• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spending More or Less on Christmas This Year?

In summary, the speaker tries to disarm the guests by telling them about themselves. They also advise the guests to either contact them if they have problems with their products or to share their story, but to start with the speaker.
DebPC
Staff member
Rude Show GuestsHow do you advise your consultants on this?

I try to disarm people before we get started. I say "If you have any problems with your Pampered Chef products, I would be happy to help you. And, if you want to share your story, great! I can use it at my next show. For example, I had a show where a customer told me she hated our salt and pepper grinder. I asked her why and she said that the pepper falls out every time she picks it up. I told her that it was a manufacturing defect and we can get her a new one. (I then go into my spiel on our guarantee) I met with her and saw that she was putting ground pepper into it. So, each time she lifted it up, the ground pepper fell out. It wasn't a manufacturing defect, it was made for pepper corns. So, I get to tell you a funny story and tell you about how to properly use one of our products at the same time!" I will have people tell stories, and I'll be able to explain why something isn't working for them without making them feel uncomfortable.

I always use it as a opportunity to talk about our wonderful warranties.

I let me consultants know that it is going to happen at somepoint and to try to make it into a positive. Sometimes, though, you just have to "know when to fold 'em" and move on!

We're spending about the same. We don't have a lot of people to buy for so the current economic conditions don't affect us much.

I am spending about the same. Unfortunately most has to go on CC's. :yuck:

About the same... we don't buy for adults in the family though (our presence is the gift we give)... just the kiddos... so my 2, my eldest niece's 2... another niece's 1... I think that's it. We try to help my eldest niece though to make sure her kids are covered since she's a single mom and really trying to keep her life on track. BTDT, couldn't have done it without help so we help without asking usually.. *giggle*..

LESS, LESS, LESS... I always go over board! This year I will spend the same on close family but I am not buying for as many people this year. Just can't do it anymore!

I say less now, but will see when it's all said and done? I always use ccs and pay it off by the next years end LOL. I have less people to shop for this year so will see?

Things here are better this year than last year, so we will be buying more. And next year things will be better again so our kids have spoiling in their futures.

LESS! Thankfully!
I "cancelled" Christmas with a few people, so less to buy for. As hard as it was to say to them "hey how about skipping gifts this year?" I think they were relieved too.
Well except for one neighbor friend who we only do ornaments for the kids for, she sounded a bit peeved. OH WELL! We don't bring home $150,000 a year like they do.:)

Well depending on how things go with the Jeep going into the shop tomorrow it may be less.

WAY LESS THIS YEAR! No choice in the matter. We'll all be better off for it though.

I am thinking I will spend a lot less this year

haven't even started yet!

spending less this year, the kids seem to not want so much expensive stuff this year!

I think I will be spending less this year.... My kids are not asking for anything expensive this year!

Just finished this weekend and ended up less than last year whoohooo!
Wait, nope did about the same amount of damage! :(

Just finished????? Yikes, I've barely started! I have most of my out of town shopping done, and some for my kids but not much! People like you freak me out!!!!! I wish I had my stuff together like that, and btw, that is a good freak out, I admire you and envy that about you!

Less - DH just started a new job on Monday, and hadn't been working since first week of September ... we're even on the tree of wishes this year because it's so tight.

We will probably spend about the same. Dh and I always tell each other not to buy anything for each other. But I knida think he is getting a new Ipod.......(wink, wink) and some new video games.

About the same.

I think that I am sprending about the same...sometimes we exchange names but my brother and his wife never put thought into it...they just buy gift cards...I HATE GIFT CARDS...so we stopped exchanging names...I would rather have someone put some thought into a gift...

The great thing about this year however, is that with My Nov and Dec PC comm checks I will be paying everything off except for $200 of it all! Whoohoo, I have never been able to do that before! Thanks PC!

Isn't it awesome Heather? I've paid for all my Christmas on my debit card straight out of my checking account and added nothing to my credit cards. Although I did buy a new stove a couple of weeks ago that I will pay off completely over 2 months. I love not having to add anything to my credit cards - I'm trying to pay them down and PC is definitely helping there!

Gina M said:
Isn't it awesome Heather? I've paid for all my Christmas on my debit card straight out of my checking account and added nothing to my credit cards. Although I did buy a new stove a couple of weeks ago that I will pay off completely over 2 months. I love not having to add anything to my credit cards - I'm trying to pay them down and PC is definitely helping there!

Same here! I love PC!

Related to Spending More or Less on Christmas This Year?

1. How can I stay within my budget while still giving meaningful gifts?

One way to stay within your budget is to create a gift list and set a limit for each person. You can also consider giving homemade or personalized gifts, which can be more meaningful and budget-friendly. Another option is to participate in gift exchanges or secret Santa with family and friends to reduce the number of gifts you need to purchase.

2. Is it better to buy gifts on sale or wait until closer to Christmas?

It depends on the item and your budget. If there is a specific item you know you want to purchase, it may be best to buy it on sale. However, if you have more flexibility with your gifts, waiting until closer to Christmas may allow you to take advantage of last-minute deals and sales.

3. How can I avoid overspending during the holiday season?

One way to avoid overspending is to create a budget and stick to it. You can also use cash instead of credit cards to limit your spending. It's also important to prioritize your spending and focus on what is most important to you and your loved ones.

4. Should I use credit cards to finance my holiday spending?

Using credit cards to finance holiday spending can be risky, as it can lead to high interest rates and debt if not paid off quickly. It's best to use cash or budgeted money to avoid overspending and potential financial stress. However, if you do choose to use credit cards, make sure to have a plan to pay off the balance in a timely manner.

5. What are some ways to save money on holiday decorations?

You can save money on holiday decorations by reusing decorations from previous years, DIYing decorations, or purchasing them on sale after the holiday season. You can also consider using natural elements like pinecones and evergreen branches to decorate, which can be both budget-friendly and eco-friendly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
raebates
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies