• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soGreg, What Ended up to Be the Problem?

In summary, the servers crashed for a whole day, causing technical users to inquire about what happened. It was discovered that the server was down and had to be rebooted the next day. Some users joked about the incident and mentioned that they were able to access other websites. One user mentioned that they have a fast internet connection and another joked about being a "techie nerd." Another user mentioned that they knew about technology due to their previous job and joked about giving someone a hard time.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
So Greg, what crashed your servers the other day for almost a WHOLE day?

Inquiring technical minds want to know... :)

What she really means, Greg is those such as myself that are addicted to CS want to know what happened?!?!:D

Yez....you can't put us through that kind of trauma and then not EXPLAIN! :)
We're a bunch of junkies around here!

It was pretty funny how people were jonesing for their CS fix. I had 7 comments on my personal blog asking me what was up. (As if I know how to fix it, or could have done anything from Leadership anyway!)

chefann said:
It was pretty funny how people were jonesing for their Chef Success fix. I had 7 comments on my personal blog asking me what was up. (As if I know how to fix it, or could have done anything from Leadership anyway!)

Really:eek:
LOL, but Ann YOU KNOW EVERYTHING!! If you can't fix it we are all really screwed:D

My theory is that the server was down, since Living Female and DCS were all down as well.

chefann said:
It was pretty funny how people were jonesing for their Chef Success fix. I had 7 comments on my personal blog asking me what was up. (As if I know how to fix it, or could have done anything from Leadership anyway!)

See... that is what you get from accurately answering all of our questions so quickly all the time! We just expect you to know it all!

I thought it was to keep us from posting about all the Leadership announcements!

Something hung up, just had to reboot the server, but I was out of town all that day so I couldn't get to the server till early the next morning. :(

Admin Greg said:
Something hung up, just had to reboot the server, but I was out of town all that day so I couldn't get to the server till early the next morning. :(

You've got to teach mom how to reboot! :D

janetupnorth said:
LOL!! Or one of us!!! LOL!! I thought I was going to have a coronary without you all.

chefkristin said:
LOL!! Or one of us!!! LOL!! I thought I was going to have a coronary without you all.

I really don't think Greg will trust us to remote into his servers. ;) :angel:

Anyway, on the topic of this...I just hit quote to reply to this and it hung quite a bit before the box came up...it was transferring data from Google Analytics.

Just a FYI - I'm currently going out on 3 bonded T-1s so I know it isn't connection speed here.

janetupnorth said:
Just a FYI - I'm currently going out on 3 bonded T-1s so I know it isn't connection speed here.
huh? :confused: That must be techie-nerd-speak of some sort :rolleyes:

pamperedlinda said:
sad part is that I understand, and I am so not a techie nerd!!!! That would be my hubby!!! I worked for a telephone system company years ago, it's the job I left for PC! When my hubby was on strike here in WA with Kaiser Aluminum, I got him work at my company and now he is the #2 boss at his company and it is the tele-communication field..... so Janet's comment made sense to me but I could see why most people would look at that statement and say WHAT?!:confused:

Last edited:
janetupnorth said:
Wasn't Mom at leadership? That's what I heard anyway!

*cough*nerd*cough*:D

pamperedlinda said:

Yeah, that...

I was just describing what connection speed I had so he knew the delay wasn't (or shouldn't be) waiting on my end...

Some types of connections:

Dial-up (56K if lucky)
Satellite
Hi-speed Cable
DSL
ISDN
T-1 - phone lines in companies usually - very fast as long as the company isn't overusing the bandwidth which I know we are not and I know we don't have a server or firewall hindering.

A bonded T-1 just means we have 3 T-1s working together.

chefann said:
*cough*nerd*cough*

:D

Birds of a feather... ;)

Of course, you'd show up on this thread Ann. :D

MissChef said:
Wasn't Mom at leadership? That's what I heard anyway!

She was at least online around that time... :)

Thanks for the techie-nerd lesson Janet. I actually sorta knew what you were talking about - just wanted to give you a hard time. I used to work for a very large bank here in Atlanta and worked very closely with our tech teams so I kinda knew what you were referring to.

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks for the techie-nerd lesson Janet. I actually sorta knew what you were talking about - just wanted to give you a hard time. I used to work for a very large bank here in Atlanta and worked very closely with our tech teams so I kinda knew what you were referring to.

*cough*nerdwannabe*cough* :rolleyes:

janetupnorth said:
Yeah, that...

I was just describing what connection speed I had so he knew the delay wasn't (or shouldn't be) waiting on my end...

Some types of connections:

Dial-up (56K if lucky)
Satellite
Hi-speed Cable
DSL
ISDN
T-1 - phone lines in companies usually - very fast as long as the company isn't overusing the bandwidth which I know we are not and I know we don't have a server or firewall hindering.

A bonded T-1 just means we have 3 T-1s working together.

Oh, of course....thanks for clearing that up for us, Janet!:rolleyes:

janetupnorth said:
*cough*nerdwannabe*cough* :rolleyes:
I could never be the nerds that you and Ann are.....I can dream though :love: At least ya'll are my friends and that's good enough for me :love: ;)

No- I didn't go this year. I sure am having fun reading about it though!

We missed you, Deb. What wave are you for National this summer? And will you be able to join us in Denver next year?

Related to soGreg, What Ended up to Be the Problem?

1. What is "SoGreg, What Ended up to Be the Problem?"

"SoGreg, What Ended up to Be the Problem?" is a popular cooking tool from Pampered Chef. It is a multi-functional device that can be used for chopping, blending, and pureeing ingredients to make delicious recipes.

2. How does "SoGreg, What Ended up to Be the Problem?" work?

The "SoGreg, What Ended up to Be the Problem?" has a powerful motor and sharp blades that allow it to quickly and efficiently chop, blend, and puree ingredients. Simply add your desired ingredients, secure the lid, and press the desired speed button to start the device.

3. Is "SoGreg, What Ended up to Be the Problem?" easy to clean?

Yes, "SoGreg, What Ended up to Be the Problem?" is designed for easy cleaning. The blades and bowl are dishwasher safe, and the base can be wiped down with a damp cloth. It is recommended to clean the device immediately after use to prevent food from drying and becoming difficult to remove.

4. Can I use "SoGreg, What Ended up to Be the Problem?" to make hot soups or sauces?

No, "SoGreg, What Ended up to Be the Problem?" is not suitable for making hot soups or sauces. The device is not designed to handle hot liquids and could cause damage if used for this purpose. It is recommended to let hot ingredients cool before using the device.

5. What is the warranty for "SoGreg, What Ended up to Be the Problem?"

At Pampered Chef, we stand behind our products and offer a one-year guarantee for "SoGreg, What Ended up to Be the Problem?". If you experience any issues with your device, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
Chefstover2
  • bbauman07
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg