• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sharpening Knives: Does it Work for All Brands?

In summary, the honing tool is specific to the angle and type of knives it is meant to hone. It is not a sharpener and may damage other knives if used on them incorrectly.
Leigh0725
I had a lady ask:

"One of the girls at work wanted to know if she bought a knife sharpener if she could use it to sharpen other knifes that she has or is only for Pampered Chef knifes?"

I don't have this product and am not sure how to answer her question. Thought I would post this to see if you gals can help. :)

I've never used it on other knives. It is made specifically for PC forged cutlery, but I've heard it is fine to use with other knives. You can contact the test kitchens to check just incase (of course the PC website is down right now though):mad:

Also, it's not a knife SHARPENER! It's a honing tool. It will just take the nicks out of the blade and realign it a little but it won't sharpen it. Be sure your customer knows that!

Yes, maybe that will be a spring product? I'd like a knife SHARPENER. :)

I read somewhere, But I don't remember where, that it is NOT to be used for other knives. I'll see if I can find it again.

urbnk8 said:
I read somewhere, But I don't remember where, that it is NOT to be used for other knives. I'll see if I can find it again.

That is true. It was specifically designed for PC knives and might damage other brands.

I listened to a CD form Nat'l conference 2006, with Feriale Yan and a home office person (sorry I don't remember her name-Maybe Karen Daughtery). The Home office representative that while they don't recommend it to hone other brands of cutlery, it would probably be okay to use with other Forged Cutlery brands, just that we can't really recommend it.
Maybe that CD is still available on paperwork supplies...I just looked and can't find it.
Deb

My sister bought it specifically to use with her Tupperware Knives. She said their tool did nothing. She was pleased with the results of ours. I believe it is not recommended for other brand of knives tho.

--Jenny L

Our honing tool is not a sharpener. It take the burrs and food particles off our knives making them appear as if they were actually sharpened.

My upline went to a retreat recently and learned all about the honing tool. Our knives are forged to a 17 degree angle. So our honing tool is specific to the 17 degree angle as well. If you are using our honing tool on knives cut to a different degree, it will not hone the burrs and food particles off of it, and may damage your other knives.

1. Can I use the Pampered Chef knife sharpener for all brands of knives?

Yes, the Pampered Chef knife sharpener is designed to work with all types of knives, including those from other brands. It uses a two-stage sharpening process that can effectively sharpen both straight and serrated blades.

2. How often should I sharpen my knives?

It is recommended to sharpen your knives every 2-3 months with regular use. However, the frequency may vary depending on how often you use your knives and the type of cutting surface you use.

3. Will sharpening my knives damage them?

No, the Pampered Chef knife sharpener is designed to sharpen your knives without causing any damage. The two-stage sharpening process helps to maintain the proper angle and sharpness of the blade.

4. Can I sharpen ceramic knives with this sharpener?

No, the Pampered Chef knife sharpener is not recommended for use with ceramic knives. Ceramic knives require a different type of sharpener to maintain their edge.

5. Can I sharpen scissors with this sharpener?

Yes, the Pampered Chef knife sharpener has a slot specifically designed for sharpening scissors. However, it is not recommended for use with serrated scissors as they require a different type of sharpener.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jasmine
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • kltaylo
  • Products and Tips
Replies