• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sa Rectangle Platter Heated With Candles?

In summary, setting tealight candles underneath a hospitality stand to keep food warm is a successful option.
rajenkiPC
Serveral years ago I remember seeing in the catalog that you could set up some of the SA products with tealight candles under the stands to keep the dishes warm for whatever you were serving. Has anyone ever tried this?

I'd like to make the Holiday Wrappings recipe for my New Years Eve party but they are supposed to be served warm. I was thinking if I displayed them on the SA rectangle platter on the stand and set 3 tealights underneath, that would work to keep the wrappings warm once on the table...what do you think? Will the flame wreck my platter? Will this idea keep the food warm enough?

There was a thingy that was added to the hospitality stand for fondue. You can use tealights under the SA and it should be fine.

rennea said:
There was a thingy that was added to the hospitality stand for fondue. You can use tealights under the SA and it should be fine.

The "thingy" was used to raise the small square bowl up to the level that the rectangle tray and medium square sit at so you should be fine. I have not done that with my new stand - I don't know how the finish would stand up to the heat.

Oh good point about the new stands Beth I never thought of that.

Crud....I'm worried about the finish on the stand now. I have all the old black stands EXCEPT for this one...wouldn't you know. Well I'll take a chance and see what happens.

It's a shame you're so far away. I'd loan you mine if you were closer. Not that that helps, of course.

rajenkiPC said:
Crud....I'm worried about the finish on the stand now. I have all the old black stands EXCEPT for this one...wouldn't you know. Well I'll take a chance and see what happens.

I would just make sure that the flame doesn't touch the finish. Good luck.

Ditto to what Rennea said - as long as the candles don't touch the finish I would think you'd be fine. And, if the flames did "mar" the finish, at least it would be on the bottom and no one else would ever see!!

I did this...it worked fantastic! In fact, I put 4 tealites underneath and it heated so well I had to blow two out for fear it would start cooking the food. LOL....there was NO marring of anything...and the holiday wrappings recipe was a huge hit!

rajenkiPC said:
I did this...it worked fantastic! In fact, I put 4 tealites underneath and it heated so well I had to blow two out for fear it would start cooking the food. LOL....there was NO marring of anything...and the holiday wrappings recipe was a huge hit!

Thanks for the update! I am excited to hear that it didn't hurt the stand! Now that I know that, does anyone want to buy one of the old rectangle stands? ;)

Also, where is the holidy wrappings recipe?

Related to Sa Rectangle Platter Heated With Candles?

1. How long does the platter stay hot?

The platter can stay hot for up to an hour, depending on the room temperature and draft.

2. How many candles are needed to heat the platter?

The platter requires two standard tealight candles to heat evenly.

3. Is the platter safe to use with food?

Yes, the platter is made with food-safe materials and is safe to use with all types of food.

4. Can I use the platter in the oven?

No, the platter is not oven-safe and should only be used with the included candles.

5. How do I clean the platter?

The platter should be hand-washed with warm, soapy water and dried thoroughly before storing. Do not put in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefbilyeu
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • KellyTheChef