• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Snow Day Adventures: McDonalds and Ice Cream?

In summary, everyone gets to shovel here. There's time to play, too. And then we decided to walk the 3 blocks to McDonalds. Of course, it took us about an hour to get there. There was a car stuck in the snow and we couldn't just walk by without helping. When we finally got it out, the kids were upset that Dairy Queen closed early - due to the weather-that's where the girl driving the car had come from. After being out in the snow for about 2 hours, my kids wanted to go get a big dish of icecream after they ate their McDonalds. They take after me. I could always eat
fikibiff
Gold Member
Everyone gets to shovel here.
IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

There's time to play, too.
IMG_0155.jpg

And then we decided to walk the 3 blocks to McDonalds. Of course, it took us about an hour to get there. There was a car stuck in the snow and we couldn't just walk by without helping. When we finally got it out, the kids were upset that Dairy Queen closed early - due to the weather-that's where the girl driving the car had come from. After being out in the snow for about 2 hours, my kids wanted to go get a big dish of icecream after they ate their McDonalds. They take after me. I could always eat icecream.

We didn't get quite as much as you did up there. I heard Sheboygan County closed I-43 because it was impassible. Milwaukee County closed the airport, stopped public transportation and three counties pulled their snowplows in.I just got back into the house - I'm out!
020608.jpg

That's pretty much the way it looks here! We've had 40" this winter so far, 12" in the last two days!

We got hit again on the other side of the pond too. No school here either. The problem isn't so much the snow (although there is plenty of it!) but it's the ice under the snow. Our cycle seems to be that it snows, warms up, rains, gets colder, rain turns to snow........and now, the salt can't work on the ice until the plows can clear away the snow.
We've had more snow days in the last month then I can ever remember during a school year. A certain # of them are built into the school schedule, but we must be out by now!

Yep, the kids are home from school.....again. They're already playing the Wii. I think today is the last "free" snow day. If we have anymore we'll probably be making them up. I'm not sure if private schools have to abide by that rule, though.
I have a show tonight, and it's difficult for me to get ready for a show with kids home. I started getting ready last night, so hopfully, I'll be okay. Of course, this is assuming the show is still on.

I want a snow day from work! We should have stayed home yesterday but no, we are too good of workers. We drove an hour and 15 minutes for a normal 35 minute drive.

Around here...a normal Winter snowfall is about 52". Last year, we had 58" for the year. So far this year, we've had 64" and it's only February 7.

They said on the news last night that we are 18" above normal for the year. I don't know if that means as of right now or for the whole winter season! My family is stuck in 24" of snow that fell since Sunday. It's pretty crazy seeing the town on the news last night. Some trucking company had their roof cave in because of the amount of snow. Luckily everyone had left for the day because of the snow so no one was in the building.

It was a warm 80 degrees here in Sunny Florida yesterday. :D :D :D :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Around here...a normal Winter snowfall is about 52". Last year, we had 58" for the year. So far this year, we've had 64" and it's only February 7.

We are WAY below you guys - ours is melting! Send it north!

vtodd, That is so nice! Rather than hating you for that, I'm going to be happy that you're happy!:)

JAE said:
vtodd, That is so nice! Rather than hating you for that, I'm going to be happy that you're happy!:)

Ha! I couldn't resist. I'm sorry everyone else up north is having cold and snowy weather. I used to live in Indiana so I know all too well about the weather up there. There is NO WAY I could ever move back. You get used to the weather here. Right now it is a balmy 50 degrees. Believe it or not we do get a little cold weather. Just no snow!!! :yuck:

Aww, the snow is so pretty. I know yall must have had so much fun playing in it. If it snowed that much here, we would be crippled up in our houses for a week.

vtodd71 said:
It was a warm 80 degrees here in Sunny Florida yesterday. :D :D :D :D
Do you deal with Hurricanes? It seems everywhere you go, there's something! My Mom and Dad just moved to Tennessee this summer from 50+ years in California! They were just barely spared by the Tornados! They were scared of earthquakes in California! And trust me they lived near where earthquakes were frequent. Out in the gulf coast states seems that Hurricanes are the big deal and more inland in those same states they deal with tornadoes too, obviously, and here in the Northwest and all of the north we deal with blizzards and ridiculous amounts of snow! We easily have 4 feet of snow and flat out repulsive, sub-zero temperature!! It is so stacked up I can't see over it when I drive! Easily 6-8 feet tall and more! My sister is in Nevada, and there and places like Arizonia, the heat is ridiculous! 125 degrees, makes me cringe! I don't like this snow, but I can't handle that type of heat, that is why I moved from the hot, humid part of California that I grew up in!
Back to the inland Northwest, another 5-6 inches fell today and now we have MAJOR winds! I'm dreaming of spring! Spring has, flat out, become a major, wild fantasy for me! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
Luckily we didn't get that much snow this time! We got about 4 inches of rain though! The flooding is terrible!! Now everything is starting to freeze! Sunday's high is only going to be about 16 degrees! I will have a skating rink in my back yard for the first time!:)! Too bad I'm too scared to do that anymore! Went all the time when I was a kid though! I'm afraid I'll end up in the hospital now - and I'll have to pay the bill not my Mom & Dad:)!

