• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soI Opened My Cabinet This Morning and There Were Ants All Over My

In summary, ants were all over the toaster in April's kitchen, and she is now making calls to get them eliminated. Seven dust seems to work well to get rid of ants, and also helps with fleas.
Chef_2_Four
So I opened my cabinet this morning and there were ants all over my toaster!!:eek: I was so mad! I have never had ants there before! Usually when we get them it is when Wesley decides not to weed eat and they come in our bedroom (have no idea why), but when he does weed eat every week no problem with them! So needless to say I will be scrubbing my kitchen while making CC calls!!

I HATE ants! We have them every summer. I finally got an service to come out once a month because I would get so upset at having to clean up.

Something my mom has always said to do was sprinkle the area, such as a edges of the cabinet with chili powder, it worked for her.

We used to have one. My mother in law paid for them to do ours, hers and their rental place (we are all on the same property). The first company we found out was watering down their stuff so they had to come out every 2 weeks, and then they started harassing her, and we got someone else and they sucked because we still saw bugs all the time. They only sprayed on the outside!? Then the last people were to expensive. For the trailer which is like 1000 sq ft they wanted $80! For my house they wanted over $100 so we havent had anyone in awhile. Any suggestions?

When we've had ants, we usually get the "Bait" style traps at the hardware/home store. The ants carry it back to the nest, which helps kill the whole colony. They look like little plastic discs with holes ("doorways") for the ants to get in and out.

Hi April!

We have dealt with the little black ants for two years. My husband began using seven dust outside all around the house and applies it after rain. He told me it is not expensive. It has made a huge difference!

Lisa

chefann said:
When we've had ants, we usually get the "Bait" style traps at the hardware/home store. The ants carry it back to the nest, which helps kill the whole colony. They look like little plastic discs with holes ("doorways") for the ants to get in and out.

Those do work well here in MI - but having lived in SC for 5 yrs, I can say that ants in MI and ants down in that area are 2 different problems! And Roaches! Yuck! I definitely don't miss all the creepy crawlies I had to contend with down there!

ChefLisa said:
Hi April!

We have dealt with the little black ants for two years. My husband began using seven dust outside all around the house and applies it after rain. He told me it is not expensive. It has made a huge difference!

Lisa

We used to use seven dust, not sure why my husband quit doing it, I guess he is to busy with school! I may have to go get a bag. I know it helps with fleas and such too.

Related to soI Opened My Cabinet This Morning and There Were Ants All Over My

1. How do I get rid of ants in my kitchen cabinets?

To get rid of ants in your kitchen cabinets, start by cleaning the affected area with a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water. This will help eliminate any scent trails that the ants may be following. Next, sprinkle cinnamon or black pepper around the cabinets, as ants are repelled by these spices. You can also try using ant baits or traps specifically designed for indoor use. Finally, make sure to properly seal any food containers and fix any leaks or cracks that may be attracting the ants.

2. Why are there ants in my cabinets?

Ants are attracted to sources of food and water, so it's likely that they have found a food source in your cabinets. This could be crumbs, spills, or unsealed food containers. They may also be entering through cracks or gaps in the cabinets. Make sure to thoroughly clean and seal any potential food sources to prevent future infestations.

3. Can ants in my cabinets make me sick?

While most household ants are not harmful to humans, they can contaminate food and surfaces with bacteria as they crawl around. This can lead to foodborne illnesses, so it's important to get rid of them as soon as possible and maintain proper hygiene in your kitchen.

4. How can I prevent ants from coming back?

To prevent ants from coming back, it's important to keep your kitchen clean and free of crumbs and spills. Make sure to properly seal all food containers and regularly check for leaks or cracks in your cabinets. You can also use a natural ant repellent, such as peppermint oil or citrus peels, to deter them from entering your cabinets.

5. Should I use chemical sprays to get rid of ants in my cabinets?

Chemical sprays can be effective in getting rid of ants, but they can also be harmful to humans and pets. It's important to use caution when using these products and follow the instructions carefully. If possible, try using natural or less toxic methods to get rid of ants before resorting to chemical sprays.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
Replies