• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Can Get Them to Interact, but How to I Get Them to Listen for a Minute?

In summary, the conversation discusses different approaches to hosting a successful Pampered Chef party, specifically in regards to keeping the guests' attention and effectively showcasing the products. The first speaker mentions a YouTube video they watched, which sparked a question about getting guests to calm down and pay attention during the party. The second speaker suggests finding a time during the party to talk about the products, such as during a break or while eating. The third speaker shares their success with an interactive style of party, where they jump in while guests are eating and only cover key points about the products. The fourth speaker also mentions using a break in the cooking to showcase products, and offers tips for getting guests' attention. The fifth speaker reflects on their own personality and how it affects
BlueMoon
I was watching a you tube video, "house chick take 2" on the chicken your way show (thanks to Noora for sharing it).

it's a great video, but it brought up a real question for me and my sweetie, tho. I can't imagine getting my parties to calm down enough to pay attention to me while I am showing all that, maybe the cooking part, but the 3 ways to get it and the power tools? I can't even explain the ticket game or using cards to make a poker hand.

My shows have been really interactive, I recruit people as they come in and put them to work. It's fun, everyone has a good time, but it is sort of chaotic. it's hard for me to even explain how to fill out their orders. How do you get them back for long enough to listen to that bit?

It's not a matter of confidence, I am fine speaking to a group, but it's usually in a class or a meeting at work where that's the norm. Just not sure how to regain the floor and keep it fun.

Thanks for any help you can give

The type of interactive show may mean that you have to find another way to talk about those feature and benefit kind of things. Once you've finished cooking, do you gather the ladies in another area to tell them about specials? If you do, you could use that time to point out a few of these things. Start out by asking about what were the favorite tools anyone used, and what they learned and such, and then take the opportunity to talk about those things when they mention a specific product.

From the video it appears that Robin does a much more traditional style show. Her guests sit in their chairs while she does a presentation. That means she starts out with an introduction at the beginning of her show which signals to the guests that it's time to start paying attention. With your style of show (which there is nothing wrong with), there isn't the same kind of a distinction.

It may take some practice and experimentation to find what works best.

I do the fully interactive shows. I don't expect to have their attention for very long, so as soon as they get food in their mouths I jump in while they are all quiet. I just do the booking/recruiting slide & cover the monthly specials ... explain the shipping restrictions for being on a military base in Japan & then announce that we are going to do a door prize drawing. That's pretty much all I expect out of them. Because it's interactive & they are constantly chatting with me about tools that they are touching, I don't do a whole "demo" on the products. So far, it works for me. According to my "Performance Details" page on Consultant Connection, my year-to-date average for Cooking Shows is $811.86.

I have the early birds help me prep. Then we step back and I do introductions and most of my sharing, then we go back to finishing the recipes. At that point I show everyone the benefits/features of the key products being used (I have had people say they didn't get to see some of them because they were working on other things), then we finish the recipe, do the ticket game and door prize drawing slip (before you have your plate and have to juggle) and then they eat and I do orders.

When I've had a roudy group I'll say: "You guys are obviously a fun group and love being together! Just give me a few minutes to tell you some key things and then it's all party." When I get to the ticket game I always get their attention again because THEY are asking the question and their friends want to hear the answers.

I am a type A all eyes on me personality so Robin is right up my ally. I make the recipe, I explain the products, I do offer for anyone to come try the tools but I am in charge....

The beauty of Pampered Chef is everyone finds their niche and runs with it.

On the Cooking in Action video, Jillian Grant is my gal!

I love the idea of interactive, but it does not fit my personality.

You have to find the way to separate them from what they just did to all eyes on you.

CK

1. How can I get my audience to listen to me during a presentation?

One effective way to get your audience to listen is to engage them with interactive activities or questions. This will keep their attention and make them more likely to listen to what you have to say.

2. What are some techniques for keeping my audience engaged and attentive?

Aside from interactive activities, other techniques include using visual aids, varying your tone and volume, and telling stories or anecdotes to make your presentation more interesting and relatable.

3. How can I ensure that my audience remembers the information I present?

Repetition is key in helping your audience retain information. Consider summarizing key points throughout your presentation and asking for audience participation to reinforce the information.

4. What do I do if my audience is not listening or paying attention?

If you notice that your audience is not listening, try to re-engage them by asking a question or using a visual aid. You can also try changing the pace or format of your presentation to regain their attention.

5. How can I create a more interactive and engaging presentation for my audience?

Incorporating activities, demonstrations, and group discussions are great ways to make your presentation more interactive. You can also use technology, such as polling or quizzes, to get your audience involved and interested.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • beckster42
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies