• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sarah Palin's E-Mail Account Hacked

it was all trump supporters.Yes, there were some arrests during the Convention but it's all been swept under the rug. Presumably because it's not politically convenient for the left.The e-mail account of Sarah Palin, the Republican candidate for Vice President of the United States, has been hacked and messages and photos of the former governor and her family have been posted on a website.
I didn't see that skit and don't want to. Incest is not funny. The thought of them joking about something like that absolutely turns my stomach.And yes, I would say the same no matter who is portrayed in the skit.

MandyK said:
Biden is from Delaware. I'm originally from DE.

I swear to heaven when I looked it up online the site said Ohio---oh well...reagardless my point was made. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I heard about that skit on talk radio today. I was disgusted that they even felt humor of that kind was not off limits...disgusting!

My DD was watching it and I left the room when SNL came on. I don't agree with the type of humor they portray. :grumpy: I agree we should have limits for humor, some things should be off limits.:grumpy:

The skit was meant to portray how much the media has sensationalized trivialities in Palin's personal life, and how they're grasping at straws to come up with any "dirt" on her. They weren't implying her family had any incest...they were saying that the media would have no qualms about making such a claim.

Dear Hathery,No, SNL writers weren't trying any old way to defame Sarah Palin at all.Signed,The Easter BunnyPS - Barack Obama's "lipstick on a pig" comment wasn't referring to Sarah Palin either.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Dear Hathery,

No, SNL writers weren't trying any old way to defame Sarah Palin at all.

Signed,

The Easter Bunny

PS - Barack Obama's "lipstick on a pig" comment wasn't referring to Sarah Palin either.

Did you even see the sketch? Sounds like you missed the point of it a little bit.

The skit was meant to portray how much the media has sensationalized trivialities in Palin's personal life, and how they're grasping at straws to come up with any "dirt" on her. They weren't implying her family had any incest...they were saying that the media would have no qualms about making such a claim.
They were totally absolutely out of line to even think of joking about incest. They could have come up with something else other than incest if they wanted to talk about how the media has sensationalized Palin. This is degrading a family not just a candidate and is disgusting and inappropriate I have stayed out of these political discussions but this one has me fuming. This went way too far.

And YES I saw the sketch.....

Last edited:
Here is a link to a poll to vote on whether you think Sarah Palin is qualified to be VP of the USA or not.
NOW . Poll | PBS

Regardless of the intent, sexual abuse is NEVER a laughing matter. They could find something funny to put in there instead.

You can just go ahead and keep believing that the target was the MSM. That was the excuse.As Andrew Carnegie said, "Everyone has two reasons for doing something: One that sounds good, and the real reason."The real purpose of the skit was to take a shot at Sarah Palin and it backfired. You think they would have learned from the Obama cover of the New Yorker magazine.BTW, I stopped watching SNL years ago because it is so sophomoric that I cannot imagine why anyone bothers with it anymore. This lame skit just reinforces my belief.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You can just go ahead and keep believing that the target was the MSM. That was the excuse.

As Andrew Carnegie said, "Everyone has two reasons for doing something: One that sounds good, and the real reason."

The real purpose of the skit was to take a shot at Sarah Palin and it backfired. You think they would have learned from the Obama cover of the New Yorker magazine.

BTW, I stopped watching SNL years ago because it is so sophomoric that I cannot imagine why anyone bothers with it anymore. This lame skit just reinforces my belief.

And as the Aunt of a 4 year old niece who had her father do incestuous things to her- that skit was repulsive, and quite frankly Hathery- I think you'd defend Hitler at this point...

Last edited:
Hathery said:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Dear Hathery,

No, SNL writers weren't trying any old way to defame Sarah Palin at all.

Signed,

The Easter Bunny

PS - Barack Obama's "lipstick on a pig" comment wasn't referring to Sarah Palin either.

LOL- I agree, KG

Hathery said:
Did you even see the sketch? Sounds like you missed the point of it a little bit.
And as the Aunt of a 4 year old niece who had her father do incestuous things to her- that skit was repulsive, and quite frankly Hathery- I think you'd defend Hitler at this point... Additionally, it sounds to me that nothing is off limits to you, as long as the fun is being poked at someone who's political beliefs you do not agree with... just my observation- don't bother trying to tell me otherwise...it would just be an exercise in futility.

