• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

School Fundraiser: PC Fundraiser for Over 740 Kids | Join Us on April 13th!

I'm good with either!I wanna know too!Okay, I have not done one of these before but I have put a lot of thought into one in case I land one. My suggestions are based on other fundraisers at our school.One great prize is an Ice Cream Party for the winning class. You can determine the winning class by the class that collects the most orders or the highest dollar amount. Or you could give a party to all classes with 100% participation. If you had a class of 20 students and each student collects $20.00 in orders, that class submits $400.00 in sales. Ice cream would cost you about $1.00 per student. Your commission would be $68.00 and
PampMomof3
Gold Member
I'm a member of our schools PTO and they were talking about the HOney Baked Ham Fundraiser that fell through. So I was sitting there waiting for them to finish and then suggested the PC Fundraiser. Well they told me to get the info together and bring it back this week. I went to my son's game and worked on costs and all that and gave it to them this morning.

Well, the principal pulled me aside and said she LOVES the idea and wants to start it April 13th. YAY!! My first fundraiser with over 740 kids and of course there are multiple kids per family but I am SO EXCITED!!!

I'm going to do the mini catalog instead of the full catalog b/c the difference is $90 vs $360 just for catalogs. The full amount of my cost is $135 which will be deducted from the profit. Yes, I'm donating my commission as well but I'm stoked for the exposure and trip points!!!! If all kids turn in $100 that would be $75,000!! Now that's crazy but I'll take a $1000 fundraiser at this point!!

Just had to share with you guys!! Thanks for being excited with me!!

That's exciting!!!
It makes me want to live in a bigger city!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think if we combined all 3 area schools we'd have that many kids... LOL!!

Good luck!

Congratulations on landing a great fundraising opportunity!

Did you already tell them you will give your commission? If not, I suggest prizes for the kids instead. That is such a huge motivator for kids and it really does not need to be too big.

Let me know if you would like some ideas.

annew said:
That's exciting!!!
It makes me want to live in a bigger city!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think if we combined all 3 area schools we'd have that many kids... LOL!!

Good luck!

haha! Thanks Anne!! I'm on cloud nine right now! I'm definitely thinking I'll earn conference for free between my fundraiser and 8 shows booked!!!

ChefLisa said:
Congratulations on landing a great fundraising opportunity!

Did you already tell them you will give your commission? If not, I suggest prizes for the kids instead. That is such a huge motivator for kids and it really does not need to be too big.

Let me know if you would like some ideas.

Yes Please!!! Do tell!

Okay, I have not done one of these before but I have put a lot of thought into one in case I land one. My suggestions are based on other fundraisers at our school.

One great prize is an Ice Cream Party for the winning class. You can determine the winning class by the class that collects the most orders or the highest dollar amount. Or you could give a party to all classes with 100% participation. If you had a class of 20 students and each student collects $20.00 in orders, that class submits $400.00 in sales. Ice cream would cost you about $1.00 per student. Your commission would be $68.00 and then subtract out $20.00 for the ice cream. $48.00 per class could add up quickly.

Other prizes could include Toys R Us gift certificates or Blockbuster Gift Certificates. Maybe each participant could qualify to win one of the gifts and the top three in sales could qualify for a prize.

Are you offering online opportunities? This could make the prize give aways a little trickier. Some additional thought needs to be done.

Hopefully these ideas will help! At the very least I hope they inspire other ideas for you.

Thanks Lisa!! I need to go over prizes with the PTO president. :) I'll let you guys know what we come up with. Yes, we are promoting the website since I'm giving the mini catalog.

the online orders you can track if they give you an email address plus you can thank them for the order.
I use online for all of my fundraisers.

I'm w/you on the incentives!! a few of the schools wouldn't let me do incentives b/c of competition......a little competition is good for everyone :)

pampmomof3 said:
Thanks Lisa!! I need to go over prizes with the PTO president. :) I'll let you guys know what we come up with. Yes, we are promoting the website since I'm giving the mini catalog.

Kristi, could you post what/how you presented the fundraiser?

pampmomof3 said:
haha! Thanks Anne!! I'm on cloud nine right now! I'm definitely thinking I'll earn conference for free between my fundraiser and 8 shows booked!!!

You go girl!!! :D

congratulations!! I'd love to get one at my kids school!!

If you can do this, go for Direct Shipping Only!

Yeah that would be awesome but I'll take it however!!!

Congratulations, I just got two fundraising leads tonight. I hope yours goes really well, and let us know how it goes.

Kristi, could you post what/how you presented the fundraiser?

Absolutely Beth. I already told you how the meeting went my direction to bring it up so I brought it to the principal yesterday with a very simple set up for each kid. This is what I gave her attached to a manilla envelope and inside are the order forms (that i also attached) and a mini catalog.The only thing I'm waiting for today is the PTO president to call me back so we can go over what prizes, if we should have a class incentive (the class who sells the most gets an pizza party or ice cream social). I want to pick her brain to find out what works for the school and what motivates the kids. I think the letter is to wordy so I'm going to work on that today to get that minimized.

