• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Use Pws or Personal Email?

In summary, people who use their own email program to send out their newsletters have more success than those who send from their PWS. People who use their PWS to send out newsletters can either paste in a recipe or direct people to their website. There is no limit to how much people can add to their newsletters.
yankeeinontario
Silver Member
I want to send out an email with a recipe each month. Should I use my website or should I do the email with gmail? I've read some complaints about emails from PWS not going through or getting delayed. What is your experience? Also, can I put a recipe in the body of the email if I do it from my website?

Suggestions?

I've done both. The ones from PWS actually look more professional (gee, I wonder why!!) and the last time I did it, I sent the one about the stoneware sale that had the pic of the deep covered baker on it...and I got 3 orders just for that! That's a $150 that I sure wasn't expecting!!!

I use my PWS exclusively to send out emails now. Sending from my own email program takes too much time and then I would often get blocked as spam. After 2.5 yrs, I have over 600 email addresses. I had to send them in batches of 10 so I could get past spam blockers, plus my own internet provider has a daily limit on how much I can SEND per day. Just too much.When you send from your PWS you can upload your addresses from PP/P3 so it's super easy to set up and then the emails are sent in batches so they're not sent to spam And there are no limits.Now if only we could get tech support to give us more email options instead of just host specials....

Last edited:
newbie to PWSHOW do we send out a monthly newsletter from our PWS (I have only had mine for a few months).....?

So, can we embed a recipe in the email? If not, have you had success with people going to your website to retrieve the recipe?

There is a limit to how much you can add. If it's a short recipe you can paste it in. Otherwise direct them to your website and add it there under news or calendar. I personally use the calendar section for recipes.

I do exactly what Deb does. I used regular email for 2 years, but got blocked as a spammer and couldn't send ANY. Now I regularly get emails from people saying they got my newsletter. I have over 1800 emails, so there is NO WAY I am sending out 10 at a time from gmail!!! ;)

yankeeinontario said:
So, can we embed a recipe in the email? If not, have you had success with people going to your website to retrieve the recipe?

At the end of the email in the "personalization" part, I always say "Don't forget - visit my website for this month's specials, recipes and more!"

I make sure that I update my website every month and put the Month and Year on the home page so they know it's new stuff. HTH!

do you do a "newsletter"?

Sort of - I send out an email once a month using the Host special template for that month. It also includes a link to the guest special in pdf format. For Feb., this is what I typed in the "personalized" spot:Dear Maria,I am so excited to offer the Power Cooking Show to you this spring - call or email me now to get the best dates - I'm currently booking March and April.If you're interested in purchasing products, feel free to contact me anytime, or shop on my website from the comfort of your own home. As always, if you'd like to earn some free products but don't have time for a cooking show, just collect some orders from your friends and submit a catalog show!If you'd like to know more about what I do, please call or email me - I'd love to help you live your life your way, just like me!Your Consultant,Cathy Xxx
xxx (phone)
xxx (email)DON'T FORGET - Check out my website for this month's specials, yummy recipes and MORE!/cathyskitchen

BTW - since I sent out this email on Friday night, I've gotten one booking in March and two orders - only 3 days later! Not bad! :)

I send my newsletter out using Constant Contact. Costs a little, but I can see clicks to the various links I have out in directing people to my website, and I get reports as to bounces, Spam, unique opens, etc. They also have beautiful templates for newsletters.Robin

WOW!! I didn't even know you could do that, I just went onto my website and checked it out and sent one!!! That's great, I have been doing it from MSN and it's a pain in the butt, I'm glad I read this thread.
Thanks!

cathyskitchen said:
I do exactly what Deb does. I used regular email for 2 years, but got blocked as a spammer and couldn't send ANY. Now I regularly get emails from people saying they got my newsletter. I have over 1800 emails, so there is NO WAY I am sending out 10 at a time from gmail!!! ;)

I love the quote under your name! I spend last night thinking about it. I've wasted too much money & time trying to be "different". When I looked at the S/S change over kit, it's awesome and I should be glad PC gives us the best of everything!!

Thanks!! Cathy

Related to Should I Use Pws or Personal Email?

1. Should I use my Pws email or my personal email for business purposes?

It is generally recommended to use your Pws email for business purposes, as it maintains a professional image and allows for better organization of work-related emails. However, if you are working on a personal project or communicating with friends and family, using your personal email may be more appropriate.

2. What are the benefits of using my Pws email for work?

Using your Pws email for work can help establish a professional online presence and make it easier for clients or colleagues to recognize and contact you. It also allows for better separation of work and personal emails, making it easier to stay organized.

3. Can I use my personal email for Pampered Chef business?

It is not recommended to use your personal email for Pampered Chef business, as it can cause confusion and may not be in compliance with company policies. It is best to use your Pws email for all Pampered Chef related communication.

4. What if I already have an established email address that is not my Pws email?

If you already have an established email address for business purposes, you may continue using it. However, it is recommended to update your contact information with your Pws email to maintain consistency and professionalism.

5. Can I forward my Pws emails to my personal email?

Yes, you can set up email forwarding to have your Pws emails automatically sent to your personal email. However, it is still important to regularly check your Pws email for important updates and communication from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mary
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • Bren706