• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taking Advantage of Holiday Downtime!

In summary, Heather is cleaning out her closet, organizing her paperwork, and calling her maybes to book shows for next year. She also plans to teach and has a show scheduled for the 11th of January. Gillian is in the process of reorganizing her office and is looking forward to seeing Belinda as she redoes her office.
heat123
Silver Member
Ok, so with my calander empty until Jan 19 :eek: I have cleaned out my closet to re-organize, cleaned out my crate, rolling tote, input my expense receipts, printed 118 booking ideas to go over and implement, and made my New Years Resolution to GET ON THE PHONE (Extreme case of phone fear) to better my biz & actively try to recruit next year! Oh and getting in contact with potential hosts who expressed maybes after the holidays!:)

So what are you doing with your down time?:confused:

I am going to get my receipts organized, order paperwork/supplies especially door prizes, organize my paperwork (this is a BIGGIE!), & plan my January shows. Next Wed & Thurs I plan to call my maybes & after the holiday people.

Unfortunately (or, I guess, fortunately) I don't have any down time this year. I have a show tomorrow night and then another on January 2nd...so I have all of 12 days off - LOL

dannyzmom said:
Unfortunately (or, I guess, fortunately) I don't have any down time this year. I have a show tomorrow night and then another on January 2nd...so I have all of 12 days off - LOL

I don't have much-but that's probably better! I seem to slack off when I don't have shows. All my December ones are done, but I have one Jan 12. I'm still going to be calling my maybes next week to book earlier than that & I have 6 shows so far, so I will be calling many of them next week & right after New Year's. But Thurs through Sat this week I want to try to organize my office & such. I don't need more than a few days for that & then I can focus on January!

I am hosting a "Sampling of the Pampered Chef" event the first weekend in January. I have my first show again on January 6th.

Not much downtime here, either.

those are all awesome ideas. Thanks, Heather, for starting this thread! You're an inspiration to me because I can't say I'm making good use of my down time!!! I REALLY need to because my DH gave me a 4 hour chunk of time with a professional organizer for my birthday!!! To make good use of that, I need to get at least a little more organized before I meet with her. I can't wait! My New Years REsolution is to be more organized!!!:D

By the way, Heather, I think your plans and goals are great! Keep up the great work.:D

deb~What are you doing for a Sampling of the Pampered Chef???? This sounds interesting and I'm wondering if I can get more details!!!

I have a bit of downtime myself as my next show isn't until Jan 20th. But I do plan to get more things organized and come up with some show/booking ideas to promote next year. I want to get my paper work/supply up to date and ready to go.

I also have a queen size quilt to complete as I start teaching again Jan 8th. The quilt is still half blocks and half pieces.. I"m figuring I"ll be doing some sewing over the holidays to have my projects ready for teaching!!! So I have downtime with one business and not much with another !!!

Cheers

I WILL get my office cleaned - and find my desk!! My next show is the 11th of Jan.....I am planning on keeping in close contact w/ my Jan. Hosts...I've never been good at that over the holidays - but I've already sent 2 letters and have a 3rd, and a post card already to go on the appropriate day!
Other than that - I am planning on spending lots of quality time w/ my DH and my little guy - I've been so busy w/ PC the pst few months - I want a few days of not thinking about work!

I am totally revamping my show! I have been listening to Belinda A LOT and am ready to put her ideas to use. I figured with 4 weeks off (YIKES!) it would give me plenty of time to perfect my verbage before getting back into the show business. If only one of you organizers could fix my office!!

Well I am in the process of totally redoing my office. My husband just finished redoing the closet w/ shelves. I have a third so far full of PC. My goal is to totally get organized over the Holiday. I am sick ov not being able to find things right when I need them.Gillian, I am so excited to go see Belinda in a few weeks, I haven't broke down and purchased her stuff yet. I am hoping that she will kick my butt in gear. I am just not motivated.

