• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Start Your Own Catalog Show: Turn Sales into Sweet Treats!

In summary, teachers generally find catalogs and sales helpful in procuring new items or ideas for their classroom. Some teachers also set up their own catalog shows to increase sales and interest. If no shows are happening near you, consider organizing a show in a clear sleeve binder with attractive eye-catching items to get the word out about upcoming fundraisers, bridal showers, theme shows, and more.
leannvv
I'm a high school teacher and we constantly have someone dropping off catalogs and items for sale or order.
Anyway- we've had Southern Living, Playful Palate, book sales, candle sales and the Avon lady comes every week.
So- if you are looking for a new outlet, you might set up your own catalog show and drop it by your local school's faculty lounge. To sweeten the deal, you could make treats.

Thanks for the idea!

So with so many catalogs floating around, do the teachers actually buy?

I'm also a teacher and we have catalogs floating around our lounge too, but mostly from teachers! One teacher is a Mary Kay consultant and another is a Tastefully Simple consultant, then the Avon Lady (not a teacher) comes every week and of course, there's me with Pampered Chef! I just leave a catalog on the table at all times and then I put the monthly special in it each month. I don't set it up as a catalog show...I just take thier orders when they want something and add it on an open show. It works for me because I often get orders from them but not all at the same time so I never have enough to make its own catalog show. And my coworkers are happy that they can order any time without going to or having a show and they don't have to pay direct shipping charges! I just make sure I put it on a show in the area so its easy for the host to get their items to me and I bring them to work!!

Since they are spread out a bit, it seems like there is decent interest. My building has over 100 employees, so you would certainly get enough for a catalog show.
If not, a good way to get your cards and name out there.

I work at a middle school and this year I had a catalog show before I joined PC. Anyway, I had a catalog show for about $400. I have also had friends at work do catalog shows and so far I have had about 5 employees order 3-4 times since I joined in Nov.

I have been thinking about asking my SIL to do that for me, but I guess I am just waiting for her to offer since she has moved to a bigger school!?

I'm not at a very big school, but good luck! My principal is kinda against "selling" at school. So we do it on the down side, but if I could advertise it then I could get a lot. I do have alot of teachers coming to me wanting to order something so that helps too. Good luck!

I just recently asked my neighbor, who is the school secretary, if I could put some books and info in the lounge.
She told me yes,
But I just don't know what to put in there.
Like you said,
I don't want it to just be another catalog laying around in the lounge.
Are there any attractions for them?
What about putting something in a clear sleeve binder w/ something eye catching and then announce about fundraisers, bridal showers, theme shows, etc.?

Another consultant in my cluster does a show for a specific teacher every November. He puts together some catalogs, oof's, a small treat and a few handy tools for teachers to have at school - micro cooker, apple wedger, bar board, etc. He collects orders this way and then closes the night of the show. He has been very successful with this.

I used to be a teacher (and will be again when my girls are in school full time), and I have had a lot of success lately with after-school shows in the teacher's lounge or a classroom. Since it's right after school (usually 3:45), everyone can drop by to get a bite to eat and place an order. I have had no fewer than six guests at each of these shows. If you can do it that way, it's really terrific. Plus, it's great for the host because he or she doesn't have to clean house--just tidy up the lounge a bit (or not...)!

My mom is a elementary school nurse she ends up with about 5 or 6 catalog show a year for me ! She is always posting guest specials and host specials for me the teachers at her school love it ! I just submited a show for her today acually !

My sister is a teacher and she is Hosting one of my first shows. She said she was going to bring a catalog to work and leave it for the other teachers to look at. I'm hoping it works out.

Donna

What is a catalog show?

A catalog show is a way for you to host a party and invite your friends and family to browse and order products from our catalog. It's a convenient and fun way to get together and shop for Pampered Chef items without leaving your home.

How do I start my own catalog show?

Starting your own catalog show is easy! Simply contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to sign up. Your consultant will provide you with a host packet and all the necessary information to get started.

What are the benefits of hosting a catalog show?

Hosting a catalog show comes with many benefits. You can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from your show. You also get the chance to introduce your friends and family to our amazing products, all while earning rewards for yourself.

Can I earn rewards from hosting a catalog show?

Yes, you can earn rewards in the form of free and discounted products by hosting a catalog show. The more sales your show generates, the more rewards you can earn. It's a great way to get your hands on your favorite Pampered Chef products at a discounted price or for free.

How long does a catalog show last?

The length of a catalog show can vary, but typically it lasts for 1-2 weeks. This gives your friends and family enough time to browse the catalog and place their orders. Your consultant will provide you with specific dates for your show and can work with you to extend the length if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
janezapchef