Storing Waffle Batter overnight

Discussion in 'Recipes and Tips' started by AJPratt, Apr 10, 2011.

1. AJPratt

AJPratt Silver Member

I wanted to make batter for waffles tonight to have for the morning. I was going to make it and store it in the fridge in the batter bowl. Can I do this? Will they be OK? Has anyone tried it? As you can see, I am a little neurotic about my waffles. LOL

2. I've never tried it myself AJ, but I've heard that storing the batter in the fridge overnight makes the waffles turn out really nice and fluffy! :)

3. That's what I've heard too. Let us know if it's true or not. ;)

4. AJPratt

AJPratt Silver Member

Thank you. I guess I will see.

5. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Gold Member

I would store it in the quick stir pitcher. That way you can use the plunger to mix it quick in the morning.

6. AJPratt

AJPratt Silver Member

7. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Gold Member

Let us know for sure!! My niece wants waffles for her graduation and this might help out a lot!

8. NooraK

NooraK Gold Member

When I was pregnant with DS1, I would make a batch of waffle batter on Sunday, then keep it in the refrigerator all week, making a fresh waffle each morning. :D

9. AJPratt

AJPratt Silver Member

Thanks, Noorak! And they were good?

10. NooraK

NooraK Gold Member

Absolutely delicious

11. AJPratt

AJPratt Silver Member

So I chickened out. The batter I use, I have to beat the egg whites until soft peak and then combine the milk and egg yolks. So, I was afraid to put it all together and have it not work out. Oh well... maybe I will get brave or someone can share an easier recipe.

12. NooraK

NooraK Gold Member

Hmm... mine calls to cream the sugar and butter then add the eggs (if I remember right), but it's at home and I couldn't find it on the web. I'll see if I remember to post it later tonight.

13. babywings76

babywings76 Gold Member

he he...I just use Krusteaz mix. All I add is water. ;) But the longer it sits, the fluffier the batter becomes.