• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Direct Sales: A Story of Frustration

In summary, the author is having difficulty finding buyers for her shows. She has contacted everyone she knows, and has tried to get orders by hosting a catalog party. She has also contacted potential buyers through her website and through personal contact.
noelskitchen
Okay, this really isn't working I've have called EVERYONE. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I know I'm excited when I talk to people. I started January 2nd and started calling everyone who was a host, guest, outside order. NO ONE wants to book. I did recruit someone last month but this month really is a pitfall. When people give me the "it's the economy no one can buy" I've given them the speal that's why I'm here, guests can come out for a great time learning some budget friendly recipes, I have a host who we had to reschedule and she emailed me stating " got your message. I will contact you when we are ready to have a show. Right now no one is in a position to really buy anything, with the economy the way it is. I will call or e-mail you when we are ready. Thank you." She's 2 1/2 hours away from me. Do I give her that speal and go up there, gas, and no one buys???? I started a catalog show and only one person bought a $15 product. And than I had another person buy a smaller item. I spoke with one patient's daughter about doing a show and my grocery store checker so those are my only two leads. Soooo depressing.

Noel,

I know what you mean....times are tough, but there are people out there who are having parties. I would go to the PC website under online training and take every "course" you can on bookings, customer care calls, phone courage, etc...contact your director for help too, maybe start with a script for your calls. Put your self out there too, taking mini catalogs and a sticky note or notebook to take their info down as well. Everywhere you go let people you know that you are loving The Pampered Chef. The training is available online and there are other direct selling websites that offer help, aids and training for home based businesses. Ask your director about some of these websites...ie Get a fresh perspective-Lynn Conway and The Lemonaid Lady-Christie Northrop. These gals have been speakers at Nat'l Conference and they have tools to help you as well.
You can do it. We all have been there and some of us (myself included) are in this "rut" as well. Ask yourself what motivates you, what is your "why" for doing this business. Then post pictures that relate to your "why" and use that to help motivate you to get on the phone. Again, ask your director for help, or his or her upline. I am sure they will have some ideas for you.
God Bless
Deb

OMG!! I do feel your pain. But one of the things I do is pamper a business. You actively seek businesses that might have potential buyers and offer them a "catalog" type party to get orders. If you go to files and quiry "Pamper a business" you should find strands and letters that cover this and get great ideas. Some act like someone nominated that business to be pamperedDrop off info with permission.. then pick up orders the next week with a nice dessert for them to eat. I like to drop off the dessert at first sometimes so they will eat it and want to order. lol Good luck. And I agree to do the trainings. Some of the best info and suggestions are on this site too. Like be up and excited about your business as you talk to everyone.. pretend you are already successful... find new people at the grocery store. I wear logo and it works. Look for bazaars and church sales this spring to get your name out there (get a table at a few) . We are all a little slumped.. it will pass. And some are having awesome shows!!! The buyers are out there. Hope these ideas get you back on track and motivated. Congrats on joining!!

If I had a dime for everytime I heard the "economy is bad" I'd be rich. Bottom line is though - people ARE booking, people ARE buying. I have had 2 shows within the past week - both over $500 in sales and a ton of bookings. It's about having fun at the shows and showing everyone the benefit of hosting.

Have you done a booth or a table recently?? Even if you haven't, go back through your old slips and call people. I did that recently - viola - 2 shows booked. I simply said "hey....met you last May we didn't connect, we have some great specials going on - are you interested?" Next thing you know, they are booking shows - and/or telling me to follow-up in a month (which I now have a stringent follow-up method after Leadership conference - it's made a world of difference). If you haven't done a booth or table recently - find one. They are the best source of new leads for you.

Did you go back to your list of 100 - or easier yet - 40 guests in 4 mintues list. See what you have there.

Talk with people when you are out and about.

Do you do a monthly newsletter? If not, I would suggest that you do. It's your name in front of your customers EVERY month. They may call/e-mail you to book a show, or at the very least, when you call them to see if they are interested they'll say "I've been reading your newsletter - and yes, I'm interested in hosting X month".

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling discouraged right now. It can be tough when you're excited about your business and reaching out to potential hosts and guests, but not getting the response you were hoping for. However, I want to encourage you not to give up just yet. Sometimes it takes a little bit of time and persistence to see the results you're looking for. It sounds like you're doing all the right things by reaching out to past hosts and guests, as well as exploring new leads. Have you considered reaching out to your network of friends and family? They may be more likely to support you and host a show or make a purchase. Also, don't forget about social media! It's a great way to connect with potential hosts and customers. Keep sharing your enthusiasm and love for Pampered Chef, and I'm sure you'll start seeing more success soon. Don't give up, and keep up the great work!

Related to Struggling with Direct Sales: A Story of Frustration

1. What inspired you to share your story of struggling with direct sales?

I wanted to share my experience because I know there are many others out there who have gone through similar challenges in the direct sales industry. I hope that by sharing my story, others can relate and find comfort in knowing they are not alone.

2. What were some of the biggest obstacles you faced in direct sales?

Some of the biggest obstacles I faced were finding new customers, dealing with rejection, and managing my time effectively. These are common challenges in the direct sales industry, and they can be difficult to overcome.

3. How did you handle rejection in your direct sales business?

At first, I took rejection personally and it affected my self-esteem. But as I gained more experience, I learned to not take it personally and instead use it as motivation to improve my sales techniques. I also reminded myself that rejection is a natural part of any sales business.

4. What strategies did you find most successful in growing your customer base?

I found that hosting parties or events, offering incentives or promotions, and utilizing social media were all effective strategies for growing my customer base. Building relationships with my customers and providing excellent customer service also played a big role in retaining customers and getting referrals.

5. What advice do you have for those struggling with direct sales?

My advice would be to never give up and to keep learning and trying new strategies. It's important to have a positive mindset, stay organized, and be persistent. Also, don't be afraid to reach out to other direct sales professionals for advice and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Dawn4
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies