• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tag Team Success: My Pampered Chef Friend and I Make Our Businesses Full-Time

In summary, two friends who are both trying to make their businesses full-time before having children have come up with a system where they tag-team their shows. This involves one consultant being the main consultant for the show, while the other helps out with set up, entertaining guests, and answering questions. They have seen an increase in show totals, recruiting leads, and bookings since implementing this system. They also take turns being the main consultant for their own shows. Although it may take longer to set up and pack up, they have found that having a friend to help out makes the show more enjoyable and relaxed for both the consultants and the guests. There is no financial compensation for the helper, but they trade off being the main consultant at their own shows
AmieCream
My dear PC Friend and I have been tag teaming our shows this month. She and I both are trying to make our businesses full time before we have children, so we have a lot of time to commit to PC

We started it because we were complaining about how long our shows take to pack up and get out of the hosts home. The whole month of June we decided to tag team our shows when our schedules permit.

It has been very neat. We ride together and help carry in our products (1/2 as many loads on our backs) Consultant #1 sets up and welcomes the guests (usually the original consultant for the show) The other does a 12 min cake in the microwave before the show (this keeps early arrivers entertained). During the demo consultant # 2 is in the audience with the customers and gives interjections as she wants and helps with down time. At the end of the show Consultant #2 cleans and packs up while Consultant #1 checks every one out. Plus Consultant #2 is there to answer any questions or encourage bookings/recruiting while the other is busy checking people out.

We have seen our show totals go up, our recruiting leads and bookings go up. I believe because people have more fun and feel like they had all their questions answered and the environment is relaxed because all they see is 2 friends enjoying their jobs and they would be welcomed to join. Plus our show time, from unload to reload, has been cut in 1/2.

Just thought I would share what is working for us right now!

Cool! Never heard of that, but sounds like you guys are having a ton of fun! Keep it up! :D

Way to go!

Is consultant #1 "the" consultant for that show...as in gets the sales, bookings, and recruits? And #2 is there just as support, etc. Then it flips for consutant #2 so at her shows she gets the sales, bookings, and recruits?

Sounds like you guys have a good thing going!

soooo....how are you two working the bookings? If you are Consultant #1 and are the consultant that the host booked with, how does Consultant #2 get bookings??

Meg - it sounds like Cons. 1 is the main consultant for the show, so she gets all the bookings - Cons. 2 is just "helping her out". At Cons. 2's shows, Cons. 1 is her helper, so Cons. 2 gets all of the bookings. Make sense? It sounds like it doubles the amount of time they are out of the house, but as she mentioned, they don't have kids and are working their businesses FT so that they can build them to the point where they want them to be when they DO have kids. Did I understand that right?

I wish I had time to do this! Good luck to both of you!

You guys got it! Thats exactly how we have been working it! the show is Consultant #1s all the way. It works well for us because we have about the same amount of shows a month.It's been really great!

I have to say this sounds great~I remember before I was a consultant, I went to a show done by 2 young ladies, and they made it look really easy!
I admire you guys for changing things around to work for you!

I love this idea. Partially, b/c it's a fun night out with a friend regardless of how the show turns out. I have a friend that sells Usborne Books and it was fun when we both had an out of town party. We both had our worst shows ever. Hers for for a MK consultant and couldn't believe the lack of people there and the fact kids (outnumbered adults) were NOT under control and were pretty much playing with all of the books...vs gently reading them. Me...I had a show in a huge, gorgeous house. TWO people were there and she had one $10 outside order. She wasn't interested in contacting people and I'm guessing they weren't REALLY invited. Trip home...kind of fun :)I can see where having some help with the distracting things would allow great time with the guests. I have a friend come with the larger expos. It's priceless! She's not PC though...but knows all of the stuff! If she lived close, she'd go with me :).Congrats on the great set up!

Is consultant 2 "donating" her time or is there any compensation for her time?

I would *think* the compensation is having consultant 1 be her slave...I mean helper :) ... for consultant 2's shows?

yeah, we trade off being helpers. It works great because we have nearly the same amount of shows a month.

What a great idea. Glad to see it is working for you both!

Abby and I do our shows together, too! We knew this is what we wanted to do, so Abby signed up last September, and "recruited" me the next day. We each book our own shows, but we always go to each other's shows (unless something weird comes up).

Our format is a little different. We usually do 2 recipes...a quick cake in the microwave or a dip in the oven and then while that's cooking, we get the other dish (usually tomato basil squares) together. While the squares bake, we top the cake or whatever.

It's great because afterwards one of us does dishes while the other one (whoever booked the show) meets with customers. It saves so much time.

I think our shows are more fun, too, because we banter with each other, and we know each other's rhythm. I did a show by myself last night, and it just wasn't as much fun!

We split our commission 50/50 each month. If one of us is having a better month one month, it's fine because we know the other may have a better month down the road. We each have our own kit, but we have supplemented our supplies by each purchasing stuff.

Last edited:

1. How can I successfully partner with a friend in my Pampered Chef business?

Success in partnering with a friend in your Pampered Chef business starts with open communication and a strong understanding of each other's goals and strengths. Make sure to establish clear roles and responsibilities, set goals together, and communicate regularly to ensure both of your businesses are thriving.

2. What are some ways to effectively market our joint Pampered Chef business?

There are many ways to market your joint Pampered Chef business, including hosting parties together, utilizing social media to showcase your products and promotions, and offering joint specials or discounts. You can also collaborate on creating a strong brand image and promoting each other's businesses through word of mouth.

3. How do we handle disagreements or conflicts in our partnership?

In any partnership, there are bound to be disagreements or conflicts. It's important to address these issues openly and respectfully, and come to a compromise or solution that benefits both parties. It's also helpful to establish protocols for handling conflicts beforehand, so that you both know how to handle them in a professional manner.

4. What are some tips for balancing our individual Pampered Chef businesses with our joint business?

Balancing individual businesses with a joint business can be challenging, but it's important to prioritize and communicate effectively. Make sure to set aside time for both your individual businesses and your joint business, and establish a schedule that works for both of you. Utilize tools and resources provided by Pampered Chef to streamline your processes and save time.

5. How can we ensure equal success and growth in both of our businesses?

To ensure equal success and growth in both of your businesses, it's important to have a clear understanding of each other's goals and to support each other's growth. This can include cross-promotion, sharing resources and ideas, and collaborating on new products or services. Regularly reviewing and setting goals together can also help keep both businesses on track and thriving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tammie Allen
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bketchum