MissChef said:
Do you deal with Hurritcanes? It seems everywhere you go, there's something!

Honestly because of where I live in Florida I don't have to deal with hurricanes that much. I agree everywhere you go there is going to be something. But I'll take the heat and hurricanes over the cold and snow anyday. ;)

I am sooooooooo jealous, I am dying for that ONE BIG SNOW STORM this year! Its Feb already and I think we've had a coating or two. I cannot believe it.

Although after our warm day yesterday , at 73 degrees, I am anxious too for Spring. My flowers are starting to come up already!

I live in the Buffalo, NY area and we have had snow this year, but nothing like it used to be; and I'm just fine with that! The snow banks used to be so high that you could only see the top few inches of the schoolbus out front. We would get snowed in for days. We have had the plow drivers in for lunch when their equipment got stuck in front of our house.

I never thought at my age I would be hoping for a snow day from school.;)

I really like the snow - in in really, really large but short bursts. Once it starts getting slushy, I'm done enjoying it.

But, we leave for FL in 2 weeks!! I hope it's warm. DH and I have the bad luck of usually finding the "unseasonably cold" vacation times/locations. We went to San Diago one year. Everyone told us that it's almost always mild and in the lower 70's. The 4 days we were there it was in the upper 50's - lower 60's.

fikibiff said:
But, we leave for FL in 2 weeks!! I hope it's warm.

I'm not sure where in Florida you are going, but here in the Northern part of the state we have had between 50-80 degree weather. The further south you go you can almost expect it to be 10 degrees warmer.

If you are going to Disney World say "Hello" to Mickey for me. :D

I would love to say Hi to Mickey, but my DH and BIL say our kids are too young for Disney (2-5 1/2). We are renting a house in North Port with my sister and her family. My grampa lives in Port Charlotte and my parents and 2 aunts will be staying with him.

fikibiff said:
I would love to say Hi to Mickey, but my DH and BIL say our kids are too young for Disney (2-5 1/2). We are renting a house in North Port with my sister and her family. My grampa lives in Port Charlotte and my parents and 2 aunts will be staying with him.

My in-laws took their kids to Disney for the first time last year, they were 2 and 4. They had so much fun and are looking forward to going back this year again. But, they had 4 adults for the 2 kids! Depending on the adult to kid ratio, I could see how they could be too young.

fikibiff said:

That is too bad. "The Mrs." and I LOVE Disney and even have annual passes. Where you are going though is cool too. It is south Florida so it should be warm. I'll wish you luck on the weather and send you warm greetings! :D

Related to Snow Day Adventures: McDonalds and Ice Cream?

1. What is "We Got Snow! No School Today!"?

"We Got Snow! No School Today!" is a fun and exciting promotion from Pampered Chef that celebrates snow days and encourages families to spend quality time together in the kitchen.

2. How do I participate in "We Got Snow! No School Today!"?

To participate in "We Got Snow! No School Today!", simply purchase any Pampered Chef product and register your purchase on our website. You will then receive a free snow day activity kit with recipes, games, and more.

3. Can anyone participate in "We Got Snow! No School Today!"?

Yes, anyone can participate in "We Got Snow! No School Today!" as long as they purchase a Pampered Chef product and register their purchase on our website. The promotion is open to all ages and families of all sizes.

4. Are there any restrictions or limitations for "We Got Snow! No School Today!"?

No, there are no restrictions or limitations for "We Got Snow! No School Today!" as long as you follow the guidelines and register your purchase. The promotion is open to everyone and there is no limit on the number of times you can participate.

5. What can I expect in the snow day activity kit?

The snow day activity kit includes a variety of fun and easy recipes, games, and activities for the whole family to enjoy. It also includes tips and tricks for cooking with kids and making the most of your snow day at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
forkatieb
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lmonninger
  • mspibb