• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can You Make a Sit-Down Show Interactive and Engaging?

the Chicken & Ribs & Pork in just minutes. That stone is amazing – but there’s more, so let’s stick with it.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have an interactive show tomorrow and I'm trying to decide how to have some fun during the sit down segment and show wrap up. Any ideas? My last ones I felt self-conscious that I was boring and trying to hard at convincing them to book a show. The group tomorrow all just attended a tupperware party and hated the lecture format that the consultant used. They were bored and were not excited to be there. Doing the interactive part I know how to do and I think they'll enjoy being involved. But the second part is where I struggle.

Do you use the booking coupons that are on here? You could use those and get the host involved and visuals usually work better?

Also, you may want to take the current and upcoming host specials. That way they can see and you can pass around.

Just be very up front at the beginning about what is going to happen.1. everyone go wash your hands
2. we're going to get to play with our food and make our recipe together so you can try out the tools for yourself.
3. we'll grab a plate and go sit
4. I'll take 10 more minutes of your time to go over housekeeping, our specials, and have a drawing for prizesThat way they know what is going on! What are you talking about during the wrap up? How else are you talking about bookings throughout your show? You should be talking about it at least three times---once in your intro, at least once while you're doing the recipe, and then once more at closing as they're filling out their slip.

DebbieJ said:
Just be very up front at the beginning about what is going to happen.

1. everyone go wash your hands
2. we're going to get to play with our food and make our recipe together so you can try out the tools for yourself.
3. we'll grab a plate and go sit
4. I'll take 10 more minutes of your time to go over housekeeping, our specials, and have a drawing for prizes

That way they know what is going on! What are you talking about during the wrap up? How else are you talking about bookings throughout your show? You should be talking about it at least three times---once in your intro, at least once while you're doing the recipe, and then once more at closing as they're filling out their slip.

I guess that's where I'm unsure of myself. I'm making the Warm, Nutty, Caramel brownies. I am going to watch the interactive show DVD again and see how the girl, I can't remember her name, does it.

Diffidently try the booking coupons. I have found this is working great because it's a visual (better than just talking about the program) and I involve the Host and she reacts with smiles etc.
I also have been playing Queen of the Shoppers which everyone seems to have fun with.

PCJen said:
Diffidently try the booking coupons. I have found this is working great because it's a visual (better than just talking about the program) and I involve the Host and she reacts with smiles etc.
I also have been playing Queen of the Shoppers which everyone seems to have fun with.

Sorry, I'm a newbee.....but what is "Queen of the Shoppers"

That's OK....Welcome to PC and CS!

It's a rhyming game. You start the game by giving a prize to the first person that arrived at the show (first rhyme in the game) then you read the rhymes to the guests and they yell out the page number. The first person to yell out the correct page number gets the prize but the prize may be "won" by the next person that yells out the correct page number to the next rhyme and so on. The person who has the prize at the end of the game is the winner and gets to keeps the prize.

I have attached it for you. The page numbers after each rhyme is the answer, don't give those away when you read the rhymes.:D It's very fun to see the guests get so competitive with this.

Attachments

• Queen Of Shoppers Spring and Summer 2008.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 220
Oh I love this -- thanks so much!

I did have one question though -- I don't understand this one:

Chicken & Ribs & Pork in just minutes. That stone is amazing – but there’s more, so let’s stick with it. Pg 15

What are they finding on page 15?

IAmChefJ said:

Chicken & Ribs & Pork in just minutes. That stone is amazing – but there’s more, so let’s stick with it. Pg 15

I have to admit I don't know for sure either. I did not make this up it has been shared many times on here for each new season with out page numbers (Thank You to whoever started this). I added the page numbers myself. I am thinking it is the BBQ Skewer Set, but not sure. This was a hard one to figure out. If anyone knows for sure please let us know. Thanks.

IAmChefJ said:

This would be referring to the Deep Covered Baker since we use it to make the 30 minute Chicken and the 10 min tenderloin and 20 minute ribs. Is that on page 15? I'm in Canada so my catalogue is different.

Okay I just read the QOTS again and yes, it's referring to the product before it and it's just a little 'pause' before you continue on.