To take a shot at a candidate is one thing. To use a serious cultural issue that has hurt many people is another.

Again, abuse of any kind is not a laughing matter!

We have enough trouble with inappropriate actions by people, we do not need to trivialize those actions. If we sensationalize the actions that hurt people for their entire lifetime how can we say we want them to know we care about them and want to help?

There isn't much sense in defending the skit when the point was clearly missed. It was about media sensationalism, not a personal attack on anyone made by SNL. If you don't understand that...well, not a whole lot can be done. Clearly no one in the skit was glorifying incest or implying that Palin's family was truly involved in any sort of activity like that.

They've done skits about Obama plenty of times on SNL, and John McCain has actually HOSTED. It's not a one-sided issue; Palin is just the flavor of the week so made for a humorous topical subject.

In reality, it makes no sense to defend a skit that is indefensible. Say what you like, the REAL point of the skit was not missed.

Hathery said:
There isn't much sense in defending the skit when the point was clearly missed. It was about media sensationalism, not a personal attack on anyone made by SNL. If you don't understand that...well, not a whole lot can be done. Clearly no one in the skit was glorifying incest or implying that Palin's family was truly involved in any sort of activity like that.

They've done skits about Obama plenty of times on SNL, and John McCain has actually HOSTED. It's not a one-sided issue; Palin is just the flavor of the week so made for a humorous topical subject.

How in the "H" "E" double hockey sticks can incest be a humorous topical subject? You simply amaze me...
And I believe you are simply so decieved that you cannot get past the fact that the skit WAS a dig and not what you think it was- but they do say that ignorance is bliss...

Kitchen Diva said:
How in the "H" "E" double hockey sticks can incest be a humorous topical subject? You simply amaze me...
And I believe you are simply so decieved that you cannot get past the fact that the skit WAS a dig and not what you think it was- but they do say that ignorance is bliss...

It wasn't ABOUT incest. It was about journalists making up stories and trying to come up with the worst "dirt" they could find on someone, even if it wasn't true. Everyone agrees that incest is terrible...that's why they used it as an example of the lengths media will go to in order to form a smear campaign.

I'm really not sure why you would even watch SNL if you're that easily offended by satire.

<h2>1. How did Sarah Palin's e-mail account get hacked?</h2><p>The hacker used a method called "social engineering," which involves tricking someone into revealing their password or other sensitive information. In this case, the hacker impersonated Palin and convinced an AOL employee to reset her password by answering security questions.</p><h2>2. What information was posted on the hacked website?</h2><p>The contents of Palin's e-mails, including personal and professional correspondence, as well as family photos, were posted on the website.</p><h2>3. Is the website still online?</h2><p>As of now, the website is no longer online. It is either down due to overwhelming traffic or has been taken down by authorities.</p><h2>4. Who is responsible for the hack?</h2><p>A left-wing group has claimed responsibility for the hack, but the actual identity of the hacker is still unknown.</p><h2>5. What is the reaction to the hack?</h2><p>The reaction to the hack has been mixed, with some condemning the invasion of privacy and others using the leaked information to criticize Palin. The AOL News article referenced in this prompt suggests that the political left has been particularly vocal in their criticism of Palin, using the hack as another opportunity to attack her.</p>

Related to Sarah Palin's E-Mail Account Hacked

1. How did Sarah Palin's e-mail account get hacked?

The hacker used a method called "social engineering," which involves tricking someone into revealing their password or other sensitive information. In this case, the hacker impersonated Palin and convinced an AOL employee to reset her password by answering security questions.

2. What information was posted on the hacked website?

The contents of Palin's e-mails, including personal and professional correspondence, as well as family photos, were posted on the website.

3. Is the website still online?

As of now, the website is no longer online. It is either down due to overwhelming traffic or has been taken down by authorities.

4. Who is responsible for the hack?

A left-wing group has claimed responsibility for the hack, but the actual identity of the hacker is still unknown.

5. What is the reaction to the hack?

The reaction to the hack has been mixed, with some condemning the invasion of privacy and others using the leaked information to criticize Palin. The AOL News article referenced in this prompt suggests that the political left has been particularly vocal in their criticism of Palin, using the hack as another opportunity to attack her.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cathyskitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Hathery
Back