• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sharpening Green Knives: Tips for Keeping Your Blades Sharp

The honing tool is not a sharpener, it just "realigns" and "evens out" the blade. Sharpening is done professionally.
kam
Staff member
I have a potential customer who owns a green knife. Hers is getting dull.

Does anyone know how to sharpen these? I looked at Use & Care and it doesn't say anything. Has anyone had success sharpening these knives somehow?

I have forged, so I don't use the few green knives I do own very often.

THANKS!

I've used our honing tool and it works nicely. If hers is real dull she may need to have it professionally done.

Just note, the honing tool is NOT a sharpener. It just "realigns" the blade and evens out the pits/nicks. Sharpening is done professionally.Not sure how well they'd turn out- these knives technically are what you'd consider "disposable". With a 1yr guarantee, you can't expect them to last forever. Just saying....She may want to check with a local butcher (even in the grocery stores sometimes) to see if they offer the sharpening service. Some do.

esavvymom said:
Just note, the honing tool is NOT a sharpener. It just "realigns" the blade and evens out the pits/nicks. Sharpening is done professionally.

Not sure how well they'd turn out- these knives technically are what you'd consider "disposable". With a 1yr guarantee, you can't expect them to last forever. Just saying....

She may want to check with a local butcher (even in the grocery stores sometimes) to see if they offer the sharpening service. Some do.

Yes, I think of these knives as "disposable", also. That is why I have never given a thought as to sharpening mine. I have a cheesy sharpening tool that we use around the house on scissors and various things and that is what I would try on mine. But, I will mention getting them sharpened to her. I guess if they couldn't do it, they would tell her.

Also, thanks for mentioning the 1-yr guarantee...that will help.

THANKS!!!

My husband has sharpened my green knives. I have both sets (green and forged), but we used the green ones a lot, specially the green santuko knife. I have the santuko since it first came out and works great. I'll ask my husband how did he sharpened it and will let you know ;-)

ilovpc said:
My husband has sharpened my green knives. I have both sets (green and forged), but we used the green ones a lot, specially the green santuko knife. I have the santuko since it first came out and works great. I'll ask my husband how did he sharpened it and will let you know ;-)

Thanks!!! Much appreciated!

Somehow I remember reading somewhere that HO said the green knives cannot be sharpened because of the green coating. Don't quote me on it though, because I can't remember where I read it :D

Way back in 2007 in the consultant news was a pull out sheet ... Words to help you sell our Knife Collections - info on the 3 different knives Forged Cutlery/knives with Sharpening case and colour coated listed the different words to use to sell the knives. On the back of this is the comparing our knife collections with the sharpening instructions.
Colour coated knives (trendy and fun)--- Hone the colour coated Santoku Knife with the Pampered Chef honing tool

I have sharpened all my PC knives (and old store bought) with this honing tool.

NooraK said:
Somehow I remember reading somewhere that HO said the green knives cannot be sharpened because of the green coating. Don't quote me on it though, because I can't remember where I read it :D

Makes sense, though.

Cathy pclady said:
Way back in 2007 in the consultant news was a pull out sheet ... Words to help you sell our Knife Collections - info on the 3 different knives Forged Cutlery/knives with Sharpening case and colour coated listed the different words to use to sell the knives. On the back of this is the comparing our knife collections with the sharpening instructions.
Colour coated knives (trendy and fun)--- Hone the colour coated Santoku Knife with the Pampered Chef honing tool

I have sharpened all my PC knives (and old store bought) with this honing tool.

OK, good! I told her she might want to try honing the knife first as that may help with the dullness and it may not need sharpening. Good to know that it was suggested by HO!!!

Thanks everyone!

Ok...I asked my hubby and he said he just did it with a Knife Sharpener Stone he got at Lowe's for $10.

ilovpc said:
Ok...I asked my hubby and he said he just did it with a Knife Sharpener Stone he got at Lowe's for $10.

Great! Thanks!

I will pass on the info. I might have to pick one of those up myself. Wonder if it sharpens scissors!

1. How often should I sharpen my green knives?

It is recommended to sharpen your green knives every 3-6 months, depending on how frequently you use them. Regular sharpening will help maintain the sharpness and longevity of the blades.

2. Can I use any type of sharpener on my green knives?

No, it is important to use the correct type of sharpener for your green knives. Our recommended sharpener is the Pampered Chef knife sharpener, which is specifically designed for our knives.

3. How do I know when my green knives need to be sharpened?

If you notice that your green knives are becoming dull and require more effort to cut through food, it is a good indication that they need to be sharpened. You can also check the blade for any nicks or chips.

4. Can I sharpen my green knives myself?

Yes, the Pampered Chef knife sharpener is designed for easy and safe use at home. However, if you are uncomfortable sharpening your knives yourself, we recommend taking them to a professional knife sharpener.

5. Do you offer a sharpening service for green knives?

Unfortunately, we do not offer a sharpening service for our green knives. However, with the use of the Pampered Chef knife sharpener, you can easily sharpen your knives at home and maintain their sharpness for longer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
Replies
Views
Jasmine
  • kltaylo
  • Products and Tips
Replies