just because everyone does it...that doesn't make it right!! Remember the old addage...if everyone else jumped off a bridge...? Just because they aren't evident doesn't mean we should shrug it off, but we should expect morals from businesses that want to do business with us. Shouldn't we?

Very good points...... I just think it is really sad to try and whoo people away from thngs that they have worked very hard towards. If PC wasn't for them would they be a NEDs or SE? or other director postions within PC? I have done party exchanges for some consultants that work for other companies but we have an un writtien rule they dont' try and recurit me and I don't recurit them. They jsut do parties for me and I do the same for them.

I am not just talking about Direct Sales companies doing this... every company that is successful does this. Every company you have ever done business recruits others and tries to lure other people from whatever business they are currently in. Your electric company, phone company, gas company, department store, benefits administrator, local, state, and federal government....

and think of it... we all do it too!! Do we not tell ANYONE who will listen, what a great company PC is? Don't we go into other people's homes and find out what their dreams and aspirations are and tell them that they can do PC, either in addition to or instead of what they are currently doing? Would you want to recruit someone who you know has no dreams? No ambition? Or do you want your team made up of people who are the go-getters, who have clear visions of success - whatever that vision is to them? We do it all too... so that Direct Sale co and every other place, just does what we do.

And for anyone who has ever worked in the corporate world knows exactly what I am talking about... that's why there are headhunters.

All of that being said... I wish us all the best in our recruiting! Because that is how we are successful, how our business grows and how the PC family grows! :)

Jaye

Related to Taste of Home Entertaining with Diane Hastings

1. What is "Taste of Home Entertaining with Diane Hastings"?

"Taste of Home Entertaining with Diane Hastings" is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef featuring Diane Hastings, a renowned home chef and cookbook author. During the event, Diane will share her tips and tricks for entertaining and creating delicious meals using Pampered Chef products.

2. How long is the event?

The event typically lasts around 2 hours, but may vary depending on the number of attendees and the location.

3. Is there a cost to attend "Taste of Home Entertaining with Diane Hastings"?

There is no cost to attend the event, but registration is required. You can register online or through your local Pampered Chef consultant.

4. Will there be product demonstrations at the event?

Yes, there will be product demonstrations throughout the event showcasing how to use Pampered Chef products to create delicious and impressive dishes for entertaining.

5. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products at the event?

Yes, there will be a selection of Pampered Chef products available for purchase at the event. Additionally, your Pampered Chef consultant will be available to assist with any product orders or questions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies