• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Say Goodbye to Excess Cardboard: Easy Solutions for Box Disposal

A
Adrian
I seem to come up with the weirdest questions that no one else seems to be asking. Between my starter kit and my first couple of orders, I have about 10 billion boxes floating around my house. Even if I crunched them down, they would take up my whole recycle bin. Does anyone have a good way to get rid of all this darn cardboard???

Thanks!

Adrian

Recycle bin a bit at a time?

Public recycle dumpsters?

I tend to keep boxes for products in case I need them for transport or return. Tend to toss out the stoneware ones b/c if the stone broke, I'd send a little piece. Glad I have my Triffle and DCB boxes because this, IMHO, is the best way to transport them.

I recycle the little ones and post an ad on Freecycle for people to come get the big ones (they make pretty good moving boxes)

Post them on Craigslist under the "Free" heading.

Jennifer E said:

ditto, people are always looking for moving boxes

My husband takes them for his business.

Yes, some of us are "swimming" in boxes but I do recycle. The large ones that products are shipped in are always popular with people moving.

I let people know I have them and people use them for shipping and for moving. I do cut them down to take less space and no longer keep many unless someone needs them. I also use them for donating stuff to Goodwill. It's a box they can keep. It actually advertises too whether it's at the post office or whatever.

I keep product boxes for products I'm likely to sell soon after the season is over (don't want/won't show/have enough of that type of product). Otherwise, I do get rid of a lot. I kept them all at first too and am so much happier now and don't miss them.

I love the craiglist/freecycle idea. It's more advertising :).

Jennifer E said:

This is what I was thinking but I don't know enough about Craigslist to know if they have a free section

Yes, CL has a free section. I've given away several things that way when I got no bites on my local Freecycle. I recycle the smaller ones and try to give away the bigger ones as well.

My in-laws have wood heat for their house so my MIL comes and takes all my boxes to burn. It's win-win for both of us because my apartment is TOO small for all those boxes!

The free stuff is under the "For Sale" heading.

Everyone had great ideas....BUT- if you have any kids..save one or two for them! They love them! Once they've destroyed it (I have boys), then recycle it as normal. The rest you can get rid of. :)
During the Olympics, I had several from recent orders, and my boys made Bobsleds out of them. Castles, slides, hideouts....all good stuff.

In the winter we'll burn them...makes great fire starters.

esavvymom said:
Everyone had great ideas....

BUT- if you have any kids..save one or two for them! They love them! Once they've destroyed it (I have boys), then recycle it as normal. The rest you can get rid of. :)
During the Olympics, I had several from recent orders, and my boys made Bobsleds out of them. Castles, slides, hideouts....all good stuff.

Yes, I even have a post on my blog called "Blake in the Box" when my little boy got inside a box with his pillow and his stuffed animals and even slept in it.

But yes, that's a great idea for using Craigslist or Freecycle. I use both of them a lot.

Thanks!

Adrian

esavvymom said:
Everyone had great ideas....

BUT- if you have any kids..save one or two for them! They love them! Once they've destroyed it (I have boys), then recycle it as normal. The rest you can get rid of. :)

Too funny--my grandsons use them for the same things!! Never enough boxes in our house--then of course, they do get recycled.

Related to Say Goodbye to Excess Cardboard: Easy Solutions for Box Disposal

1. What are some easy solutions for disposing of excess cardboard?

One easy solution is to break down the boxes and place them in a recycling bin. You can also check with your local recycling center for specific guidelines on cardboard disposal.

2. Can I recycle cardboard that has been contaminated with food or oil?

No, cardboard that has been contaminated with food, oil, or other substances cannot be recycled. It should be disposed of in the regular trash.

3. How can I reduce the amount of cardboard waste in my home?

You can reduce the amount of cardboard waste by choosing products with minimal or eco-friendly packaging, reusing boxes for storage or shipping, and opting for digital receipts instead of paper ones.

4. Are there any creative ways to repurpose cardboard boxes?

Yes, there are many creative ways to repurpose cardboard boxes, such as turning them into storage bins, creating DIY home decor, or using them for kids' crafts.

5. What should I do if my recycling bin is too small for all my excess cardboard?

If your recycling bin is too small, you can contact your local recycling center for additional options, such as dropping off excess cardboard or requesting a larger bin. You can also consider donating or selling the boxes to someone who may need them for moving or storage purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies