• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Order from My Co-Worker's Creative Memories Party Tonight?

In summary, a potential recruit for a PC party should offer to host the party in exchange for coaching. If the CM consultant is interested, they should provide information and a catalog for the party.
Cookingfool
Alright guys,

I have a lady at work that does Creative Memories (scrap booking parties), she and her friend both want to have a PC party. Should I go about this as "oh, a potential recruit!", or as "oh, gosh. how is this going to turn out?" I know, I know, be possitive. She hasnt brought anything up about swapping shows (she does one for me, I do one for her), Im a little relieved because to tell you the truth Im not really a scrap booking type of person, dont get me wrong, I am always up for a swap. We just set a date, Im starting the host coaching this week, and obviously Im going to offer her an opportunity, but im just not sure if she has something she's going to spring on me, if she's interested on how I do my presentations, or if she's just interested in PC.

Can anyone out there relate?

Just forget that she is a CM consultant and coach her like a regular host. Other DS consultants need coaching because they need to know about our host rewards and they NEED to be coached on attendance!!!

Just do it like you normally would. Offer her the opportunity and everything!

I wouldn't even worry about her being a CM consultant. Ever DS company is diffrent, so you don't know what she is expecting. Just host coach her like you normally do. I would def. offer her the opportunity just like you would do any hostess. She may have no desire to swap shows cause CM maybe a hobby for her and not really a business. Just go with the flow.

I agree- treat her like a regular host. I've had shows where the host was a consultant for another company. Most of them would brush off the coaching with an "I know the drill." and I would let them. Then they turned out to be lousy shows. One thing to make sure you stress with her is that you can (and should) have more people at a PC show than at a CM party to be successful. They usually prefer smaller groups at their parties because they are very hands-on, and having too many customers would be very difficult.

Ann, I've had the same experience! I first thought if I was doing a show for someone in direct sales that I didn't need to host coach them. Now I host coach them even harder!! I did a party for my neighbor who does Body Shop at Home and when she gave me my packet it only had 10 invitations in it. I had to call and ask her for more!

MicheleC said:
Ann, I've had the same experience! I first thought if I was doing a show for someone in direct sales that I didn't need to host coach them. Now I host coach them even harder!! I did a party for my neighbor who does Body Shop at Home and when she gave me my packet it only had 10 invitations in it. I had to call and ask her for more!
LOL! My CM lady did that too! She gave me SEVEN!!

My Stamping Up friend gave me a lead. I got a new recruit out of it! And, to boot, the new recruit also does scrapbooking. So, she's already got a really-solid customer base. Should help with her sales.

Trish in Texas
Future Director & Recruiter

I have a couple of CM consultants that I work with... what I do is go set up a display at their crops/workshops, which they typically hold once a month (I set up a display every 2-3 months). I'll prepare a dish, leave it for snacks, and leave order forms and catalogs -- come back later to collect orders and answer questions.

Scrappers generally are very focused on their scrapping during the workshop, but will take time during a lunch break to flip through a catalog and maybe place an order... it's not a huge show but it's a regular "gig" that adds up....

This is an interesting thread. I attended a CM party that my recruiter had, for a CM consultant who did a PC party with her. I then booked a CM party, and of course, did not expect anything from her because she and my recruiter have an established relationship. She did very little to support me in hosting my party. We set the date for my party at the party I attended (for one month later). A couple of weeks went by, and I still did not have catalogs or the information for sending out e-vites. I had to play phone tag with her to get the information. I ended up with three guests, including the recruiter who came as a courtesy and because she got 10% on her order at my party. I had thought I would be the one getting the discount, and was told, oh NO, you don't get a discount, you got my little tin box and the goodies from my basket. I wanted to recinde my $200 order, but did not, because I had arranged for my family to buy gift certificates for my birthday, as part of my party total. My reward was another page of decals. They definitely are not Hostess Coaching oriented, in my opinion. However, I love the products and since I take lots of pictures, would easily get hooked on their products if it were not for my being so into PC.

All I know is that I just had a CM consultant as a host and she was an AWESOME host. She had $300 in outside orders before the show, I got 4 bookings (AND a booking from a friend of one of the guests who recommended) and she was totally gung-ho for PC products. She loves PC, but she totally has a passion for scrapbooking. At the same time, I love scrapbooking, but my passion is creating memorable dinner times for my family. Her show closed yesterday and it was a $1075 show. It was only my second show!!! AND, we are doing some networking together with other DS reps and meeting once a month. I'm thrilled with her!

A gal in my cluster is a PC consultant and a CM consultant, too :) So -- you never can tell ... :)

Personally, I would be confused on if I had a cropping show or a chopping show :)

Hey Ladies!

