• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Booking Frustration? Get Expert Advice from a Top Demonstrator!

I am positive, upbeat, & relaxed. What is going on???? Anyone have any ideas??: It sounds like you're doing everything you can, but it sounds like you may need to consider other marketing strategies. Maybe you should try a different approach (like a different type of show, doing more demonstrations, or contacting past customers). Keep trying different things until you find something that works! Thanks for your question.
KLSeven89
Hi. I need some advice. I have been selling for over a year now. For the first time I have absolutely nothing on my schedule. Everyone keeps telling me that this is our busiest time of year. I do interactive shows, full service check out, guests tell me that they think I am a great demonstrator, they really enjoyed themselves, what an informative show, etc. . . But yet no bookings, not even a catalog show! I ask everyone! I am positive, upbeat, & relaxed. What is going on???? Anyone have any ideas??: Thank you.

Well to start call your friend and family. Family around this time of year. I will be in it for a year now. I do have 3 this oct and one for sure in nov. i keep asking and calling past host that have there past host is up and sk if they want to do another one. put out catalogs at different places and cards too. i too have felt this way for awhile and somehow i turn it around by offering different incentives like book a show noe and get this for free typ of thing. It usually is what i have on hand. and I found that works. also look through your slips of names and also the orders and see who orderd a lot and what they orderd like if someone orderd stonewear call them and let them know that it is on special in nov.
hope this helps

I know this could be redundent.. but pamper a business. It seems many are cancelling etc. Bookings are down for many. Look for fall fiestas, craft fairs at churches.. wear logo. And talk about showing the host and guests how to make a delicious meal for 2.00 a person. That might spark some interest. Look on other threads on this site for others talking about the same thing.. many good ideas and strategies. I'm sure you have been doing some of these. Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Find an event. There are tons this ime of year!

I know this won't quite help you RIGHT NOW, but when you do have a few shows on your calendar, be prepared by listening to this MP3 training seminar.
I recently downloaded several Tele-classes and the Online Training MP3s. I REALLY liked listening to:
Full Calendars for Everyone!
Don Funt, Amy Niemann; Leadership 2008They had some great ideas that I can't wait to try (as soon as I get a few shows! I have a booth on the 1st.)But you can find this audio-mp3 under the Online Training on the Consultant's Corner. Click on "Resources". Then you'll see a drop-down box just under the title bar....select "Booking". You'll find the "Full Calendar" mp3 there. Don Funt says he has a full-calendar and never has to make phone calls because he gets them AT HIS SHOWS. I would love that!

KLSeven89 said:
Hi. I need some advice. I have been selling for over a year now. For the first time I have absolutely nothing on my schedule. Everyone keeps telling me that this is our busiest time of year. I do interactive shows, full service check out, guests tell me that they think I am a great demonstrator, they really enjoyed themselves, what an informative show, etc. . . But yet no bookings, not even a catalog show! I ask everyone! I am positive, upbeat, & relaxed. What is going on???? Anyone have any ideas??: Thank you.
Gosh, Kim...this sounds EXACTLY like me. They seem to have a really great time (lots of laughs, etc.) and say I am a great demonstrator. I don't know what more to do. Some did book, but cancelled and give me every excuse why they can't reschedule. I have made calls to past customers (every one is always fine, they don't want to have a show, they don't need any more products, and so on...), I have pampered businesses and left my catalogs and cards at different businesses around town. I have made many casual contacts while shopping, etc. many have said they would love to have a party, they have been looking for a PC consultant, etc., so I send out a packet (right away) with a full size catalog, host benefits flyer, current specials and a really nice cover letter (on PC letterhead). I try to call them back and always end up getting VM, no matter what time I call. I have even tried calling from home and my cell phone (in case they recognized the number). I leave a message every time and NO ONE has called me back. NOT ONE PERSON!! NOBODY!! What is the deal? Why even bother asking for info and say you're interested if you aren't. Some of these people approached me because they saw my shirt or bag, it's not like I put them on the spot and they felt obligated or something. I even send out a monthly newsletter from myemaildesigns.com, but more than half never even open the email. I just don't get it and am so frustrated. I don't know what else to do. I think I have tried everything. Does anyone have ideas Kim or I may not have thought of? Preferably something that doesn't cost much because I can't afford it with no shows on my calendar. HELP!!