I love her system and she makes me literally laugh out loud. I put the CD's on my iPod and it is hard to not laugh at things she says in the middle of the grocery store. She says the right and wrong way to go about things, and 9 times out of 10 I am saying the wrong thing word for word. My sales are okay, but I am only booking 1 show a month and barely breaking even for supplies. I am hoping that the incentive trip is something I can put my sight on, but I will NEVER get there with one show a month!!

Gillian, which of her tapes do you have? I have the Step into Success & How to Build a MultiMillion Dollar Org, as well as the host coaching one. I just LOVE her! Since using her techniques, I've been booking at every show (usually 3 or more--and getting actual DATES) & giving out recruiting info. My show average has increased too. Most of my shows the last 3 months were in the $700 range, instead of the $500 range they were in.

pamperedgirl3 said:
Gillian, which of her tapes do you have? I have the Step into Success & How to Build a MultiMillion Dollar Org, as well as the host coaching one. I just LOVE her! Since using her techniques, I've been booking at every show (usually 3 or more--and getting actual DATES) & giving out recruiting info. My show average has increased too. Most of my shows the last 3 months were in the $700 range, instead of the $500 range they were in.

I TOTALLY recommend her Power Hour CD and system! Even if you aren't a typically oraganized person (and I'm not) it is totally doable and will revolutionize your business!

I'm considering that one. My director did give us folders separated into the 4 areas she talks about for the power hour. Since I have that I have decided to get other cds first. I'm hoping next year she puts out a cd on her new workshop--oh, I can't remember what it was right now. I also would like her one on interviews & opportunity nights--hoping it goes on sale soon!

pamperedgirl3 said:
I'm considering that one. My director did give us folders separated into the 4 areas she talks about for the power hour. Since I have that I have decided to get other cds first. I'm hoping next year she puts out a cd on her new workshop--oh, I can't remember what it was right now. I also would like her one on interviews & opportunity nights--hoping it goes on sale soon!

You sound like me...I want 'em all! (... and tonight, I'm bookin 'em all!!!:D )

ChefBeckyD said:
You sound like me...I want 'em all! (... and tonight, I'm bookin 'em all!!!:D )

That made me laugh out loud! It's so funny the way she says that. You know, I tell myself that before EVERY show now--just to pysche myself up! Haven't done it, but why not try!

pamperedgirl3 said:
That made me laugh out loud! It's so funny the way she says that. You know, I tell myself that before EVERY show now--just to pysche myself up! Haven't done it, but why not try!

I listen to that CD on my way to every show......I haven't done it yet either - but it does pysche me up to try....and it helps me to remember to ask everyone!

Related to Taking Advantage of Holiday Downtime!

1. How can I use holiday downtime to boost my business?

Holiday downtime is a great opportunity to plan for the upcoming year. Use this time to review your business goals, set new targets, and create a strategy for achieving them. You can also take this time to organize your inventory, update your website, and reach out to potential customers through social media.

2. Is it a good idea to take a break from my business during the holidays?

While taking a break is important for rest and relaxation, completely shutting down your business during the holidays can slow down your momentum. Instead, scale back your business activities and focus on tasks that will help you start the new year strong.

3. How can I make the most of holiday sales and promotions?

The holidays are a great time for sales and promotions. Consider offering holiday-themed products, gift sets, or special discounts to attract more customers. You can also partner with other businesses or offer bundle deals to increase sales.

4. What are some creative ways to engage with my customers during the holidays?

Holiday downtime is the perfect time to engage with your customers and show appreciation. Consider sending personalized holiday cards, hosting a holiday-themed virtual event, or creating fun holiday-themed social media posts to keep your customers engaged and connected with your business.

5. How can I use holiday downtime to improve my skills as a consultant?

Use the holiday downtime to attend virtual training sessions, read books on business and leadership, and participate in online workshops or webinars. You can also reach out to fellow consultants for mentorship and learning opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Happy Mom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
supergirljennie
Replies