• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Someone Invited Me to Their Pampered Chef Party

In summary, Carolyn's friend is hosting a party and she doesn't know whether to go or not because she doesn't want to be rude.
susan g
:eek: :eek: I couldn't believe it today when I got a postcard invite to a PC show for someone in my (fairly) close group of friends-close enough she would be on my list of 40 to invite. I have been a Consultant for just over a year, have successful shows, and I have no idea why she would have the party with someone else. I did call the RSVP # on her card to tell her I wouldn't be coming (and figure out what is going on). She said she forgot I did this until after she sent out the invites. So not true. She is in a group of people that basically supported my business for the first several months and there is no way she forgot. Well, enough venting. My real concern is that my friends and loyal customers will assume when they get invited that this is one of my parties. Several of them only order through me. I don't care if they order from someone else at a party but I wish they knew ahead of time what was going on. What can I do? I don't want to be rude or tacky (even though she was) but this is really bugging me. Any suggestions will be appreciated.:mad:

Ouch! Can you ask one of your mutual friends what the real deal is? I'm sure if people start asking if you're still doing it your friends will tell them you are. Or maybe call people you know are probably on her list and remidn them about the stoneware special, don't mention her party, at least then they'll know you are still doing PC!

PS And if they say "Oh I was planning to order some stoneware at X's party" you can say "Actually another consultant is doing her party" so they know..

Did she ever hosted a show for you? I'm sorry, but how can she forget that you are a PC consultant for over a year!!!:mad:

I would not know how to react? much less give advice....I am in shock for you! If she is a close friend, would it be tacky to ask her to cancel with the original consultant (if they are not close friends, LOL) and if you have that show date open - slide it on your schedule. JEEZ....I am lost for words.

I'd contact all your mutual friends with the stoneware sale this month and do a "catalog mystery" host where everyone gets a ticket for each piece of stoneware they order from you and you'll pick from the tickets to find out who gets the host benefits. This will let all your mutual friends know you are still active and gives them an incentive to order from you as they have a chance to be host without having to do anything other than place an order with you.

I can top that! My SIL had a PC party with another consultant. She didn't invite me so she wouldn't hurt my feelings, but invited everyone else in my family like I wouldn't find out!!? I never asked her why she didn't ask me to do it and frankly I don't care.

Heck - I would go -- I love to see other people do demos - it gives me lots of ideas for my own shows!

I would definetely go! That way you can make sure your customers know that you are still a consultant and still want their business.

Hey Carolyn, did you see that we both have posted 692 times? Wanna race to 700 and get the star? haha.:D

tlennhoff said:
I'd contact all your mutual friends with the stoneware sale this month and do a "catalog mystery" host where everyone gets a ticket for each piece of stoneware they order from you and you'll pick from the tickets to find out who gets the host benefits. This will let all your mutual friends know you are still active and gives them an incentive to order from you as they have a chance to be host without having to do anything other than place an order with you.

That's a very good idea! Getting your name out to your friends and offer them a great incentive at the same time. Some may wonder why you are doing that and others might say oh yeah!

gilliandanielle said:
I can top that! My SIL had a PC party with another consultant. She didn't invite me so she wouldn't hurt my feelings, but invited everyone else in my family like I wouldn't find out!!? I never asked her why she didn't ask me to do it and frankly I don't care.

That's too bad, Gillian! Some people have quite a nerve! Whatever happened to family first?

OUCH!!!!

Do you send a monthly newsletter? If not, you need to start, that will keep your name in front of everyone and next time they wont 'forget' that you are a consultant!

Last edited:
pamperedharriet said:
That's too bad, Gillian! Some people have quite a nerve! Whatever happened to family first?
She knew exactly what she was doing. Got to love in-laws! Everyone was talking about what a horrible thing to do to me behind her back though, LOL!

Gillian - pity orders!!!!!

If it were me I'd "Bless it & release it"
I wouldn't attend so the other guests wouldn't feel uncomfortable.
I also would re- evaluate my business..... had I asked her recently to have a show, have I sent her the specials, emails and current catalog so my name was on her mind ?
As for contacting the other guests before her show.. Would you be contacting the guests anyway this month or is it something you are doing just because? can do that with a clear conscious?
Sorry, I'm proabably THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS FEELING but, I'm used ot being different HA!

Teresa Lynn said:
If it were me I'd "Bless it & release it"
As for contacting the other guests before her show.. Would you be contacting the guests anyway this month or is it something you are doing just because? can do that with a clear conscious?
Sorry, I'm proabably THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS FEELING but, I'm used ot being different HA!

nope i agree with you!

Thanks for your ideas. Luckily, I had sent everyone an email (today before the mail even came!) inviting people to order stoneware and using the idea of the drawing to increase orders. She has never hosted a show with me or even ordered, she has just been on the guest list of many, many parties for which I have been the consultant. I asked her about doing a show last Dec. but nothing recently since I could see no interest at all from her. I really am able to bless and release, I am mainly concerned because I know she is inviting several people who only order from me. They turn down invites to shows where I am not the consultant, host my shows, etc. Because she is in our group, they will think I am doing her show until they get there. I am not comfortable calling them (don't want to ruin her party) and I definitely would not go. I bet her sales are low because they will only order a token amount from her. Hey, at least she's not my sister in law!

I always put my info on the small Avery labels with my name, website, email & phone #. I stick it over the PC website info.
When guests get an invitation if my label isn't there, they know it's not my show and they can then decide if they want to attend or decline!
I jsut signed a friend from my Sunday School class and no one from church will book with her, she is a little diasappointed & I told the others they could host for her too, but they know me and my style and have been loyal for the last 8 years we've lived here.
I told her to ge toutside of the church and look for new leads, there are plenty of kitchens in our small town I haven't been in!

Related to Someone Invited Me to Their Pampered Chef Party

1. What is a Pampered Chef party?

A Pampered Chef party is a cooking demonstration and sales event hosted by a consultant for the Pampered Chef brand. It is an opportunity for guests to learn about and purchase kitchen tools and products, as well as sample recipes and receive cooking tips.

2. Do I have to buy something at the party?

No, there is no obligation to purchase anything at the party. However, there may be special deals and discounts available only during the party, so it is a great opportunity to stock up on high-quality kitchen items.

3. Can I bring a friend to the party?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a friend or family member to the party. The more the merrier! Just make sure to let the host know ahead of time, so they can plan accordingly.

4. What can I expect at a Pampered Chef party?

At a Pampered Chef party, you can expect to see a variety of kitchen tools and products being used in recipe demonstrations. You will also have the opportunity to try out the products and ask any questions you may have. There may also be games and prizes throughout the event.

5. How do I place an order at the party?

You can place an order at the party by filling out an order form provided by the consultant. You can also place an order online through the consultant's personal website. The consultant will be available to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have about the products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
naekelsey
Replies