So it's New Sheet Pans, Deep Covered Baker, then the Pinch Bowl set etc.

Does that make sense?

kcjodih said:
This would be referring to the Deep Covered Baker since we use it to make the 30 minute Chicken and the 10 min tenderloin and 20 minute ribs. Is that on page 15? I'm in Canada so my catalogue is different.

Duh...I think I get it. It was just a twist to repeat the same answer twice. Nothing like sticking it right in my face Chicken & Ribs & Pork in just minutes. That stone is amazing Boy, I feel like an idiot.:blushing::eek: Hey your picture looks like it's laughing at me. That's not funny....I'm going to go hide now. LOL

So the page 15 shouldn't be there?

PCJen said:
That's OK....Welcome to PC and CS!

It's a rhyming game. You start the game by giving a prize to the first person that arrived at the show (first rhyme in the game) then you read the rhymes to the guests and they yell out the page number. The first person to yell out the correct page number gets the prize but the prize may be "won" by the next person that yells out the correct page number to the next rhyme and so on. The person who has the prize at the end of the game is the winner and gets to keeps the prize.

I have attached it for you. The page numbers after each rhyme is the answer, don't give those away when you read the rhymes.:D It's very fun to see the guests get so competitive with this.

How long does it take to play? Is it usually intended for regular shows? Will it make my interactive show too long if I do this after the recipe has been prepared and is in the oven?

No I don't think it takes to long. I don't hold off reading the next rhyme after someone one calls out the correct page number. This makes it more challenging and keeps them listening even when they are laughing and having fun.

I've played it at both types of shows. I have found that with interactive shows I am getting a lot of people that don't want to help with the recipe so they go off and visit and want catalogs to look at. So the game will help them get involved with the party so they don't feel left out.

IAmChefJ said:
So the page 15 shouldn't be there?

Yep. It should be page 46 then. The page numbers are the answers to the rhymes, so when a guest calls it out you can tell if they are right or not.

Okay... I'm the one who created the S/S08 Queen of the Shoppers -- unless the one posted has been doctored.
It was the Deep Covered Baker. I didn't put pg numbers b/c I'm in Canada & our catalog ios different than the US version.The game takes maybe 5 minutes to play.There is a new updated version for F/W on here that I did too. I think the thread was for the S/S version, but someone asked for an update.
For the new one (F/W)... I will warn you that I don't have any catalogs yet (Cdn changeover shipped this week) so I have no idea if the products as dispersed throughout the catalog very well at all. If they are not, I will amend the game as soon as I get my catalogs.

I found the new one.... I'll try to post it

Attachments

• Queen of the Shoppers FW08.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 254
Thank You so much for doing these. Guests sure have fun with it. And again thanks for keeping it updated for all of us here too.

heather223 said:
Do you use the booking coupons that are on here? You could use those and get the host involved and visuals usually work better?

Also, you may want to take the current and upcoming host specials. That way they can see and you can pass around.

I just printed them off. So what's the best way to use them? I am planning on bringing the host and guest specials and talking about them at both the interactive part of the show and the ending.

1. How can I make my Pampered Chef show more interactive?

One great way to make your show more interactive is to incorporate games or activities into the wrap up portion. This not only keeps guests engaged, but also adds an element of fun to the show.

2. Can you provide some examples of interactive show ideas?

Sure! Some ideas include a blind taste test game, a recipe scavenger hunt, or a cooking challenge where guests have to recreate a dish using Pampered Chef products.

3. How do I get guests to participate in these interactive show ideas?

You can encourage participation by offering small prizes or incentives for winners of the games. You can also make the activities a team effort, so guests feel more comfortable participating.

4. Do these interactive show ideas require a lot of preparation?

Not necessarily. Many of the ideas can be easily incorporated into your current show without much extra preparation. However, if you want to plan a more elaborate game or activity, you may need some extra time to prepare.

5. Will these interactive show ideas work for all types of guests?

Yes, these ideas can be adapted to fit different types of guests. For example, if you have a group of guests who are not as comfortable with cooking, you can choose simpler activities that still incorporate the products and make the show fun for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • PChefPEI