• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stainless Steel Lovers! Help Me Make a Decision!

In summary, the SS Lover is struggling with whether or not to buy the 12 inch covered skillet because it is a great deal, but their finances are saying no. They also have a question about whether or not the 10 inch lid from the executive would work to cover the 10-inch saute pan. There is also a suggestion to get the SS 10 inch saute pan for free.
MissChef
Gold Member
I have a question for the SS Lovers! I have a past host who can't afford a skillet for my very last catalog show going in for Sepember and she told me to use it!:D I am a little low on funds too but I am struggling with my decision here because the 12 inch covered ss skillet is such a great deal! But my finances are saying "no, get the 10 inch! I do have some money in my savings I could transfer, but I keep going back and forth!!!
Help!!! Is it worth it to get the 12 inch?? I'm not much of a SS lover but.... for some of those recipes, I can see where that pan would be a benefit! Also, looking from it as a sales rep, do you take it to shows and promote it???? I'm just soo confused~!!!! So another question is can I use a 10-inch lid from the executive on my ss pan or is it best to just buck up and buy the 12 inch covered one!!! Help!! :eek: :eek: I need to make this decision today, so that I can submit this show!!
TIA! I have to go out for the morning but I will be checking in this afternoon! Any advice would help!

I would go with the 12" because you can do all the 10" recipes in the 12", but not vice versa. Plus, showing the 12" is much more of an impact and you can do skillet cakes.

Do skillet cakes work in the stainless, I figured they would stick more or I thought you'd have to use a lot of oil!
Anyone else????? There has to be more opinions :sing: than just one!
And thanks cmdtrgd, I appreciate the advice!:)

12" - definitely the 12"

There is a HUGE difference in 2 inches, trust me. I know I know it sounds dirty, but I AM talking about the pan!!! Definitely get the 12!!! It is worth it!

There is a skillet cake made especially for the stainless. Most of the other skillet cakes will not work in the stainless steel.

Personally, If you already have a 12" Executive Skillet, I would get the 10". This gives you more versatility in showing the different sizes at shows.

Smashie said:
There is a HUGE difference in 2 inches, trust me. I know I know it sounds dirty, but I AM talking about the pan!!! Definitely get the 12!!! It is worth it!
ROTFLMBO!!! :eek: :eek: You know I was thinking it!!:D :blushing: ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Personally, If you already have a 12" Executive Skillet, I would get the 10". This gives you more versatility in showing the different sizes at shows.
Hmmmmmm....... you bring up a good point!
Does anyone know if the 10 inch lid from the executive would work to cover the 10-inch saute pan:confused: , you know for those few dishes that need the lid!????

I don't have room for another 12" skillet. I would love to get the SS 10" saute pan.

Buy the 12 inch and get the 10 inch with pan-o-rama for freeeee! I'm a problem solver!! :) If you have more points then vice versa.

Related to Stainless Steel Lovers! Help Me Make a Decision!

1. What are the benefits of using stainless steel cookware?

Stainless steel cookware is known for its durability and longevity, as it is resistant to rust, corrosion, and stains. It also provides even heat distribution, making it great for cooking a variety of dishes. Additionally, stainless steel is non-reactive, so it won't affect the taste or color of your food.

2. Is stainless steel cookware safe to use?

Yes, stainless steel cookware is safe to use. It does not contain any harmful chemicals or toxins, and it is non-porous, so it won't leach any harmful substances into your food. However, be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper usage and care.

3. How do I clean stainless steel cookware?

To clean stainless steel cookware, use a mild dish soap and warm water. You can also use a non-abrasive cleaner or a mixture of baking soda and water for tougher stains. Avoid using harsh scrubbers or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the surface of the cookware.

4. Can stainless steel cookware be used on all stovetops?

Most stainless steel cookware is safe to use on all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, it's always best to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure compatibility with your specific stovetop.

5. How do I choose the right stainless steel cookware for me?

When choosing stainless steel cookware, consider your cooking needs, budget, and preferred features. Look for cookware with a heavy bottom for even heat distribution, riveted handles for stability, and a high-quality grade of stainless steel for durability. You may also want to consider purchasing a set that includes various sizes and types of pots and pans for versatility in your cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • NOLA RN
  • Products and Tips