• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Shop Pampered Chef Products - New Bamboo Sets, Forged Knives, Cookware & More!

In summary, Gloria White e-mailed Carol Van Hill offering her products for sale at a high price, with the promise of paying with a cashier's check. When Van Hill contacted Gloria to confirm the order, she was told to pay with a Western Union transfer. Van Hill warns other directors of this scam, and reports that she has already received a payment from this scammers.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Got this one today - what a waste of a HO lead:

Hello,
How are you doing today..Its is of mixed feeling to me having you as one of the great independent consultant..Here are the list of pampered chef products needed for me to set up my kitchen below:

Bamboo 3 pc Slotted Spoon Set - New
Bamboo 3 pc Specialty Cooking Set - New
Bamboo Knife Block with 9 knives item #1081
Forged 9" bread knife
5 piece set cookware set 2861 NEW
SPRING FORM PAN SET #1540
13 ROUND PIZZA STONEWARE BAKING STONE PAN
LARGE ROUND PIZZA STONE W HANDLES 15"

I am so sorry I could not gives you my phone number..My husband is a militant and we have been burnt before and don't want to put my husband,children and I into any trouble..So sorry for the inconvenience that this might have cause.
This will be my first time Having a business with any of pampered chef products,I have been hearing so many news about there products and I can't just wait to have them at home..All I want you to do is to get me the asking price of each product as its been stated above.More so I want to know the total asking price of all the product.And I will glad if you can take a cashier check from me,because I don't deal with credit card due to my bad credit..I wait till I hear back from you for us to discuss about the payment and for any further instruction as well....
God bless you.
Gloria.

Gloria, huh? Funny cause your email address is [email protected]

yep, exactly the same, the email address was [email protected] but mine was signed my Janet!!!

This was from my SED:

TL'S AND DIRECTORS...

Just an FYI ... H/O leads be careful. There is a scam going around where the person gives you a Bogus phone number and the only way this person would communicate was
through email. Ordered almost $900 worth of products and wanted to pay
with cashiers check. Sounded awesome until they got the last email
asking them to take out funds for shipping agent fees, customs charges, etc
and send it back to them via Western Union and they would send a
"shipping agent" to pick up the products at my home!!!!

So just wanted you all to be aware that this my be happening to more of
you before they get it all figured out and traced to the source. HO is
working on it now. (Darla Oelmann)

And today our own team Director Carol Van Hill and others in her area are getting this scam, too. Read on from Carol and be leery of these "big" orders! Here is the "order:" and e-mail that Carol Got...

From Carol... SEVERAL Directors in my area have been getting the SAME Person, just different Cities and Phone numbers. (So Far a Janet, Gloria White and Now Brenda Malone) At first we all thought it was a GREAT Lead, but it gets very suspicious after the first response. They are wanting to send Cashiers Checks, to pay for their orders. One Director supposidly is waiting for one to be delivered on Wednesday to her house (now she's really creeped out, and scared). I told her to contact the police if she does get a check.
Carol

Randy, below is the e-mail I got from the Scammer HOL
Carol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Sent: 7/21/2011 10:43:16 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time
Subj: Hello

Hello,
How are you doing today..Its is of mixed feeling to me having you as one of the great independent consultant...Here are the list of pampered chef products needed for me to set up my kitchen below:

Bamboo 3 pc Slotted Spoon Set - New
Bamboo 3 pc Specialty Cooking Set - New
Bamboo Knife Block with 9 knives item #1081
Forged 9" bread knife
5 piece set cookware set 2861 NEW
SPRING FORM PAN SET #1540
13 ROUND PIZZA STONEWARE BAKING STONE PAN
LARGE ROUND PIZZA STONE W HANDLES 15"

I am so sorry I could not gives you my phone number..My husband is a militant and we have been burnt before and don't want to put my husband,children and I into any trouble..So sorry for the inconvenience that is might have cause.
This will be my first time Having a business with any of pampered chef products,I have been hearing so many news about there products and I can't just wait to have them at home..All I want you to do is to get me the asking price of each product as its been stated above.More so I want to know the total asking price of all the product.And I will glad if you can take a cashier check from me,because I don't deal with credit card due to my bad credit..I wait till I hear back from you for us to discuss about the payment and for any further instruction as well....
God bless you.
Janet.

And another "order" ...
I gave her my address and phone number but when she asked me to include the amount for her shipping agent and then deduct it from my account so that I could pay them I knew it was a scam. The check is probably bad, or a forgery if it is a cashier's check. I would not place this order for her/him/scumbag. Sometimes they send fake Traveler's Checks. I think we all should contact home office. Are you going to call Cathy Cocazella or just consultant career solutions? Let's keep in touch about the results.
Pam (Consultant w/ PC)

I didn't get the scam lead, but I got this waste of a HO Lead this morning.

(210) 000-0000
[email protected]

Purchase Pampered Chef® products

How can I help her purchase products if she doesn't give a phone number or email?

**My last HO Lead before this one was in May**

:( That's just mean of someone!

the scam email I got was from that same gloriawhite email address. HO needs to block that address from being put in!!! So not fair!

One person in my ED's downline got one and another director said one of her TL's got 2 of them. I agree, Jenni...so not fair.

I too received one of those phone numbers that was one you could not call.:mad: How frustrating that your last one was in May and this was your only lead. So not right.

two of my local friends got this HO lead this morning.Guys, this is VERY similar to a scam running on Craigslist. They send a bogus cashier's check and want someone else to pick up the items. It's so obvious!I know it sucks to lose a place in the lead system, but there's really not much you can do. If you get this, I'd contact HO right away ([email protected] will handle it), maybe forward the info to your upline, and then forget about it.

What is the "Ho Lead Scam"?

The "Ho Lead Scam" is an online scam targeting individuals who are looking to make money online by selling leads for different industries. The scammers will promise high payouts for leads, but in reality, they do not pay out any money and may even steal personal information from their victims.

How does the "Ho Lead Scam" work?

The scammers will typically reach out to potential victims through social media or email, offering high payouts for leads. They may also ask for an upfront fee to join their program. Once someone signs up, they are given a list of leads to contact, but the leads are usually fake or already sold to other companies. The scammers will then disappear, leaving the victims without any payment or recourse.

How can I avoid falling for the "Ho Lead Scam"?

To avoid falling for the "Ho Lead Scam", it is important to do thorough research on any company or individual offering high payouts for leads. Look for reviews and testimonials from other users, and never pay an upfront fee to join a lead generation program. Also, be cautious of any offers that seem too good to be true.

What should I do if I have been a victim of the "Ho Lead Scam"?

If you have been a victim of the "Ho Lead Scam", it is important to report it to the proper authorities. You can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and also contact your local law enforcement. It is also recommended to change any passwords or personal information that may have been shared with the scammers.

Are there any legitimate ways to make money selling leads?

Yes, there are legitimate ways to make money selling leads, such as through affiliate marketing or working directly with reputable companies. However, it is important to do your research and be cautious of any offers that seem too good to be true. Never pay an upfront fee to join a lead generation program, and always make sure to verify the legitimacy of the company or individual before signing up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • whitneythompson