• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spice Up Your Cooking Show with Humor - Tips and Tricks from the Experts!

I am not perfect...I am a Pampered Chef and we are NOT perfect chefs...but we are the PERFECT Pampered Chefs!In summary, the Spring Kick Off meeting is approaching in February and the planning committee is seeking ideas on how to incorporate humor into the cooking show. They are asking for suggestions, one-liners, and sayings to make the training more enjoyable. The group of chefs has come up with some creative ideas, such as using the food chopper to release frustration and using the BBQ turner as a sword. They also make jokes about their husbands and the products, such as the scrapers being the "Barbie" of the kitchen. Overall, the chefs are excited to hear more suggestions and are grateful for
Karen
Gold Member
Our Spring Kick Off meeting is fast approaching, eventhough it seems so far away (February).

One topic that has been asked of us in the planning of this meeting is to give some ideas on how to incorporate humor into the cooking show. So, I am asking the experts, do any of you have ideas, "one-liners", suggestions that we can use to incorporate into this training besides saying "just relax and have fun"? Do you have a certain "saying" for certain products that wake up your crowd?

I know some of you are very creative out there. Would love to hear your comments and/or suggestions (and of course, your permission to use the information you provide).

Many thanks again to an awesome group of cheffers! I can't wait to hear your responses.

Even though guests claim that the bamboo spoons make great paddles for their children, that is not considered "normal use" and is not covered under warranty if you break it under those circumstances. ;)Think of who frustrates you ... Hubby, boss, co-worker, etc. Now take out your frustration on that food chopper. Hit it GOOD!!!We are Pampered Chefs, not Perfect Chefs. ;)When I do the booking/recruiting slide and get to the part about getting ME as their personal Pampered Chef Consultant, I do a whole Vanna White hand thing. They always think that is funny.

When making a "goof" I look at someone and say : i didn't have to interview for this job..."

Same as Sheila with the chopper except I tell them to grab them around the neck and pound them on the head!

29 min meals have beat Rachel Ray by 1 min...

loreo said:
29 min meals have beat Rachel Ray by 1 min...

I LOVE it!!

You guys are awesome! Keep them coming. I knew I could count on you.

Many thanks!

Some of these are a little tired, but work!

Attachments

• OneLiners.doc
    24 KB · Views: 435
  • AddingHumorToYourShow.doc
    62 KB · Views: 468
I do use the small collapsible bowl for my door prize drawings, so when I announce "This is our smallest collapsible bowl ... also known as hubby's Ice Cream bowl ..." That one always gets a response!

I also mention that hubby likes to use the large scoop for cookie dough so he can say "but I only had THREE cookies!"

BBQ turner - if it's quiet enough in the room & men are present, I put it down by my left hip, hold the cover with my left hand say THIS is what men like most about our BBQ turner" & (with my right hand) quickly pull the turner from the cover raising it above my right shoulder high in the air. It makes a sword like sound coming out of it's sheath. And they DO love it!

I have 2 that usually get a chuckle -

The first one, when I'm using the food chopper I tell them that it's great when I'm making dinner and the kids are bugging me because I just tell them I can't hear them, go ask Daddy.

The second one is that I actually don't like cooking, but seeing as how I have small children that I am actually legally bound to feed them dinner everyday, I love that PC makes my time spent in the kitchen easier and more productive.

cmcchef said:
The second one is that I actually don't like cooking, but seeing as how I have small children that I am actually legally bound to feed them dinner everyday, I love that PC makes my time spent in the kitchen easier and more productive.

:thumbup: Love this!

I joke when I talk about why I joined the business that there is NO WAY my husband would ever get a second job to bring in some extra income! That always gets some laughs. I then tell them as long as it was me making the choice I was not going to work retail part time and figured PC gave me a good option.

The Scrapers I refer to the Barbie of the products because they are silicone on top and skinny on the bottom.

Oh and I tell my "virgins" that I'll be nice and easy with them (as long as it's the right crowd!!).

I talk about the prep bowls and batter bowls being an a cup, b cup, c cup and d cup. I also put the medium stainless mixing bowl on my head and tell people ( after extolling all of the actual virtues) that if we have an alien invasion anytime soon, I don't even have to make my own tinfoil hat! What a great benefit!

beckyjsmith said:
I talk about the prep bowls and batter bowls being an a cup, b cup, c cup and d cup. !

LOL...I am so stealing this :D

I call the scrapers my "Baywatch Babies" because they are made of silicone:)
Also if I make a mistake I say "You can't fire me you can just talk about me when I leave". This usually gets a big laugh:p

i take my spice turnabout filled with spices to all my shows and let my guests take a whiff, because our catalog is not a scratch & sniff.

When showing the garlic press, I take off the cleaning attachment and say "and this I call Barbie's brush... not only does it do her hair, it can also get the garlic peel out, and help clean the head of the press!"

magentablue said:
When showing the garlic press, I take off the cleaning attachment and say "and this I call Barbie's brush... not only does it do her hair, it can also get the garlic peel out, and help clean the head of the press!"

good one! my friend laurie always says it makes great playdoh "hair" - LOL.

kristina16marie said:
good one! my friend laurie always says it makes great playdoh "hair" - LOL.

I tell my guests "And how do you clean all these little holes in the garlic press? No problem! TPC thinks of everything! "They" say that everything comes back in style or popular every so many years! They are right! TPCeven found one of my many 'My Little Pony' brushes that I lost as a child and figured out how to attach it the garlic press for ease, convenience in cleaning AND peace of mind that you won't lose it like I did."

The room always gets a good uproar. ANd then I say "I know I'm dating myself and you can tell I grew up in the 70s/80s but the fact that you all know what I'm talking about says a lot about you too!" (Then they laugh a 2nd time).

1. How can I incorporate humor into my Pampered Chef shows?

The key to incorporating humor into your shows is to keep it light and natural. You can start by sharing funny personal anecdotes or jokes related to cooking or kitchen products. You can also use humor in your demonstrations and interactions with the audience.

2. Will using humor during my shows make me seem unprofessional?

No, using humor in your shows will actually make you more relatable and personable to your audience. As long as it is appropriate and relevant to your product demonstrations, adding some humor can enhance the overall experience for your guests.

3. What if I'm not naturally funny?

Not everyone is a natural comedian, and that's okay. You don't have to be a stand-up comedian to add humor to your shows. Simply sharing a funny story or using a funny prop can make a big impact. You can also practice and incorporate some lighthearted jokes or puns into your script.

4. Is there a limit to how much humor I should use in my shows?

It's important to find a balance with your use of humor. Too much can be overwhelming and take away from the product demonstrations. Use humor to enhance your shows, not to overpower them. Also, be mindful of your audience and their sense of humor to avoid any potential offense.

5. Can using humor help increase sales during my shows?

Yes, using humor can help create a positive and fun atmosphere, making your guests more likely to enjoy the show and be receptive to your product demonstrations. It can also help break the ice and build a connection with your audience, leading to potential sales and repeat customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
yankeeinontario
  • afwife98439
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
missyciccolella
  • Malinda Klein