• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Setback on the Road to Recovery: My Physical Therapy Journey

In summary, the surgeon wants the patient to "just elevate, icing & resting" for 2 weeks after the ankle surgery. The patient is feeling down due to the fact that she scheduled herself for more surgery and now must find backup for everything.
its_me_susan
Apparently I stopped my physical therapy prematurely... before the tendons/muscles at the sides, that keep your ankle from buckling, were not strong enough yet. So it's back to the walking boot cast for 2 weeks for me (and no driving). And back to take additional x-rays in 2 weeks (when swelling is down). The surgeon wants me "out of work" and just elevating, icing & resting for 2 weeks.

Ughhhh. My husband wants me to resign. I don't know - I think I will see if I can keep my home-bound business going and still try to make it until the holiday boost. *sigh*.

Feeling pretty down at the moment. Had just scheduled myself up again, and now I have to find backup for everything, and finding a consultant to do my 1-3pm fundraiser. Hopefully the host will just be ok with no consultant 9she doesn't want a demo)?

Whine whine whine. :(

Please say a little prayer for me ~ I'm praying I haven't effected the success of my surgery. So far they think it will be ok.

I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope you can keep things afloat. I bet you can! Will hosts you have lined up be willing to do catalog shows? Or still have their friends together, but have them sit around, visit and order from the catalog? If you're able to get a recipe over there, you could do that too.

GOOD LUCK!

Oh Susan, I am so sorry! :(

Sorry for that!!! Have you thought of using your house for the shows you booked? That way there isn't much in the way of you moving around?

OMG Susan! I am so sorry!
I LOVE Kate's idea for using your house for shows~you could promote them as "you don't even have to clean your own house" type of deal!

chefmeg said:
OMG Susan! I am so sorry!
I LOVE Kate's idea for using your house for shows~you could promote them as "you don't even have to clean your own house" type of deal!

Thanks ladies.... I think I will try to hire a driver/lifter? LOL. If I had shows here it certainly WOULD promote the "you don't have to clean your house" in a way that showcases my messy house! Not sure I want to do that. :)

I need to just let fate decide at this point. I just lost my husband & doctors support for doing live shows ~ I just don't remember to let someone else lift for me, and am not great at asking for help at my shows. So... we'll see if I can keep it together these next several months. I hope so.. but what will be will have to be.

:pray:

Related to Setback on the Road to Recovery: My Physical Therapy Journey

What is "It Happened Again!"?

"It Happened Again!" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that features delicious and easy-to-make recipes for everyday meals and special occasions.

Who wrote "It Happened Again!"?

"It Happened Again!" was written by Pampered Chef's very own culinary team, who are experts in creating delicious and practical recipes for any occasion.

What types of recipes are included in "It Happened Again!"?

"It Happened Again!" features a variety of recipes including appetizers, entrees, side dishes, desserts, and more. Each recipe is designed to be simple, flavorful, and perfect for any skill level.

Can I purchase "It Happened Again!" online?

Yes, "It Happened Again!" is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website as well as through our independent consultants. You can also find it in select retail stores.

Are there any special offers or discounts for "It Happened Again!"?

Yes, we often run promotions and special offers for "It Happened Again!" and other Pampered Chef products. Be sure to check our website or contact your consultant for current deals and discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PCMomto4
  • Wendy Hopping
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies