• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

St. Louis in Turmoil: AB and In-Bev Deal Signals Major Changes Ahead

:(That's alright... I'm sorry about all that. I can relate a tiny bit because Ford closed down our S-10 plant earlier this year... I helped a couple of Ford employees get home loans right before they lost their jobs. Thankfully they got big severances so they'd be able to keep their homes. But- it is still very sad. I pray everything works out for you and St. Louis
Kattyschack
Gold Member
St. Louis will now become a ......
Ghost town
AB just signed a deal with In-Bev so watch for all the Busch Gardens and Sea Worlds to start closing down as well as all the bars in St. Louis. This is going to get very interesting....:mad:

Who is AB, or what is AB?

I'm not familiar with the back-story here - can you post a link to a news story? I would be interested to know more. Thanks!

Anheuser-Busch?

Kitchen Diva said:
Who is AB, or what is AB?

I'm guessing it's Anheuser-Busch, since she mentioned Busch Gardens?

Last edited:
ACK! We live 45 minutes from Busch Gardens Williamsburg and would HATE to see anything bad happen to our theme park!

Yes it's Anhaueser-Busch and we have a facility here in NH. I fear of the closing because a lot of people work there and have for a lot of years :(

cathyskitchen said:
I'm guessing it's Anheuiser-Busch, since she mentioned Busch Gardens?

Ahhh- I'm so lost when it comes to that stuff. I'm sorry that it will turn St Louis into a ghost town. I went there on Choir Tour my Sophomore year, and we got to sing in a cathedral- Oh my! How cool was that? And I got to go up in the Mork from Ork Egg up to the top of the Arch! Amazing!!!

cathyskitchen said:
I'm not familiar with the back-story here - can you post a link to a news story? I would be interested to know more. Thanks!

me, too!

STL won't be a ghost town....alot of folks I know just transferred there with the Wachovia Securities move! There are more than a few of my friends out there now!

Here's a news story from the WSJ that I found on it: http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/category/the-deal/inbev-anheuser-busch/

Kitchen Diva said:
DIANE!!!! I miss you! :) nice to see you!

Hi Kacey - I miss you, too. It's good to be on for a little bit catching up!

I just thought, hmmmmm what a great recruiting possibility huh? Going to have to work the job fairs now LOL

It may not be a complete ghost town but this will sure take us off the map and cause a lot of uprooting of families due to lose of jobs. InBev has already stated they want to close the St. Louis plant and so many business here are only going strong b/c of it. This is not a good thing for us in any way.

AB is Anheuser Busch. Sorry, I am so use to always calling it AB.

Kattyschack said:
AB is Anheuser Busch. Sorry, I am so use to always calling it AB.

That's alright... I'm sorry about all that. I can relate a tiny bit because Ford closed down our S-10 plant earlier this year... I helped a couple of Ford employees get home loans right before they lost their jobs. Thankfully they got big severances so they'd be able to keep their homes. But- it is still very sad. I pray everything works out for you and St. Louis

Here's another news story from Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/markets/emergingmarkets/2008/07/11/inbev-anheuser-talks-update-markets-equity-cx_je_mlm_0711markets34.html

WOW, Cathy! You are on top of it!Kasey, Thanks honey! I have several family members who work for AB and were told if there was a take-over, they would lose their job ;-(Our Ford plant closed last year (I think it was then) and now part of our Chrysler plant is closing too.

The microbrewers are the only American breweries now. :(

I saw that on the news. That really makes me sad. Such an American Icon going to the Belgiums.

Related to St. Louis in Turmoil: AB and In-Bev Deal Signals Major Changes Ahead

1. What is "Well, It's Official..."?

"Well, It's Official..." is a line of products from Pampered Chef that includes kitchen tools and gadgets designed to make meal prep and cooking easier and more efficient.

2. What types of products are included in the "Well, It's Official..." line?

The "Well, It's Official..." line includes a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets such as knives, measuring cups and spoons, cutting boards, and food storage containers.

3. Are the products in this line made with high-quality materials?

Yes, all of the products in the "Well, It's Official..." line are made with high-quality materials that are durable and long-lasting.

4. Can I purchase "Well, It's Official..." products individually or do I have to buy a set?

You can purchase "Well, It's Official..." products individually or in sets, depending on your needs and preferences.

5. Are the products in this line dishwasher safe?

Most of the products in the "Well, It's Official..." line are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies