• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Round Stone W/ Handles -- Cracking?

In summary, several people have had problems with the stones with handles cracking. There is a possibility that the shipping and handling might be a factor, and the thickness of the stones may be a contributing factor.
bsaxman
Silver Member
Anyone else having a problem with this?! I've had two recently sold Round Stone's w/ Handles crack into 4-5 different pieces. Neither of them were stone shock, and I have no idea what's caused them to crack! H/o replaced the first one (of course) and I haven't called them about the 2nd one yet, but is anyone else having a lot of problems with these too? Just wondering if there is a "bad batch" of them out or something!

I've done adjustments on 5 of 6 this in the last 3 weeks... so maybe. I'm just so thankful HO just processes the adjustments!

I know! I feel bad calling them over and over... I feel like I'm pestering! Ugh.

I have only sold a few of these so far - I am more of a bar pan person - but Have done 2 adjustments on them!

There are at least 2 other threads from a few months ago talking about cracking with the round w/handles. Mine cracked in half in the oven at a show. Thank goodness it was only cookies that I had on it. I talked about the great warrenty.

Yep, me too got an email today matter of fact for the stone with handles :(, although it seems Stoneware in general is breaking for my guests, left and right :(! I've done 3-4 adjustments in the past couple months but about a dozen within a year and thought that seemed kind of high for adjustments!??

Last edited:
I've had to customers buy them both to have them replaced cause they cracked... on of them has had it replaced twice, she is now on her 3rd stone i'm hoping this one doesn't break!!

My sister has cracked two. One was within the first 30 days and the second was the very first time she used it after HO sent her a new one. Hoping for "third times a charm". Thankfully, she's my sister because I wouldn't like to deal with this if it were any other customer.

JAE said:
My sister has cracked two. One was within the first 30 days and the second was the very first time she used it after HO sent her a new one. Hoping for "third times a charm". Thankfully, she's my sister because I wouldn't like to deal with this if it were any other customer.
I know, I hope the replacements that were given to these guests of mine hold up past the 3 year mark!:eek:

Ps. I wonder why there hasn't been a back order for quality control issues after all of these adjusments? Like they just did for the sheet pans?

heat123 said:
Yep, me too got an email today matter of fact for the stone with handles :(, although it seems Stoneware in general is breaking for my guests, left and right :(! I've done 3-4 adjustments in the past couple months but about a dozen within a year and thought that seemed kind of high for adjustments!??

What is going on with the stones! Seriously! I feel bad because to the customer it looks bad. The warranty is great, but it's even better when the product outlives the warranty with no issues, in my opinion, because you KNOW you have a good product! i just dont understand whats going on with these flawed products lately!

Makes me wonder if the shipping and handling have any part to play too...some of my shipment boxes arrive pretty beat up. Funny how my returns on stoneware went up dramatically after we switched from UPS.
Just sayin'....

I just did a second adjustment on this product in a month. If they put a stop sell on the metal sheets because of discoloration, why in the heck don't they put a stop sell on this product. Obviously something is wrong with this product, as in both cases, the customer had only used it a couple of times before it broke in half, in the oven while it was being used. End rant! LOL

Debala715 said:
I just did a second adjustment on this product in a month. If they put a stop sell on the metal sheets because of discoloration, why in the heck don't they put a stop sell on this product. Obviously something is wrong with this product, as in both cases, the customer had only used it a couple of times before it broke in half, in the oven while it was being used. End rant! LOL
The past 2 or 3 adjustments, broke upon first use!:eek: And someone mentioned the thickness of this one with handles seems thinner or less heavy then the original, maybe that is a factor in it??

Just did my first adjustment today and she bought the stone in October.