Attachments

• Turner Fundraising Letter.doc
    43.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Turner Fundraising Letter.doc
    43.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Outside Order Form-Kristi.doc
    42.5 KB · Views: 218
    42.5 KB · Views: 211
This is a great opportunity, Kristi! I hope it's a huge success. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Thanks Becky! I can't wait either!! I actually just got an email from a catalog host who says she has a show for me over $500!! YAY!!! Just when I thought my month was over!! Sweet!I'm really excited for this to do well especially for trip points (since there is no commission) and since the new excellence awards starts in April this year!

Thanks Kristi!

One thing I would add to your order form is that the organization gets cash for bookings. Good luck!

Thanks Beth!! I will add that now!

pampmomof3 said:
Thanks Becky! I can't wait either!! I actually just got an email from a catalog host who says she has a show for me over $500!! YAY!!! Just when I thought my month was over!! Sweet!

I'm really excited for this to do well especially for trip points (since there is no commission) and since the new excellence awards starts in April this year!

Yeah, I"d be big into the trip points too! My husband however always grumbles when I have a FR because of the lower commission (and he doesn't really know I also kick in some of my own commission to make FRs seem more appealing!) but the whole time, I'm thinking TRIP POINTS!!:D

pamperedbecky said:
Yeah, I"d be big into the trip points too! My husband however always grumbles when I have a FR because of the lower commission (and he doesn't really know I also kick in some of my own commission to make FRs seem more appealing!) but the whole time, I'm thinking TRIP POINTS!!:D

yeah I usually do too. I haven't done a FR in awhile so I was a little nervous to tell him that I told him that I would donate my commission. He was ok with it though. Didn't say anything about it. :)

Here's my updated order form: What do you think?

Attachments

43 KB · Views: 192
    43 KB · Views: 210
looks good!
Good luck :)

:cry::cry:Because I am a department head at a school, my boss frowns upon me promoting much in the school. He is the business manager...and is really good at it....:cry::cry:

Something we discussed at a Director's meetingon Fundraising, was that if you set it up on the web-site, you could have a separate show per student (or class) set up on the web-site, that way you can keep track of orders, OR, just have each student put his name at the top of his order forms, and have each parent total them (before S&H and Tax) and out that total on there as well.

QUESTION:

do we have to send in info to PC about a tax-free ID number so that the school doesn't have to pay taxes on the money earned?

I am getting ready to submit my fundraiser from this month (only 3 kids participated and it is sitting at $1,600!!) and cannot find a place to put that info~~~~

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chefmeg said:
QUESTION:

do we have to send in info to PC about a tax-free ID number so that the school doesn't have to pay taxes on the money earned?

I am getting ready to submit my fundraiser from this month (only 3 kids participated and it is sitting at $1,600!!) and cannot find a place to put that info~~~~

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Question,I wouldn't have thought of that! Let me check CC.

I looked on policies and procedures and this is the only thing it said on tax exempt:

The contribution is based on the total guest sales before
tax and shipping. All guest sales must include sales tax.
There is no tax exempt status for an individual.

It doesn't say anything more....

I know~I checked there, too.....it doesn't say a thing and I am NOT up for calling HO this morning and waiting for a call back in 4 hours! I am just going to get the ID# to have and see what happens when I actually go to submit it!

chefmeg said:
I know~I checked there, too.....it doesn't say a thing and I am NOT up for calling HO this morning and waiting for a call back in 4 hours! I am just going to get the ID# to have and see what happens when I actually go to submit it!

Where do u put the tax ID # at?

I think the ID# comes into play when taxes are filed. I'm not sure it has anything to do with HO. It should be between the school district and the IRS.

The guests have to pay tax. The school isn't paying for anything so there is nothing for the tax id to be used for.

bethcooks4u said:
The guests have to pay tax. The school isn't paying for anything so there is nothing for the tax id to be used for.

Thanks Beth. I know the guests have to pay tax but what about the school when they file their taxes?

pampmomof3 said:
Thanks Beth. I know the guests have to pay tax but what about the school when they file their taxes?

That doesn't have anything to do with HO. HO will send a check. They don't take taxes out of the money they send the organization. The school will use their ID when they do their taxes.

bethcooks4u said:
That doesn't have anything to do with HO. HO will send a check. They don't take taxes out of the money they send the organization. The school will use their ID when they do their taxes.

okay, no wonder I didn't think of it.....
Thanks!

The only time we need to deal with a tax ID is when an organization is purchasing products for their kitchen or something like that. I believe we have to contact HO in that instance.

What is the PC Fundraiser for Over 740 Kids?

The PC Fundraiser for Over 740 Kids is a fundraising event organized by Pampered Chef for schools to help raise funds for various projects and activities.

When is the fundraiser taking place?

The fundraiser is scheduled to begin on April 13th.

How many kids will be participating in the fundraiser?

Over 740 kids will be participating in the fundraiser.

What is the difference between the mini catalog and the full catalog?

The mini catalog is a condensed version of the full catalog, with a price difference of $90 vs $360. The mini catalog is more cost-effective for this fundraiser.

What is the expected profit from this fundraiser?

The expected profit from this fundraiser is $135 per participant, with a total potential profit of $75,000 if all kids turn in $100 each.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • Caringpurelove
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • raebates