• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Summer Salads & Crostini: Good Pairings?

In summary, some popular summer salad ingredients include fresh berries, avocado, corn, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Grilled chicken, shrimp, tuna, and tofu are all great options for adding protein to summer salads. Some creative toppings for crostini include fig and prosciutto, roasted vegetables and feta, and peach and goat cheese. Summer salads can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for a few days, but dressings and toppings should be added right before serving. A light vinaigrette made with olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs is a popular choice for dressing summer salads, as well as balsamic vinaigrette and creamy avocado dressing.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
I am doing Veg Ribbon Salad for some of my summer shows (I know...OLD recipe...) and would like to do a quick and ez recipe using stoneware to go with it. Crostini w/ the olive salad topping was reccommended...would the flavors go well together? Any other suggestions? (As little work as possible...:rolleyes: ) Thanks!

cookin to the top said:
I am doing Veg Ribbon Salad for some of my summer shows (I know...OLD recipe...) and would like to do a quick and ez recipe using stoneware to go with it. Crostini w/ the olive salad topping was reccommended...would the flavors go well together? Any other suggestions? (As little work as possible...:rolleyes: ) Thanks!
Those flavors would work great together. The white bean dip in that same season's best is good too! BTW, that Veg Ribbon Salad is yummy! One of my favorites and would be a good one to do with the new interactive format. The new skinny spoon would be great for the balsamic dressing on that one since it is drizzled on the plate... Sounds like a great show!

Great idea! Thanks. What are you making at your summer shows this year?

Related to Summer Salads & Crostini: Good Pairings?

What are some popular summer salad ingredients?

Some popular summer salad ingredients include fresh berries, avocado, corn, tomatoes, and cucumbers.

What types of protein can be added to summer salads?

Grilled chicken, shrimp, tuna, and tofu are all great options for adding protein to summer salads.

What are some creative toppings for crostini?

Some creative toppings for crostini include fig and prosciutto, roasted vegetables and feta, and peach and goat cheese.

Can summer salads be made in advance?

Yes, many summer salads can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for a few days. Just wait to add any dressings or toppings until right before serving.

What is a good dressing for summer salads?

A light vinaigrette made with olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs is a great option for dressing summer salads. Balsamic vinaigrette or a creamy avocado dressing are also popular choices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Jill
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Happy Mom
  • eatoninthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pvt35115
  • pamperedpals