I have had to replace 4 of the 5 round stones with handles. I sent an email to HO letting then know. A few weeks ago someone from the quality assurance dept called me for more info. The stones are definitely thinner, I measured them. I don't know if that is the cause, or whether the design makes it more unstable or maybe it was a bad batch-they were all sold between September and December last year. I wouldn't be surprised if they put a stop sell on them or pull them altogether. I, personally, never liked it anyway, with nothing to do about the returns. I just think it is harder to store with the handles. Where I keep my stones works well because they are flat. i don't know where I would put this one.

Cracked StoneMy stone just cracked a few minutes ago as soon as I removed it from the oven. 4 pieces. Jumped on here to see if others are having problems

Had a customer call me the other day - hers broke in two.

I've only sold 4 of these, and 2 customers have reported the stone cracking while in the oven. For me, it's not a stone I'd buy, I'll stick with my well seasoned round stone and rack. LOL

eeek, now I'm glad I haven't sold any!
I just bought the small bar pan. Hopefully that one won't have problems. My dad just bought a 13 inch stone today, looks brand new. He got it at a yard sale.

I have had 3 customers that said it broke while in the oven one of the first times they used it.

Add me to the list. Got a call yesterday from a host who used hers for the first time and it split in half...

I sent a note to HO asking if they've seen increased breakage issues with this style stone. Will report back if I hear anything!

yeah mine broke a couple of weeks ago and i haven't called it in to ho yet. i kinda don't want another one and i wonder if they will give me a refund for it since it was part of the samples that i purchased at the beginning of this year in open stock

I remember reading this thread when it started and it popped right into my head when MY stone broke two nights ago. Dang it!! Only one other stone of mine broke in the past 5 years. Mine had a self-rising crust pizza on it in the oven and I heard "that noise" and knew just what it was. It broke into 4 pieces. I called right away to get it replaced and asked about this problem with this particular stone. He said he has heard there have been more problems with this stone than any other, but doesn't know if they're going to pursue a stop sell or not.

By the way, I was able to salvage the pizza and was able to slide it onto a NON STONE!! I needed something fast and remembered I had one of those "air bake" pizza pans from my pre-PC days. It was the first time in 5 years I've made a pizza on anything other than a stone.:eek: Unfortunately, it was actually very good on that pan.

I'm worried now, I have one but haven't used it yet. Still using my "old" stones. I hope it's a recent thing since I have had mine since they first came out. *fingers crossed*

rennea said:
I'm worried now, I have one but haven't used it yet. Still using my "old" stones. I hope it's a recent thing since I have had mine since they first came out. *fingers crossed*
I had mine since I earned it for free when they first came out. Although I used it a bunch of times, so it wasn't on the first try. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I've sold quite a bunch of them, but have only heard of one customer's cracking.

Well, my sister called me a little while ago and told me that hers exploded in the oven!! It made a plate on the counter fall off it shook the oven so bad!
She said that the stone broke into 4-5 pieces and all the food that was on it went all over the bottom of her stove.:cry: This is just too many stones breaking to be misuse or thermal shock. I really think they need to look into this issue. I told her that I will call them, but I hope that none of my other customers have this problem. I don't have one and guess I won't now!

pamperedtara said:
I have had 3 customers that said it broke while in the oven one of the first times they used it.

YES! This is the same story people are giving me!

I am sick of this! They need to put it on Stop Sell until they figure out what the heck is wrong with them! Every time I sell one, I wonder when it will explode in my customer's oven! Eeeek.:yuck:

2 weeks ago I had a customer call about the lg round stone with handles. She bought it in Nov as a gift for someone. It broke the 1st time she used it :(I thought nothing of it until I came upon this thread.... I'm thinking they do need to put a stop sell on this stone.

I think I've done adjustments on nearly every lg round stone with handles that I sold in the Jan/Feb time frame. Mine that came in my samples is great and I use it ALL the time. Noone who has gotten their replacements has had any trouble so hopefully that was just a bad batch.