I had my CM hosted party!!! Im up to $470 with three outside orders by Thursday! Im so pumped! This is really what I needed, I've been in a lull for a little bit.

Woot-woot!

Cookingfool said:
Hey Ladies!

I had my CM hosted party!!! Im up to $470 with three outside orders by Thursday! Im so pumped! This is really what I needed, I've been in a lull for a little bit.

Woot-woot!

That's great! I hope with the outside orders it makes it over $500 in sales for you!

CM consultant good hostI had a CM consultant do a catty show for me. She didn't even ask me to do a show for her but she did say if I knew anyone who wanted the products to let her know. My family and friends aren't really into scrapbooking but I do let anyone know who is about this lady.

She had a good show for me with over $300 in sales and she is a good friend now.

Debbie :D

I am a CM consultant as well as PC consultant! I also did my 2nd show for my CM upline and it was a $700 show. She was easy to coach, and worked really hard to get 15 orders (it was Feb and she wanted that cookbook, lol). We do our crops together and I always bring a dish with catalogs. It's never much, but a little here and there is nice. It's also helped get the word out that I do PC now. I'm MUCH more successful with PC - I just do the CM consultant for my hobby discount. :)

yummybytes said:
A gal in my cluster is a PC consultant and a CM consultant, too :) So -- you never can tell ... :)

Personally, I would be confused on if I had a cropping show or a chopping show :)

OH MY!!! That is so funny!

I have learned you treat everyone the same. Host coach them the best you can. I have had a friend who is a CM consultant but she has only purchased things here and there.

I hope your show ends up good.

Two good friends of mine used to be CM consultants....and I hosted several CM classes with them, and they are frequent hosts of mine - none of us ever felt "obligated"....we are all hooked on CM and PC equally!

I used to provide the refreshments for their monthly crop, they would reimburse me the cost and I always left copies of my latest newsletter and business cards and it gave me a chance to test out recipes. Sometimes I would offer promotions to them, sometimes not. Sometimes I was even sitting theire scrapbooking with them....for me it was all about getting my name out there. It generated a bit of business for me.

I always host coached my CM consultants just like any other host of mine. Don't worry so much about how they do their coaching....just focus on your end of things.

Melinda

O kay just a quick questions. When you do a show for a hostess that is a consultant for another DS company do you all feel obligated to host a show with them even if they didn't say anything about swaping shows?

Heather

I have never felt an obligation, nor have I ever placed an obligation.... It's never been an "I'll do a show for you if...." - I've hosted for them because I was sucked in ....I mean, interested :D in a particular incentive - and likewise for them.

Melinda

OOoh, I have a customer who is a Stampin Up! demonstrator. She does "stamp camp" every month at her house and charges $15 to everyone. I wonder if I could make some sort of arrangement to "sponsor" it where I provide the food and she gives a discounted rate...HMMMM...I have an order I need to get to her, so I'll have to call and ask her!

To order or not to order???Not to steal the thread but I have a question.

I have a catalog host that is having a CM show tonight and the CM consultant was a guest at the show the catty host booked at. I happened to call the CM consultant to ask her a question on her ordered and she went into how she was a CM consultant did I scrapbook, and I said yes, even though I haven't touched it in over a year.

Well today my phone rings and it is the catty host calling to invite me to her CM show tonight. The CM consultant told her I like to do scrapbooking and to invite me to the show. Well, I told her I would try, but I didn't think I could make it. Do you think I should place a small order since one was a guest and customer from a past show and the other is having a catty show for me in April? :confused:

Need your opinions!
thanks-Kelly

Related to Should I Order from My Co-Worker's Creative Memories Party Tonight?

1. What are the benefits of hosting a Creative Memories party?

Hosting a Creative Memories party is a great way to earn free products, learn new scrapbooking techniques, and spend quality time with friends and family.

2. How do I become a hostess for a Creative Memories party?

It's easy to become a hostess! Simply contact your local Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a party. They will guide you through the process and help you plan a successful event.

3. What types of products can I earn as a hostess?

As a hostess, you can earn free and discounted products from Creative Memories, including albums, page protectors, paper packs, and tools. The more sales and bookings you generate, the more rewards you can earn!

4. Can I host a Creative Memories party online?

Yes, you can! With the current situation, hosting an online party is a great option to still enjoy the benefits of hosting a Creative Memories party while staying safe at home. Your consultant will provide you with all the necessary information and tools to host a successful virtual party.

5. Do I need to have experience with scrapbooking to host a Creative Memories party?

No experience is necessary to host a Creative Memories party. Your consultant will guide you through the process and provide tips and techniques to create beautiful scrapbook pages. It's a fun and easy way to get started with scrapbooking!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brandynichoal
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • prissylovescooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • lesliec