First I want to thank all of you for your responses. I am trying very hard to stay positive. I want my business to work and I am willing to work at it. Today I set up a table for 2 hours at a local retail clothing store. I coudn't even give the catalogs away!!!

PChefRenee, I feel your frustration. I keep telling myself to keep working the business and in a month or two it will pay off. Keep working and we will find our success!!
Kim

Kim, you're right; the only thing to do is to keep working the business because quitting is not an option. I haven't even made my $15K in career sales yet (only another
$3K to go). I have just been squeaking by with just enough sales to stay active; I don't want to go inactive and have to start over. I only need another $80 in sales by the end of this month. So I will keep plugging along and hope for the best. Fortunately, my director included me in a Wedding Expo for this weekend and said I can have all the cooking shows and showers and we will split any registries. God bless her...I know she is doing all she can to help me. Best of luck to yo;, I hope things turn around for all of us that are struggling.

PICK UP THE PHONE........and call all past customers and ask if they are happy wiuth their products? Do they need a recipe for a great appetizer? Would they be interested in hosting a show to get gifts for family & friends for next to nothing? How about a part-time job that they can have fun with? But the key here is PICK UP THE PHONE!!!

Thanks for the suggestion Meg. I hate to sound like a negative Nellie, but I've been there, done that. It may work for others, but hasn't for me lately. It's always the same conversation from their end..."I'm happy with the products, sure send me a recipe, no, not interested in a show (enter excuse here), No, that kind of business isn't for me and no, I don't know of anyone who would be interested." Believe me I have tried! My customer list has been exhausted and I gone through my list of 100, which wasn't quite 100, but still. It is just really bad her in SW FL. I guess I am just not hitting the right people.

I'm feeling the same frustration here in CA. I was thinking maybe CA isn't all that into PC since the midwest and East seem to be where the majority of high sellers are at. I'm afraid I've worked my family and friends so much now that if I keep at it they may no longer want to be my friend and the family may just try to stay away. :( I've been trying to get outside my circle and get new business with car decals, taking catalogs everywhere, etc. but no luck so far.

Find a fair to do and call all those who say they are interested!!!

PChefRenee said:
Thanks for the suggestion Meg. I hate to sound like a negative Nellie, but I've been there, done that. It may work for others, but hasn't for me lately. It's always the same conversation from their end..."I'm happy with the products, sure send me a recipe, no, not interested in a show (enter excuse here), No, that kind of business isn't for me and no, I don't know of anyone who would be interested." Believe me I have tried! My customer list has been exhausted and I gone through my list of 100, which wasn't quite 100, but still. It is just really bad her in SW FL. I guess I am just not hitting the right people.

I think another key yo this is to go into doing it with NO expectations~just giving good customer care. When I have done this thinking "I need bookings..." it tends to change how I speak to people, so just dial them up and chat about their products....it may help!

I agree about people not being into PC in CA- but that just means that the market is wide open for us to educate Californians about good tools, good cooking, and a great business opportunity! I agree that we have to work harder to get the bookings, but once they see the freebies, the referrals are awesome!

What about having an Open House - if you've done one already do another - this time invite those who didn't come first time and go door to door in your neighborhood or a close neighborhood (maybe take someone with you for safety) get some catalog bags to hang on the door knobs (be sure to notice signs that say no soliciting) and put a catalog and a recipe along with the invitation.

Also, you should schedule RECIPE TASTING at your house every month. Feature only one recipe as it is only a tasting. Every person you meet you can hand them a recipe card of the recipe you will be making and invite them (you can make these on paper from your computer and be sure to put your info on them. Get THEIR info so you can give them a reminder call)

Carry the Catalog Tote EVERYWHERE! Carry it on your shoulder but hold it on your front. Know what I mean? This way the first thing they see when someone is walking toward your direction is the Catalog.