I was just thinking...I am going to go back and make some Customer Care calls to my guests that have purchased the lg round stone w/ handles. Not that I am looking for trouble, but see if they are using it, etc. There may be some guests that bought one and it broke, but they didn't know who to call because they lost the receipt (as many guests do). I need to do my 3 calls a day anyway; these will be the next calls I do.

Another one bites the dust...Just got another e-mail from a customer. Hers broke on first use, too. :cry: Renee, I'm following in your foot steps. I'm going to be making some customer care calls today!

Diane- in the past when reading your screen name i read it as "Dian Evil" LOL And now I realize what your last name is and that I was completely screwing it up! Sorry! :)

bsaxman said:
Diane- in the past when reading your screen name i read it as "Dian Evil" LOL And now I realize what your last name is and that I was completely screwing it up! Sorry! :)

LOL - A couple of Cheffers have mentioned that before. Some people may think I am :eek:.

My daughter's name is Elyse. At school the kids' computer passwords are their first initial, first 3 letters of their last name, so she truly is Evil!

I have called to get several of these stones replaced. Probably 10-15 so far. I am hoping they are only breaking because of packaging and shipping like the bar stone used to break.

I love this stone and want to feel confident in selling it.

I have also had a lot of stoneware issues in the past 6 months, mostly with this piece. Just got another this morning!

I had a customer who got the large round stone with handles in January. It broke the 2nd or 3rd time they used it. So, we got it replaced & the replacement broke the very first time in the oven. I called HO & they let her replace it with the plain large round stone (without handles). She didn't want to try the handles one again. They reimbursed her the $2 or $3 difference. At least HO was very helpful & willing to work with the customer! :)

dianevill said:
LOL - A couple of Cheffers have mentioned that before. Some people may think I am :eek:.

My daughter's name is Elyse. At school the kids' computer passwords are their first initial, first 3 letters of their last name, so she truly is Evil!
LOL!!! My son likes to tease my daughter and tell her that she's a germ! Even though her initials for her full name is JRM..... so he says "Hey Jessica, you're a JRM and really over emphasizing the "germ" part of it! My daughter just fumes:mad: ! And that is why he does it, because he gets a rise out of her.....Kids.....!

And add me to the list Diane about reading it as Diane Evill, but then I looked at your name and made the connection instantly! And all of us that know you, know that you are great and definetely not evil! You are an awesome person!:thumbup: ;) :)

Last edited:
I just got one of these for KE - hope mine doesn't break!!!! I haven't used it yet!

dianevill said:

That is hilarious! I literally had the biggest "A-hah moment" today when I read your last name! I just HAD to say something because I really felt like a doofus when I realized you weren't really evil... :) :)

I just heard from a customer who's stone cracked as well. Whats with it?

Related to Round Stone W/ Handles -- Cracking?

1. Why is my Round Stone with Handles cracking?

There could be a few reasons why your Round Stone with Handles is cracking. It is possible that there was a flaw in the stone before it was sold, causing it to crack under pressure. Another possibility is that the stone was not handled properly or was exposed to extreme temperature changes, which can cause it to crack. However, it is also possible that there is a manufacturing issue with a particular batch of Round Stones.

2. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

We have received a few reports of Round Stones with Handles cracking, but it is not a widespread issue. If you have experienced this problem, please contact our customer service team so we can address the issue and provide a replacement if necessary.

3. What should I do if my Round Stone with Handles cracks?

If your Round Stone with Handles cracks, please contact our customer service team for a replacement. We stand behind our products and want to ensure that you are satisfied with your purchase.

4. How can I prevent my Round Stone with Handles from cracking?

To prevent your Round Stone with Handles from cracking, it is important to follow the care instructions provided with the product. Avoid exposing the stone to extreme temperature changes and always handle it with care. Also, make sure to properly season the stone before use to help prevent cracking.

5. Is there a warranty for the Round Stone with Handles?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products come with a satisfaction guarantee. If you experience any issues with your Round Stone with Handles, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dancedivine
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Michelle817
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
PChefRenee
  • Intrepid_Chef