• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Returns: Are You Experiencing Issues Too?

M
mistym
I am having some major issues right now with Stoneware. I have lost count on the amount of returns I have done during the past 6 months...it has too be upwards of 20!!

My customers stoneware is cracking left right and center..heck, even my own cracked just the other day. I usually take care of all my customers returns but this is getting out of control.

Anyone else having stoneware issues or is it just me?

I had a few customer issues this past year, but it was older stuff (out of warranty). I had a stone break right away about 12 years ago but none since that DH hasn't dropped something on or that I dropped!

Just dropped my mini-baker the other day and shattered it... :( It was just bought...off the outlet though so I'm out of luck!

I did have one lady with a DCB arrive with a crack in the lid. When I called HO they had a lot of issues with those lately. I think that was shipping problems, not mfg. problems.

No, I only have issues with my stoneware not baking the middle of my crescent rolls, so they are perfect on the outside and bottom, but doughy in the middle, and once they get out of the oven and rest for a bit, they loose their height, and flatten... If I bake them any longer- they'll burn. I bake them about 1-2 minutes longer than the package suggests, too.

Sorry, I think I hijacked yer thread.
(slap my hand and call me pesky)

Kitchen Diva said:
No, I only have issues with my stoneware not baking the middle of my crescent rolls, so they are perfect on the outside and bottom, but doughy in the middle, and once they get out of the oven and rest for a bit, they loose their height, and flatten... If I bake them any longer- they'll burn. I bake them about 1-2 minutes longer than the package suggests, too.

Sorry, I think I hijacked yer thread.
(slap my hand and call me pesky)

I have the same issues unless I am using crescents for a wreath or something. So, to make DH happy with the quality I cook plain crescent rolls on my old aluminum pan...:blushing: (Hanging head in PC shame...)

Everything else imaginable I cook on the stones...

janetupnorth said:
I have the same issues unless I am using crescents for a wreath or something. So, to make DH happy with the quality I cook plain crescent rolls on my old aluminum pan...:blushing: (Hanging head in PC shame...)

Everything else imaginable I cook on the stones...
I sadly admit I've had to do the same thing- I ruined the Christmas Morning sweet rolls I always make each Christmas morning, because I made them on my stone, and they were raw in the middle. I was bumming! The outside layer was delish, however!

I haven't had issues with things breaking during use, but I have had issues with things arriving broken. I don't like how they are shipping our stoneware. There is not enough packing in the boxes. One customer ordered a pie plate...from the outlet...which arrived with the pie plate and a small strip of paper for packing. No wonder it broke during shipping.

I gave my brother-in-law the new pizza stone with the handles for x-mas. His first time using it the stone cracked in half. Of course he was at the fire station showinf it off to his buddies. Now I just have to get it exchanged for him and then hope they still are impressed!

I have had to return several bakers myself and have to say it is quite embarrassing. I don't recall having this problem when we had UPS...but that is just my limited experience. BUT- that may just be coincidence since I, too, have noticed a poor packing job by Pampered Chef. For shame.

I'm relieved to hear that others are having the same baking experience with their crescent rolls as I have! Now if we can only come up with a solution...hm... (other than actually making rolls from scratch, of course!)

No problems here, hope I didn't just jinx myself!

stoneware-crescent rollsI cooked crescent rolls on the large bar pan at Christmas without any problems.:)

I have had a customer return a stone - it broke in the oven and was less than two months old. I have a feeling most of my other customers haven't taken their stoneware out of the boxes - time for some CC calls!

I have had several stones with handles break first time in use. In fact, one customer's first one broke, replaced it, and replacement broke- she asked for her $$ back.

Related to Stoneware Returns: Are You Experiencing Issues Too?

1. What is causing the stoneware to crack?

The most common cause of stoneware cracking is sudden changes in temperature. When the stoneware is exposed to extreme temperature changes, such as going from the oven to a cold countertop, it can cause cracks to form.

2. Are there any other factors that could contribute to stoneware cracking?

Yes, there are a few other factors that could contribute to stoneware cracking. These include using metal utensils on the stoneware, placing it on a direct heat source, or dropping it on a hard surface.

3. How can I prevent stoneware from cracking?

To prevent stoneware from cracking, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for use. This may include avoiding sudden temperature changes, using only non-metal utensils, and avoiding direct heat sources. It is also important to properly care for and store your stoneware to prevent damage.

4. Is it common for stoneware to crack?

While stoneware is generally a durable and long-lasting material, cracking can occur under certain circumstances. It is important to properly care for and use your stoneware to minimize the risk of cracking.

5. What should I do if I am experiencing a high number of stoneware returns?

If you are experiencing a high number of stoneware returns, it is best to contact the manufacturer for assistance. They may be able to provide insight into the cause of the issues and offer a solution. It is also important to communicate with your customers and address their concerns promptly and professionally.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Bec5287
  • alibene80