And I agree it's in the way we talk. If we are concerned with people it will show in our voice. Try thinking of this . . . With the economic slump we are in people are dining IN more often. No restaraunts, no drive-thrus. They still want to be able to eat Restaraunt quality food but at a price they can afford. (myslef included) Well, PC has the recipe to make that happen. Most of our meals can be made for about $2.00 per serving. This is information people need to know! We've got to get it out there to help them feed their family. - Tell everyone. Start a conversation in the grocery store about the cost of food and before you know it you're talking about the PC.

I know it's easier said than done. But give it a try. You have everything to gain! You can do it!

Last edited:
Log onto CC and view the video featuring National Executive Director Patsy McGovern. It is a booking video and she has some wonderful tips on how to increase your bookings.

esavvymom said:
I know this won't quite help you RIGHT NOW, but when you do have a few shows on your calendar, be prepared by listening to this MP3 training seminar.
I recently downloaded several Tele-classes and the Online Training MP3s.

I REALLY liked listening to:
Full Calendars for Everyone!
Don Funt, Amy Niemann; Leadership 2008

They had some great ideas that I can't wait to try (as soon as I get a few shows! I have a booth on the 1st.)

But you can find this audio-mp3 under the Online Training on the Consultant's Corner. Click on "Resources". Then you'll see a drop-down box just under the title bar....select "Booking". You'll find the "Full Calendar" mp3 there. Don Funt says he has a full-calendar and never has to make phone calls because he gets them AT HIS SHOWS. I would love that!

I downloaded that but haven't listened to it yet. I will have to move that up on my list. Thanks!

Related to Struggling with Booking Frustration? Get Expert Advice from a Top Demonstrator!

1. How can I improve my booking rate as a Pampered Chef demonstrator?

There are a few key strategies you can use to improve your booking rate. First, make sure you are consistently reaching out to potential hosts and following up with them. Additionally, consider hosting your own virtual parties to showcase the products and generate interest. It's also important to offer incentives and rewards for hosting a party, such as free products or discounts. Finally, make sure you are showcasing the value and benefits of hosting a party, such as the opportunity to earn free products and have a fun and interactive experience with friends.

2. I am struggling to find new leads for potential party hosts. What can I do?

One effective way to find new leads is to tap into your existing network and ask for referrals. Reach out to friends, family, and past hosts and ask if they know anyone who may be interested in hosting a party. You can also attend local events and fairs to connect with potential hosts. Additionally, utilize social media to promote your business and reach a larger audience.

3. How can I make my parties more engaging and successful?

To make your parties more engaging and successful, it's important to plan and prepare beforehand. Make sure you have all the necessary supplies and products, and plan out your demonstrations and games to keep guests entertained. It's also helpful to have a clear and concise party script to guide you through the event. Additionally, be personable and build a connection with your guests to make the experience more enjoyable for everyone.

4. What should I do if a party host cancels or doesn't show up?

Cancellations and no-shows happen, but it's important to have a plan in place to handle these situations. First and foremost, always follow up with the host to express your understanding and see if they would like to reschedule. If they are not interested, you can offer to turn the party into a virtual event or reach out to other potential hosts to fill the spot. It's also a good idea to have a backup plan, such as hosting your own virtual party or having a few friends and family members ready to host in case of cancellations.

5. How can I stay motivated and positive when facing booking frustration?

It's common to feel frustrated and discouraged when facing booking challenges, but it's important to stay positive and motivated. One helpful tip is to set realistic goals and celebrate small victories. For example, aim to book one party a week and celebrate when you achieve that goal. It's also helpful to connect with other Pampered Chef demonstrators and share tips and advice. Remember to focus on the value and benefits of hosting a party, and the positive impact it can have on your business and personal growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Doodlbug329
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Amanda_RI
  • Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • caitynsmom