• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Microwave Cakes, Anyone?

P
Pampered Laura
:eek: I love microwave cakes in the stoneware, because it makes people go nuts when they find out they can use stones in the micro!

Anyone have good recipes for Microwave Cakes in Stoneware? I have the Fluted Pan, so those would be good too.
Thanks! :)

The only one I have is the strawberry cheescake. I got it off of here. It is REALLY good, and super moist. Other than that, maybe search the recipes files, there are alot of different files for different peices of PC. hth

The version I always make is a devil's food cake (made according to instructions) mix put into the fluted pan. Then add 2/3 of a can of fudge icing. Microwave for 12 minutes - turn 1/4 turn every 3 minutes if no carousel in the microwave. Comes out like those chocolate lava cakes that you pay $4 per slice for in a restaurant!! Yum Yum!

I've sold bunches of fluted pans just with that recipe!

I know that you can make the Sunshine Cake in the microwave because that's what the recipe says to do. You can find it in the Casual Cooking Cookbook. I think there are instructions to cook it in the oven, too. If so, couldn't you just use that formula to convert oven time/temp to microwave cooking?

cmdtrgd said:
I know that you can make the Sunshine Cake in the microwave because that's what the recipe says to do. You can find it in the Casual Cooking Cookbook. I think there are instructions to cook it in the oven, too. If so, couldn't you just use that formula to convert oven time/temp to microwave cooking?

THis cake is awesome too! I think the recipe does call for micro times. It's a great recipe for summer:)

loreedfk said:
The version I always make is a devil's food cake (made according to instructions) mix put into the fluted pan. Then add 2/3 of a can of fudge icing. Microwave for 12 minutes - turn 1/4 turn every 3 minutes if no carousel in the microwave. Comes out like those chocolate lava cakes that you pay $4 per slice for in a restaurant!! Yum Yum!

I've sold bunches of fluted pans just with that recipe!

You put the can of frosting on top of the cake batter?

When you put the frosting on top of the cake batter, it sinks during cooking, so that the cake is really moist and the frosting melts at the bottem and covers the cake when you flip it out... so yummy and easy!!! hth - alison

okie dokie! I made the Strawberry Micro cake today at my show, and it was PERFECT! Micro for 14 mins, cooled on the cooling rack for about 10 mins, flipped it over on to the Celebrate Plate. It didnt come loose right away, but a few mins with the stone still on top of the cake, and it came right out!
Perfect-o!
I put Whipped Cream around the sides and all inside the middle, and did Strawberry fans around the edges and one in the middle. Looked SO pretty - everyone was very impressed (including me!) LOL
Thanks everyone!

GourmetGirl said:
When you put the frosting on top of the cake batter, it sinks during cooking, so that the cake is really moist and the frosting melts at the bottem and covers the cake when you flip it out... so yummy and easy!!! hth - alison

So it ends up at the top of the cake.... hiding the at times slightly mushy cake top???? I need to try this one. Thanks!

I love to do variations on the 1-2-3 cakes
For May I did a pink and white polka dot micro cake.
1 box white cake mix
1 can strawberry pie filling (21 oz)
3 eggs
1 cup white chocolate chips.

12 minutes in the fluted pan
So yummy!

I posted this in another thread too, but wanted to make sure it is with the fluted stone thread too....

The lava cake.... I made this in the fluted stone tonight for the first time - - - the cake was collapsed in the center area where the frosting was. It didn't look very good, thank goodness it tasted great. Was it supposed to look like that? Did I do something wrong? Help!

Also - Is there a cake recipe using white or yellow cake mix that doesn't have fruit in it?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
You can do the 123 cake with 1 cake mix 2 cups of sour cream and 3 eggs. works well with any flavor of cake.

I like to serve these cakes hot with a topping of Melted chocolate chips and cool whip (works with any flavor chips) It is a recipe PC gave us awhile back. equal parts and micro for 1 minute then stir. Really yummy, fudgy topping.

1. What is stoneware and how does it work in the microwave?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic material that is fired at a very high temperature, making it strong and durable. Its porous nature allows it to evenly distribute heat, making it ideal for use in the microwave.

2. Are there any benefits to using stoneware for making microwave cakes?

Yes, stoneware is a great option for making microwave cakes because it helps to create a moist and evenly baked cake. It also adds a unique texture and flavor to the cake.

3. What kind of stoneware is best for making microwave cakes?

The best type of stoneware for making microwave cakes is a fluted pan. This type of pan allows for even heat distribution and helps to create a decorative shape for the cake.

4. Do you have any recipe recommendations for microwave cakes in stoneware?

Yes, there are many great recipes available for microwave cakes in stoneware. You can find recipes for chocolate, vanilla, fruit, and even savory cakes. Experiment with different flavors and find your favorite!

5. Is it safe to use stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the microwave as long as it is labeled as microwave-safe. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and care of the stoneware to ensure safety and longevity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ms_twana